“Wonderful experience.....southern influence throughout” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wisteria

Wisteria
471 N Highland Ave, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Inman Park)
(404) 525-3363
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wisteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Colquitt
Vernon, Connecticut
“Wonderful experience.....southern influence throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We wanted a restaurant near Inman Park and we spotted Wisteria and the decision was easy. The valet parking was helpful given the street parking near bye was all full by the time we arrived. Seating is tight, but everyone was very gracious and we were seated in a corner with only one table next to us. Our wait was knowledgeable and very personable. I had a cold carrot soup that was outstanding. While I really like hot soups, I rarely ever have cold soup. I am glad I tried this one. The spices and topping were excellent. Our dinners arrived soon after I finished the soup. My wife had the fried chicken and she substituted asparagus for the collared greens. She thought the fried chicken was hands down the best she ever had. I went with the shrimp and grits. The sauce had a nice zip to it and the grits were very smooth. There were several large shrimp that rounded out the meal.i had a draft beer from Maine which was good. Wisteria had quite a wide variety of beers from a number of locations throughout the east coast. Finally for dessert we tried three of the petite choices. Carrot cake, peach cobbler, and chocolate tart. My wife thought the chocolate tart was too sweet for her taste. We both enjoyed the carrot cake and the peach cobbler. If you are like me and like trying several different desserts the petite serving is the way to go. Overall a great meal with lots of southern influence.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
“Great food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our dinner at Wisteria. We were grateful to reviewers on TripAdvisor for helping us pick a delight in a city we had never been to before. I love the urban warehouse feel of the restaurant. It was intimate without being snotty. With such high ceilings it can get a bit noisy, but we were with friends and didn't have any trouble talking/hearing without yelling/repeating. The service was great - attentive without being invasive and friendly without lingering too long. I also have to say that in a packed house on a holiday weekend we were immediately seated when we arrived for our reservation - definitely a bonus in our book! Valet parking was nice too - especially in a city that can be a bit tough to find parking in.

The menu was very interesting and had options for any kind of eater (I love my pork and my husband his catfish). The food was well prepared, though largely portioned. We loved the small plate desserts - definitely get three, it isn't too much and perfect for sharing! We would make a return visit if we were in Atlanta again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kihei, Hawaii
“Good vibe, good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Bustling on a Friday night, but we still got our food and drinks at a good pace. Server was well informed about the cocktails, wine, and food. Only thing we didn't like was the Organic Garden martini, other cocktails were great. For food we started with the pimento deviled eggs-divine! Also the arancini which were good with a great pesto accompaniment. For entrees, the meatballs were the favorite at our table. Also good were the soft shell crab, lamb shank, and the trout. Interior is fun, some exposed ductwork, brickwork-tables close, but not too much. A nice mixed crowd, lively but good acoustics.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Great Location, Service and Food was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took my wife here after reading the reviews about the restaurant. I made reservations and after arriving 20 minutes early we were immediately seated. I had told them we were there for my wife's birthday so they sat us at a table by the window. The server was always available and kept checking on us. We had some Salmon Tartar for our appetizer and it was good. We also had some wine and I also had a nice Martini which was very good. Our main courses were the shrimp and grits and the southern fried chicken with collard greens and cornbread. Both dishes were cooked perfect and had a lot of flavor. After leaving for the evening we drove through the Inman Park neighborhood and enjoyed seeing all of the historic homes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Go if you get a chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint, From the service to the food we were not disappointed.

Had a nice wine selection, we had the steak and the pork tenderloin and both were very good.

The atmosphere was pleasant and the wait staff was really good.

We will go back the next time we are in Atlanta.

• Visited April 2013