“Cool people , good food .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Vortex

The Vortex
878 Peachtree St., Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)
(404) 875-1667
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 3,307 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Augusta, Georgia
“Cool people , good food .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I love dining in places that I've seen on tv .. Food network and travel channel especially so I HAD to try the Vortex . Off the bat , it gives off a cool rocker vibe on the inside with interesting pictures of goth women on the walls and an eclectic staff . My only regret is that I wish I wasn't so safe with my order ! I will definitely go back and when I do , I'm trying something crazy ! Overall the food and value were good and I would recommend it .

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
“Perpare yourself for the Triple Coronary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Humongous and tasty - between grilled cheese sandwiches/' C'mon, how can you go wrong?

Had the pleasure of stopping in during a visit to Hotlanta, to watch GT flounder yet again (sorry GT FB Fans) a huge lead to my Hurricanes last year.

I was fortunate to meet the owners while there. This place takes you back - with all of the eclectic design, art, zebra, etc... The staff was great, and the food was dynamite! Great place to meet locals, grab some great grub and enjoy the show. Will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, TN
“A Burger for Every Taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went to Vortex Bar & Grill in Midtown (S/O saw it on Man vs. Food). I had the white bean chicken chilli (surprising good), bacon cheeseburger (good) and onion rings (love beer-battered rings). S/O had the Dixie fries (tasty and generous), Coronary Bypass burger (ridiculous...lol). The burger menu is pretty extensive. Something for every taste, even veggie. Smokers are welcome there, but thank goodness none there when we were. Children are not welcome. Must be 18 and older all of the time. They serve just about every kind of liquor made and beer made. No house or specialty cocktails. So you will have to know what you what. Would definitely go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“"Get sucked in!" - the burgers are bomb!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The "Rebel Outlaw" the perfect blend of pulled pork, spicy outlaw sauce, cheddar cheese and bacon on top of a perfect burger! Gotta make it a regular stop!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in Atlanta. We always go back every time we visit. The burgers are great and I also really appreciate that they have veggie burgers for us vegetarians!

• Visited February 2013