“Unexpected WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Lafayette, Indiana
“Unexpected WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Myself and several co-workers had to make a quick trip to Atlanta for a meeting. This Garden Hilton is right on the edge of the Georgia Tech campus. It is really close to the Marta, a large grocery (publix) and several great places to eat within walking distance. Convenient valet parking. The lobby was beautiful. Professional business center and super nice fitness room. We all were very pleased with our rooms - it was like a treat. The bathrooms were spa-like with a large walk in shower and modern laminate flooring. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms and entire property were very clean and tidy. This is the best place that I have stayed on business in the past year. A+

If I ever had the chance to stay for vacation in the Atlanta area, I would definitely stay here!

The room rate was also reasonable.

The only downside was that we had a hard time finding it, our Garmin was off a bit and there was not much external signage. Once there, it was very easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed in Midtown because of the proximity to MARTA and other sites. The hotel itself is very nice and still smells now. It's very modern, the bed was very comfortable, and the room layout was great. The fitness center was also top notch for that brand. My issue is with the parking and housekeeping service.

When I think of HGI's I generally consider them to be a notch below Hilton and therefor a little more "self-service". Not here. You have no choice but to park your car with valet for $22/night. There is no self park option. The area where you pull in is not very orderly either if it's busy.

My second issue was with the housekeeping service. Part of the reason I came to this location was to enjoy the nightlife in proximity to the hotel. And enjoy it I did. I didn't return to the hotel until the wee hours of the morning and expected to sleep in. When I got to the room there was no do not disturb sign. I locked and dead-bolted the door. Around 10:30 they knocked. I asked them to come back in the afternoon. I left my room around 14:00. By the time I got back that evening around 20:00 the room hadn't even been touched.

When I checked in I had requested a late checkout for my final day, which they honored, as a Diamond member. My checkout was at 14:00. Again, enjoying the nightlife meant that I intended to sleep late. I actually didn't expect house keeping to come knocking at 09:00 when they knew I had a late checkout. I told her I had late check out at 14:00. Around 11:00 she knocks again. Every other hotel I've done a late check out usually has proper communication with their staff to not bother those rooms until the individual has checked out.

If you're doing a BYOB, also plan on bringing your own corkscrew as they don't have any at the front desk. If the bar is closed then you're stuck. And be careful not to interrupt any personal phone calls at the front desk as well. You'll get a dirty look for that. Also got a funny look when I asked if they had any nice items to send up the room (cheese and crackers, chocolate covered strawberries, etc) and was handed a room service menu.

This would be an awesome hotel if they can get the communication issues worked out and at least offer self parking. Otherwise the place is great! I'd probably liked the place a lot more if I was there on business, not visiting friends and hitting the town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay in our brand new hotel and leaving your candid comments. As a new property, we appreciate all guest feedback in order to provide excellent customer service. Your remarks have been given to management for continued improvement and we apologize about any communication mishap with housekeeping. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so we may provide you with an exceptional stay.

Danielle Valenchis
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here the weekend of 1/19 to 1/21 we came for the 49ers Falcon's game...which was awesome especially since the Niners won :-).....The hotel was beautiful very modern & up to date, rooms was very nice everything was basically new. The pool area was nice heated pool & whirlpool ...really loved the shower& TV in the room. The lobby was beautiful employee's where very professional... Really like the fact that wifi was free....I want to say thx to the gentleman that allowed me to have banana & english muffin without purchasing entire breakfast since I didn't want any meat or eggs... I would recommend this hotel...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful!! Its modern decor, wonderful staff and fantastic location earn my 5 star review.

Paige at the front desk was extraordinarily wonderful!! She was the first person to greet me when I arrived and quickly expedited the check in process. She called up to the room a few moments later to check to make sure that I was pleased with the room and to let me know that she was happy to help in any way during my stay. On the morning of January 14, it was pouring rain. I was on my way to an interview and didn't have an umbrella. I stopped by the front desk to see if there was one in the lost and found that I could borrow. Lucky for me, Paige was on duty and offered to let me borrow her personal umbrella. I was so impressed with her generosity and willingness to go above and beyond for me. I spoke to the Assistant Manager to let him know of Paige's kindness. Thank you for a wonderful Hilton experience.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 11th floor and had a wonderful view of the GT campus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel January 9-11, 2013, while in town for business. This is a great location, across the street from Georgia Tech.

The lobby was very nice, and the hotel staff was very friendly. The free WiFi worked great in the lobby and rooms. I had a room on the 12th floor (top floor). The room was very nice, with a comfortable king bed. There was a small refrigerator in the room, along with a microwave. I had the breakfast bufett one morning, which cost $12. The food was good, and they had a cook who would make any type of egg dish you requested.

The only downside is there is only valet parking, and it is $22 a night. The valet staff was very efficient and I never had to wait long for my vehicle to be brought from the garage.

Overall, this is a very good Hilton brand hotel. It is in a good location, with a friendly staff.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel a lot to business hotels where I expect a quick and healthy breakfast, clean room with great bed, good fitness room and solid WIFI. This hotel exceeded my expectations in all areas. The hotel was just redone and is beautiful. The bed was perfect. The hotel looks over GA Tech and cannot be closer. The new fitness room was amazing and well stocked. The hotel had the best rate for the area and it could charge much more. The old ratings do not reflect the upgrades. The staff was friendly and courteous. Whoever is managing them is training them well. You will not regret staying here if visiting GA Tech or downtown and the value cannot be beat. Ignore the other old reviews that do not reflect this recently upgraded hotel.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown? Share your experiences!