“The best crab cake ever but had difficultly finding the restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jekyll Island Seafood Restaurant

Jekyll Island Seafood Restaurant
F Concourse, Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, GA
Improve this listing
Ranked #975 of 3,466 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Seafood
Stone Mountain, Georgia
“The best crab cake ever but had difficultly finding the restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

On clearing Security for a trans-Atlantic flight from F concorse I looked for a place to eat. The airport signage for 'Restaurants' directed me to the mezzanine, where except for a wine bar and Starbucks, there were only fast food outlets typical of the food court of a rundown shopping mall. Not seeing any alternative I bought a meal from one of these outlets and it was almost inedible so I left it. Descending to the main floor I walked despondently on to my gate. But, lo and behold! there was the Jekyll Island Seafood Restaurant which had not been visible when the signage mis-directed me to the mezzanine area. Apparently the Jekyll Island Seafood Restaurant is currently the only sit down restaurant on the concorse so the airport 'Restaurant' signage is doubly misleading. I still had room for a starter so opted for the crab cake. It was superb, made almost entirely of crab with delicate flavoring and nicely moist. I helped it down with a nice glass of white wine. After my experience on the mezzanine above, it was indeed a delight to end up at the Jekyll Island seafood Restaurant. I walked on to the gate with a spring in my step.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clane, Ireland
“Last taste of the South”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having been to Jekyll Island and stayed in the Jekyll Island Club Hotel on our trip and looking to have some decent food before boarding American Airlines for home, we could not resist eating here. It was the last hurrah- and a very very good one at that. I had the Jekyll Island Platter- shrimp, crawfish,scallops, founder and more. Excellent. My wife wanted a last taste of the south, which she loved so much, and had shrimp and grits. Again a very good meal and a great way to finish up, even if I did find I was in the wrong terminal and we ended up rushing for the gate, arriving as the flight was half boarded!Like most airport food it is not particularly cheap but well worth paying a bit extra for a nice experience- and great memories

• Visited October 2012