“nothing but joy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria to your Saves list
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3595 Cumberland Blvd SE, I-75 and I-285 in the Cobb Galleria, Atlanta, GA 30339-3361 (Cumberland)   |
Hotel deals
Vancouver, Canada
“nothing but joy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Canada/US coast to coast, hotel #31, 2 nights

I found this hotel after one very uncomfortable night downtown at the Best Western on Peachtree. This turned out to be the most luxurious and best value stay of our entire trip. If only you could pack hotel rooms in the trunk, we would have kept this room for the whole trip.

This room was the equivalent of a luxury 2 bedroom apartment at less than $200, we had to keep pinching ourselves. As it was the std rate was $195 and we got $20 off that price offered when I booked the room online. The std price would have been an awesome deal. When you walk in the door you stand in a spacious living room with large screen LCD TV, just ahead is a spacious fully fledged kitchen with seating for four. Off to each side was a large bedroom each with its own bathroom and large screen TV. The entire complex/room rated very high on aesthetic appeal, as I say we had to keep pinching ourselves as we had just fled from a sardine can downtown that is the Best Western. The sounproofing was amazing, the bedrooms and kitchen had very large windows looking out over the freeway, I recall sitting in the kitchen and realizing that the cars and trucks were passing by without making a sound. Needless to say we were extremely comfortable at this hotel and wished our stay there could have been longer. Despite being 10mi north of downtown we drove in each day and got to see all that we wanted Coke, CNN and the MLK memorial. There is tons of good eating and drinking all around the hotel. If we ever visit Atlanta again we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are happy we were able to accommodate all of your wants and needs! We take great pride in our hotel and cannot wait for you to come back and visit again soon!

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a brand new hotel with great rooms, nice bathrooms and takes pets. The hotel is an easy on and off location from the 285 plus with great restaurants nearby. We were there for the GT Tech football game and it was perfecy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! You are right - we are right next to the interstate making it quick and easy to get to Georgia Tech and the downtown area! We hope you will come back for some more games this season and the seasons to come!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The pros:
This hotel was right in the middle of everything that we wanted to do. It's was only 5 min from the Cobb Energy Center, shops, and restaurants.

The bed was comfortable and the room/bathroom very clean.

Front desk attendants were friendly and helpful.

The price of the hotel was reasonable.

Cons:
The A.C. unit in the room blew air directly on us and I felt like I had allergies(stopped up nose in the morning). No way to re-position the vent. We had to keep the air off majority of the time because I didn't want to have that stopped up feeling.

Breakfast was fine but every morning there was pepper in the eggs. I like pepper but my husband doesn't. I think their eggs are packaged that way. So, this would be an easy fix for them. The rest of the breakfast was fine.

Stayed September 2013
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review! Each comment is reviewed and discussed with the proper department. I will personally speak with the breakfast attendants to ensure we are not using pepper in our eggs, or any other breakfast items. I will also speak with our Director of Engineering to see if we can arrange the vents in any other direction in the rooms. Thank you so much for your pro's and con's and we hope we can fix the con's before your next visit back to Atlanta!
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just found this hotel on my last stay to visit family in ATL. This was a great hotel. It is brand new, in a great location, easy and free parking, VERY clean, very nice modern decor, comfortable bed and good shower. My room was a King Suite and it was very comfortable, spacious and well appointed. My only complaint was related to food. The evening we got there, we went downstairs and ordered tortilla chips and queso. It was not crowded and we sat outside. It took almost 30 minutes to bring us the chips/queso. Being that long, we expected it to be something really special. Instead we got a thick, barely warm glob of yellow nacho cheese like you would get in a high school stadium concession stand and some bagged chips. They barely heated up the cheese...big disappointment and we had to gobble it down as we were now late as it took so long to get it. Should have just cancelled the order. High hopes for breakfast the next morning only to be disappointed again. The employee working the breakfast area looked like she would rather be anywhere but there. The eggs were watery and flavorless. The fruit was pale and had no flavor. The grits were like drinking water with specks of grits in it...VERY thin and not worth eating. I ended up with a piece of toast and a yogurt which was probably all I needed but very disappointing. There was talk of someone making omelettes in the hotel information but I did not see anyone making anything to order and I looked all around. I would definitely stay at this hotel again but will not eat anything in the evening and will lower my expectations for breakfast. The eating area was very nice and clean but the food was terrible. Still a good hotel overall!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your recent review! We take all reviews to heart and are disappointed to see that your food was not up to par. We will make sure that we are taking more time with our food prep and that we are not serving cold, tasteless food. We will also work with our team on their timeliness, as it is just as important as the taste! Please make sure you give us another shot next time you are in the Atlanta area!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here for the rooms & free breakfast. The breakfast was terrible. The eggs have so much pepper that it is ridiculous. The bacon was not cooked well. There is not enough room for parking & if you get here too late you have to park in a lot across the street from the hotel -not at all convenient & very hard on handicapped people. When I placed my complaint to the manager he offered to fix us food special which is not tight. He did not seem to care since I had called the Hyatt customer service line & they said he would call me he never did. His excuse was that I was leaving the hotel when he came into work. Really!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete our review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770-541-2960.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great Hotel. It was new (April 2013) modern, clean, fresh and plenty of visitors. The rooms were amazing. We booked the 2 bedroom Suites. Reminded me of home. The Mall and Interstate are both within quick driving distance 2-3 minutes tops! Also shops, and Restaurants of all kinds. Copelands, Hooters, Longhorn and Pollo Tropical to name a few..

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Suites are very spacious and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are happy to see you enjoyed your recent visit to the HYATT house! We agree that the location is great and convenient to anything one could want! The two bedroom suite is rather exceptional and we are happy you got to experience it first hand! We hope that if you are in the Atlanta area again, you will choose to come back and stay with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is a nice, clean, and new “not newly renovated”. I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The staff is small but very friendly. Will at the front desk was helpful. You have the option of regular rooms, which are fairly large because you get a couch and small table, or the suites which give you more room. The suites have a full kitchen and a living room. The hotel is very quiet, which means a goodnight sleep. The TVs in the room were large and had an excellent channel lineup. Also, they have FREE WIFI. Breakfast is served every morning which is nice if you want to grab a coffee/ OJ/ tea. The food for breakfast is by no means the deluxe buffet at the Marriott Hotel. I would not expect a great breakfast here considering the full kitchen in your hotel room. The parking at the hotel is great. If you have a moving truck or tractor trailer, there is room for the vehicles to park. The only cons about the hotel are the water pressure and lighting. In the regular King room, the water pressure was non-existent; it was horrible. It was like getting water from a slow drip faucet. The lighting in the regular King bathroom shower space is not good. This place is a good stay for every type of traveler; business travelers, families, singles, and couples. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Suites face the highway and regular rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are glad to see you enjoyed your recent trip to Atlanta! Thank you for taking the time out to tell us about the problems you encountered, as well. We will definitely look into the water pressure, as that should never be the case! The lighting issue will also be addressed. And for future reference, we have all room types on both sides of the building, so whatever suits you best, we will be happy to accommodate your needs on your next visit!

Been to HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!