“Third Visit: Never Disappoints!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wisteria

Wisteria
471 N Highland Ave, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Inman Park)
(404) 525-3363
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wisteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Colquitt
Atlanta
“Third Visit: Never Disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I love this place, small, quaint, charming! Each visit and meal the chef is breaking new culinary ground. I love the always, super fresh veggies and the soups are the best, such a pleasure to taste. I try something different each and everytime and I'm quite simply blown away by the level of excellence coming from the kitchen. The service is great!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Atlanta
“Food is great, service is ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have eaten here several times.
Food is wonderful !
Service is average +.
Rather noisy!
Tables are very close together!
However, the food is really great and a glass of house wine is expensive.

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful meal here. Hummus, salad, salmon, pork loin... It was all delicious. The drinks were over-priced though. I would have loved to enjoy wine or beer with my meal, but I just couldn't justify spending $6-7 for LOCAL sweetwater beer or $9-10 for their cheapest glass of wine. So, that was dissapointing. But, the food was great!

• Visited June 2013
Vernon, Connecticut
“Wonderful experience.....southern influence throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted a restaurant near Inman Park and we spotted Wisteria and the decision was easy. The valet parking was helpful given the street parking near bye was all full by the time we arrived. Seating is tight, but everyone was very gracious and we were seated in a corner with only one table next to us. Our wait was knowledgeable and very personable. I had a cold carrot soup that was outstanding. While I really like hot soups, I rarely ever have cold soup. I am glad I tried this one. The spices and topping were excellent. Our dinners arrived soon after I finished the soup. My wife had the fried chicken and she substituted asparagus for the collared greens. She thought the fried chicken was hands down the best she ever had. I went with the shrimp and grits. The sauce had a nice zip to it and the grits were very smooth. There were several large shrimp that rounded out the meal.i had a draft beer from Maine which was good. Wisteria had quite a wide variety of beers from a number of locations throughout the east coast. Finally for dessert we tried three of the petite choices. Carrot cake, peach cobbler, and chocolate tart. My wife thought the chocolate tart was too sweet for her taste. We both enjoyed the carrot cake and the peach cobbler. If you are like me and like trying several different desserts the petite serving is the way to go. Overall a great meal with lots of southern influence.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our dinner at Wisteria. We were grateful to reviewers on TripAdvisor for helping us pick a delight in a city we had never been to before. I love the urban warehouse feel of the restaurant. It was intimate without being snotty. With such high ceilings it can get a bit noisy, but we were with friends and didn't have any trouble talking/hearing without yelling/repeating. The service was great - attentive without being invasive and friendly without lingering too long. I also have to say that in a packed house on a holiday weekend we were immediately seated when we arrived for our reservation - definitely a bonus in our book! Valet parking was nice too - especially in a city that can be a bit tough to find parking in.

The menu was very interesting and had options for any kind of eater (I love my pork and my husband his catfish). The food was well prepared, though largely portioned. We loved the small plate desserts - definitely get three, it isn't too much and perfect for sharing! We would make a return visit if we were in Atlanta again.

• Visited May 2013