“Great time! Great Venue!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 194 attractions in Atlanta
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Blue Mark Studios, an innovative artist cooperative, special events venue and art gallery located in West Midtown, Atlanta. The Murder Mystery Company performs its 2 1/2 hour and interactive shows where someone will die in a comedic way and its up to your party to investigate clues, interrogate suspects and ultimately solve the crime! It's like being in a live-action version of the game CLUE! Murder, Mystery and a lot of laughs are waiting for you.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great time! Great Venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've read some of these reviews and I'm shocked by some of the bad ones - this was a great time!! There was another review on here by others who go to many murder mystery dinners and I think they got it spot on - if you're a bump on a log and don't like to engage - this is not for you. For those who are fun, you'll have a great night out. The venue where we saw the Murder Mystery Dinner was at Blue Mark Studios - what a gem!! This building is an old church that was refurbished into an Art Gallery and event space - works amazing for a large group like this dinner theater. It's located in the West Midtown Arts district and is very lovely and quaint. FREE Parking too, can't beat that in this city! We had such a wonderful time from the beginning to the end. But like I and the others say, if you don't know how to loosen up and have fun, engage others and get involved - then it's not for you. For all others...GO! A+++

Visited April 2013

“Memorable night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went last night to the blue mark studios location, and we had a blast! I think peoplethat haven't given the best reviews don't quite understand the concept of a murder mystery dinner show. First of all, you're mainly paying for 2 1/2 hours of entertainment...the food is not gourmet by any means, but definitely not gross. If you're not one to interact with people you don't know or don't like pretending, this is not the place for you. The whole point of the evening is everyone gets to be a part of a murder scene...you get to interrogate, act, etc...so, the dinner is very interactive! If you love solving mysteries and can have a little fun pretending, you'll have a great time! Do I think 60/ ticket is steep, yes, but it is a fun two and a half hours and they have to pay the actors, the venue, food, and servers...maybe they could bring it down to 40/person and there wouldn't be as high an expectation. Anyways, my husband and I had a remarkable and unforgettable evening!

Visited April 2013
“Fun but way overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This review is for the Murder Mystery Company's events at Blue Mark Studios.

My sister got us Living Social tickets to the murder mystery dinner theater Death at the Doo-Wop. We enjoyed ourselves, but I'm glad she didn't buy the full-price tickets. Whatever she paid and what we spent on drinks and tip was worth the laughs, but it would not have been worth more. I would have no problem if they priced the show appropriately, meaning as an amateurish interactive theater with cafeteria-level food.

As for the show itself, the two actors were lively and fun. I must say the 50's-style mystery story was cute and well thought-out. The storytelling parts were entertaining. The interactive aspect was cool in concept, but in execution it was disorganized. We didn't have much time to spend investigating the mystery. At first we just milled around, confused.

If I could suggest anything to the Murder Mystery Company, I'd say either charge less or improve the food and experience. $60 per ticket is just too steep, as are $20 for a photo and $10 per person for a server tip... on a meal that should have cost $6. I can't even imagine forking over $90 for that night out.

Visited January 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
“Death at the Doo-Wop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've been to a professional Murder Mystery dinner before, and my wife's been to Agatha's, and that's in addition to a couple of murder parties we've had with friends, so I hope our opinion holds some weight, but we really enjoyed this production. The actors were talented and high spirited. Then, from each table, a diner was chosen to act out a part, and a few of those folks were amazing (In fact, one woman - chosen to play a little girl - was so good that I thought that she was one of the actors at first). Now, concerning the dinner: you don't go for the dinner. Does that mean that the food is bad? Not at all. If you want a choice meal, go to a restaurant. Just remember: these sort of things are only as good as you allow them to be. If you allow yourself to be engaged and chat with your fellow diners and the actors, you'll have a great time, but if you want to be a bump on a log, then this isn't for you.

PS - About the Location - We went in early January and had no heating trouble. The facility, Blue Mark Studios - is a restored church and works well for large groups. Now, parking is on the street, but it was a side street, so traffic wasn't an issue. Finally, the area is industrial / commercial, not high-end, but far (very, very far) from the worst you'll find in Atlanta.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad neighborhood. Bad acting. Bad food. No heat.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went here with a group. Upon entry the Caesar salad was on the tables already, our waitress had long blonde hair and as she spoke to us she leaned over all the salads. Of course, upon further inspection we found a long strand of blonde hair on the table beside one of the salad plates - eeeewww. It was freezing inside and it only got worse as the night wore on. My title tells the tale. The food was gross and I spent 90% of my night being entertained by my iPhone, the other 10% I spent trying to pick through my disgusting plate of food. Agatha's has nothing to fear as far as competition is concerned. Oh! I forgot to mention the unisex restroom. Weird. I didn't even pay for the experience (company Xmas dinner) but felt they should have paid me for 3 hours I would never get back. Don't waste your time at this place.

Visited December 2012