“Amazing dinner & amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wisteria

Wisteria
471 N Highland Ave, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Inman Park)
(404) 525-3363
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wisteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,280 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Colquitt
Huntsville, Alabama
“Amazing dinner & amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We used trip advisor to find this gem of a restaurant. We were a party of 12 ladies & we had zero complaints about our food or service. Our waitress, Jessie was prompt, polite, & smiley! We started with black eyed pea hummus & pimento cheese deviled eggs. I ate 3 eggs! I should be slightly embarrassed that I did that....but nah!!! I & few others had the pan fried half chicken with corn pudding, greens & a mushroom ragout....YUM! The corn pudding, served like polenta, was crispy on the outside but was a creamy, true southern classic on the inside. My friend had the pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes & said it was the best pork she had ever eaten. Portion size was plentiful especially for the price!
All of the wait staff was super attentive with no complaints and that is unheard of for a party of 12 women!
The desserts were heavenly! I sampled the chocolate torte with spicy Mexican chocolate ice cream, carrot cake & banana pudding. Others had the caramel s'more & said it was to die for!
This is a must dine for Atlanta & I will again & again when we travel here!

• Visited July 2013

Atlanta
“Third Visit: Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love this place, small, quaint, charming! Each visit and meal the chef is breaking new culinary ground. I love the always, super fresh veggies and the soups are the best, such a pleasure to taste. I try something different each and everytime and I'm quite simply blown away by the level of excellence coming from the kitchen. The service is great!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta
“Food is great, service is ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have eaten here several times.
Food is wonderful !
Service is average +.
Rather noisy!
Tables are very close together!
However, the food is really great and a glass of house wine is expensive.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful meal here. Hummus, salad, salmon, pork loin... It was all delicious. The drinks were over-priced though. I would have loved to enjoy wine or beer with my meal, but I just couldn't justify spending $6-7 for LOCAL sweetwater beer or $9-10 for their cheapest glass of wine. So, that was dissapointing. But, the food was great!

• Visited June 2013
Vernon, Connecticut
“Wonderful experience.....southern influence throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted a restaurant near Inman Park and we spotted Wisteria and the decision was easy. The valet parking was helpful given the street parking near bye was all full by the time we arrived. Seating is tight, but everyone was very gracious and we were seated in a corner with only one table next to us. Our wait was knowledgeable and very personable. I had a cold carrot soup that was outstanding. While I really like hot soups, I rarely ever have cold soup. I am glad I tried this one. The spices and topping were excellent. Our dinners arrived soon after I finished the soup. My wife had the fried chicken and she substituted asparagus for the collared greens. She thought the fried chicken was hands down the best she ever had. I went with the shrimp and grits. The sauce had a nice zip to it and the grits were very smooth. There were several large shrimp that rounded out the meal.i had a draft beer from Maine which was good. Wisteria had quite a wide variety of beers from a number of locations throughout the east coast. Finally for dessert we tried three of the petite choices. Carrot cake, peach cobbler, and chocolate tart. My wife thought the chocolate tart was too sweet for her taste. We both enjoyed the carrot cake and the peach cobbler. If you are like me and like trying several different desserts the petite serving is the way to go. Overall a great meal with lots of southern influence.

• Visited June 2013