“I could stay here forever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria to your Saves list
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3595 Cumberland Blvd SE, I-75 and I-285 in the Cobb Galleria, Atlanta, GA 30339-3361 (Cumberland)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #13 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
NC
“I could stay here forever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Absolutely LOVED my stay here!!

New location. Lobby and reception area very bright with modern design. Very cordial and welcoming staff. Because it’s a newer location, the GPS couldn’t pull exact location and the front desk receptionist stayed on the phone with us until we got about a block away <pretty cool right, wish I would have remembered his name for the review>.

Complimentary billards just off from the lobby area. Nice.

I absolutely LOVED our guest room. We had the single suite. I seriously took like 10 minutes taking in all of the amenities. Very spacious room. Suite includes kitchen and living area. Full size refrigerator with freezer. Microwave with microwaveable plate and lid. Coffee make. White coffee cups, plates and bowls…Wine glasses… 2-eye stove top…Kitchen Sink…and get this – Dishwasher!! I know right!.....Salt & Pepper Shakers with S&P packs inside <cute!!>

The kitchen counter separates the kitchen from the living area. Also served as a desk Lots of electrical outlets in the area. Enough counter/desk space where 2 people could comfortable work together on the counter.

Large sofa and ottoman. There is a dividing partition that separate the living area and bedroom to allow some level of privacy. The partition houses the flat screen television which – wait for it – has a full swivel head so the TV can be watched either from the living room – or the bed room <seriously felt like I was in Heaven>

Large comfy bed. Contemporary design and décor. Nightstands on both sides of bed with electrical outlets at base of each lamp. HUGE perk for gadget geeks like me that can’t even go to sleep without my phone being within arm’s reach.

Spacious bathroom includes closet with mirrored sliding glass doors. Large walk-in shower <ahh the life>. Toothpaste and basic amenities. But I also liked that they included a soap dish for the complimentary soap. A small detail many hotels often miss.

And! Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better – a handwritten note from ‘Shuneka’ – 'Please enjoy your stay.' Yep and just like that I became a Hyatt House Raving Fan!

Also, had an opportunity to check out the Fitness Center. Good number of treadmills and ellipticals facing the pool and outdoor patio area. The treadmills have digital touchscreens with option to watch television <ahhh nice!> Filtered water which I kinda think should be a hotel standard. Plenty of work out space for multiple people to use at one time. I do wish they would add a yoga mat or two to allow for on-floor abs and/or stretching. Other than that, had everything I needed.

Complimentary breakfast 6:30 am – 9:30am. I didn’t have an opportunity to partake in the breakfast so no additional thoughts there. Complimentary WSJ.

Oh – less than 5 minutes from Cumberland Mall, a ton of chain restaurants in area, about 20 minutes from Downtown Atlanta (without traffic). Easy access to both Interstate 285 and 75…..And, my interior decorator friend loved that they had wood floors in the kitchen -☺

So short story long, LOOOVED this hotel. My only regret was that I was unable to stay longer. Can’t wait to get back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the raving review of the Hyatt house Atlanta/ Cobb Galleria! We love to hear when guest genuinely enjoy their visit to our property. Your great attention to detail describes our hotel exquisitely. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and we hope that next time you are in the Atlanta area, you continue to choose us as your preferred hotel!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Upon our arrival, all of the staff were so very eager to assist us in anyway. My husband and I stay here for 6 days and I truly didn't want to leave. It was very different from any other Hyatt brand. The Hyatt House was just that, home. The breakfast was amazing and the decor top notch.

