“HGI Midtown-Hi Town******” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“HGI Midtown-Hi Town******”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the Nicest layout I have ever seen with a HGI.Just opened recently in Midtown near Georgia Tech.
The building is new I was told.my room of course is very nice. I really like the carpet with plank porcelain tiles they have in the room.most HGI's have a layout which is usually the same except for the lobby /restaurant is switched either to the left side or right side of the building.But this one is more like an upgraded hotel then standard HG.Pixs included as well in this review.

king Bed: New and nice lots of pillows soft as well
Bathroom: very Good nice shower head as well
TV: Flat Screen
Shampoo and soaps: standard HG very good

The only issue I could think of is the Front desk girl Last night.she was irritated with someone on the phone last
her greeting was just not there. and as a Diamond member I had to ask for my upgrade,she did not recognize diamond stasis which I really don't care about except for the fact Hilton's survey ask if you were greeted as a member so that is important to them.i also had to come back down and request the two bottles of water which is normally given when you check in.Cleary Olivia's mind was somewhere else

Why stay here: the experience is unique,clean and besides last nights front desk lack of good service everyone else from Alyssa server (morning) was excellent and full of energy

Why Not: n/a. One Side note****** do not eat across the street at Chinese Budda(terrible review last night)

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We came for spring break and overall it was pretty nice. everyone was very courteous. the hotel was very clean and modern. Breakfast was free for our kids and we paid about $12 each plus tip. There is a continental breakfast but they also offer made to order items as well...very delicious. The second day of our stay was really busy and I believe they has forgotten my order but my family received their food in a timely manner. The valet service is the only option but they were very efficient and friendly. We did call for an extra towel and the front desk may have forgotten, no one came, but the cleaning lady was in the hall outside of our room and took care of everything. I do wish it was closer to the other attractions, but we stayed because of the reviews. Overall a nice stay. The hotel is new and a few kinks are to be expected.

• Stayed March 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After a reservation mess up, I ended up arriving here late one night and leaving for work early the next morning. Lovely enough hotel and surprisingly quiet given that my room was overlooking the Interstate. Random things to be aware of:

+ Entrance is VERY hard to see. Just a small sign into a garage entrance. Hotel is easy to spot with red lighting on top of building.

+ Parking was $22 valet only

+ Wifi was free, breakfast was not.

It was a nice quiet stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is spotless and visually stunning. Page helped my parents while they waited for me and guided my daughter and I in from the Marta. Prynces, the night auditor was beyond friendly and super helpful. Everyone I met had a smile on their face and made our stay delightful. Thanks to a great staff and a super property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was really pleased with my stay. I loved the convenience of being able to pull off street for the valet. The lobby is very modern and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel has a contemporary look and felt very upscale, which wasn't what I was expecting to be quite honest! Valet was quick in the morning - I think I waited for about 3 minutes.

My room was extremely clean. It almost felt like no one had stayed in there yet! I liked the stall shower. The rooms are on the small side, but that's typical for a hotel room downtown.

The only thing I have to say is that ou can definitely hear the traffic outside. Some might find that to be pleasant white noise, but it might keep others awake. Keep that in mind when booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

A new (2103) Hilton Garden Inn with public spaces a little above usual HGI standard.

The rooms are latest version of Hilton - dark wood, microwave/minibar center and bath with stall shower. I suspect that they won't wear well, drawers were already pulling apart and nicks were showing.

Staff is very pleasant and efficient.

Three caveats:
1. As mentioned, it can be noisy. Many rooms face I-75 and I-85 and mitigating noise from 15 lanes of traffic must be tough.
2. While it's in mid-town, it's not close (by ATL standards) to the "pedestrian" portion of midtown - say Tech Center or Peachtree ST. Not a long walk, but not pleasant - very deserted after dark.
3. Parking is difficult to find, difficult to enter and valet only. Not an issue, but one can not call in advance for your car (apparently no room), when there was no one else waiting for a car averaged almost 10 minutes...when there were events about 20. Build it into your schedule.

All in all, decent property and often a good value in this part of Atlanta.

Room Tip: May want to ask to face East - that's away from Interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here on a recent work trip. I didn't like the valet-only parking option. It took a long time in the morning to get the car, since there were a lot of people coming at the same time, and nobody was in a rush. C'mon folks, it's time for us to get to work, can't you do more than walk slowly to retrieve our cars for which we're paying $20/day for you to park in the big empty garage upstairs? Anyhow, the lobby is beautiful at the hotel. My only gripe is that the restaurant has very few good tables because of the awkward design of the restaurant in the lobby. The bar is very pleasant and quite cool for a Hilton Garden Inn, and the bartender was very friendly. Front desk staff at the hotel were very friendly too. Room was modern, big, and clean. The gym was pretty good, though the TVs on the treadmills didn't get many good channels. Hopefully next time I'll stay here but just ride MARTA instead of suffering the cost of the parking. Overall, though, very sharp design, clean spaces, and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!