“Good Times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 68 activities in Atlanta
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Atlanta Beer Tours is your ticket to the best craft beer in the ATL. One price gets you everything: transportation, tastings of 12-16 beers, munchies, brewery tours, bottled water, all that good stuff. Atlanta is one of the fastest growing craft beer regions in the country. Come spend an afternoon with your tour guides and award winning homebrewers Dan Fontaine and Aaron Rolka to see what ATL craft beer is all about! Tour dates, tickets, and full details on our website.Join us on one of our many tour routes, including the brand new Little Five Points walking tour. Visit breweries like Sweetwater, Red Hare, Red Brick, Burnt Hickory, and Monday Night. Hit brewpubs like Five Seasons and The Wrecking Bar. And even great beer bars such as The Porter, rated one of the Top 10 in the world by RateBeer two years running! Atlanta Beer Tours also does private custom events for groups of 5 to 100! Great for corporate events, birthdays, bachelor parties, etc.
Woodstock, Georgia
“Good Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a BLAST! Our group took a January 2013 tour to 2 different brewery locations (Burnt Hickory & Red Hare). I enjoyed the tour best @ Burnt Hickory Brewery; plus, they had scrumptious Barley Stew and other foods. However, I enjoyed the environment best @ the Red Hare Brewery due to the musician outside and Bocce Ball; plus, you got your drinks faster. Throughout the entire tour, our guide Aaron was awesome. He was very informative and was like another member of our group. Thanks Aaron for a great day!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Visited January 2013

Woodstock, GA
“Fun Trip with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked a tour with Aaron for a group of 8 on January 19th. Aaron told me the tour would be shorten as he had prior commitment that night. The tour he arranged was perfect for our group. We visited Burnt Hickory in Kennesaw and Red Hare in Marietta. Both places were great but I really enjoyed Burnt Hickory. The place is basically a loading dock (plans to expand) with an area to sample beer. The beer was great and there was such a fun vibe. I really didn't want to leave !

Before our tour, Aaron was great to answer all my crazy questions. While driving us around, he provided details about the places we were visiting along with other breweries. Everyone in the group had a blast and we're ready for another trip soon. I would recommend this tour to anyone. The best part is you can customize a trip that fits your interest/location. It's a great way to experience new beers with your friends!

Visited January 2013
“Lots of Fun and Very Educational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

These two guys really know what they're doing. I took part of their "Southern Swing" tour which took us down to the southern region of greater Atlanta to hit up a couple different places. The ride was a little long but well worth it! The guys keep us well entertained on the ride with interesting facts about beer and the places we're visiting. I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for a casual, fun afternoon with friends. Probably wouldn't be a good date thing, but perfect for big groups of friends.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our tour was on 6/16 and went to three stops: Eagle & Lion, Jailhouse, and 5 Seasons. It was such a cool mix of stops and the tour guides (Aaron & Dan) did a real good job giving the history of each brewery. Eagle & Lion is one of three cast breweries in the US and the beer had such a unique taste. Make sure you try the stout at Eagle & Lion, it was awesome. Jailhouse was really cool too with a patio area that let you hang out and drink some of their awesome beers. Our last stop was 5 Seasons Brewery and like the other two stops the beer master gave us a tour of the operations. 5 Seasons has some really cool 'experiment' projects going on in the brewery so it was really neat to see behind the scenes. Finally we went up stairs and were treated to a flight of beers and some appetizers.

Over the course of the afternoon you will probably drink around 5-7 beers but that is up to you. You definitely don't feel and pressure to pound down the beers. All in all, I would say this was a great tour that took me to some breweries I would have never gone to and taught me a lot about how beer is made.

Visited June 2012