• Stayed April 2013
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am so happy to hear you say that you felt like you were at "home." Being a HYATT house, that is our main objective, to allow our family to feel like they are home and not in a hotel. We hope that if you are in the Atlanta area again, you will please come back and visit!
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Hyatt House for a weekend trip to Atlanta. To begin with, this location is right off the interstate, so it is very convenient. Also, it's less than ten minutes from both a shopping mall and a Target in case there's anything you need that you can't get from the hotel. And it's a short drive to downtown Atlanta. The staff was very friendly. When I checked in, I asked two people at the desk, Will and Ambur, about the distance to Turner Field. They warned me about the Atlanta traffic, and Will was nice enough to give me directions to avoid some of the traffic. When I came back downstairs after dropping off my bags, I went to verify the directions. To my delight, Will had printed out directions for me and highlighted them for easy viewing. And the property is brand new and beautiful. I stayed in a one bedroom king suite. There was a full-size fridge, cook top, dishwasher, dishes, and silverware all provided in the room. I travel to Atlanta a couple times a year, and this is definitely my new place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about the Hyatt house Atlanta/ Cobb Galleria! It is so great to hear that the staff at the hotel went above and beyond for your needs. I hope you enjoyed Turner Field while you were in town! We are very happy you enjoyed your recent stay and we look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Atlanta!
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Unfortunately we only got to spend one night in this beautiful hotel. It is brand new, spotlessly clean, very well equipped and tastefully furnished, The room was spacious and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and efficient. The location is a bit out of town, but not a problem getting in by car, I don't know about public transport. Good shopping nearby. It was remarkably good value for what we paid.

Alround a very good hotel. We would definitely return there ourselves and can strongly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your review and look forward to your next stay with us!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

King Suite room design is truly SWEET!!! IKEA-like and loved it for 6 nights. First time ever at a Hyatt and couldn't be more impressed. New hotel, great price, large HDTVs, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and more. Earned my future business!

• Stayed May 2013
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am ecstatic that we were able to host you for 6 days and didn’t miss a beat!! We strive every day to make each day like your first and I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review about us! We have made several enhancements this week, so the next arrival will be even better for you!! I look forward to meeting you on your next stay!

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a brand-spanking new property located right on I-75. This was my first stay at a Hyatt House and I am very impressed. The lobby and common areas are bright, spacious and very inviting. The breakfast area provides plenty of elbow room around the self-serve counters, and unlike the Hyatt Places I've stayed at, there are tables a-plenty. Maybe it's because the hotel is only one month old - the omelet station looks like a temporary set up. But it's a small issue, as it still turns out good omelets. Bonus: There is a pool table outside the fitness room.

I have always joked that rooms at the Hyatt Place had a nursing home-ish vibe. In contrast, the Hyatt House interiors had a younger feel. The bathroom is bigger and has a shower stall instead of a tub. A few negatives: (1) The standard room was small, so furniture placement was a bit awkward. This is where the Hyatt Place has the advantage - their rooms feel bigger with the separate living and sleeping areas. Still, there was enough room at the Hyatt House to move around without tripping on stuff. (2) The furniture looked a bit dorm-room-ish. They felt sturdy though. But I wonder how they would hold up with age and use. (3) The bathroom counter looked a bit cheap. It was a letdown since I liked the textured tile on the floor as well as the tile work in the bathroom stall.

Positives: (1) It was quiet. My room was perched right on top of I-75 but I had to go right up to the window to even hear the traffic noise. (2) Great room rates. I hope it's not just an introductory sale.

I think I found a new favorite for Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the awesome comments! We are very pleased with the way it turned out as well. I will for sure forward your comments about the room to the design team and I have also forwarded the fantastic comments about the lobby design to them as well! We are pleased that you will make us your new favorite hotel in Atlanta! Plus, you will be impressed with the great improvements that we have made this week in the lobby and game room area! I hope to see you on your next stay!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was at this hotel for a meeting and to get a tour of the new hotel. It is awesome. The rooms are beautiful, functional and slick. A very clean and comfortable feel. There are one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All with very spacious common area. Great meeting space and lobby restaurant.

We met some of the staff and they were all super friendly and helpful. They were falling over themselves trying to make us happy. I left there just feeling positive about the place.

I do not know much about the Hyatt house as a brand, but if they are all like this, I will seek them out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments!! I appreciate the time you took to write this review and we look forward to being your hotel of choice while in Atlanta!! These are the types of comments we strive for each day!

Mark Luther

Been to HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!