“Better than Other University Hotels” 4 of 5 stars

Health Club Upgrade
Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville, Florida
“Better than Other University Hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the fourth time I have stayed at a hotel connected with a university -- and this property was far superior to those at other campuses. The rooms were spacious and clean and updated in decor. I really liked the bath products also -- the hole-in-the-middle soap is something I'm going to be searching for to purchase more of! The on-site restaurant and lounge were convenient. And if your stay actually is connected with business at Georgia Tech, the free trolley stops right across the street -- which was very convenient! The only negative -- and it is a minor one -- is that I actually had to wait until the posted check-in time to get into my room. I think we have all been spoiled by being able to typically arrive a couple hours before posted check-in at any hotel and be able to get into your room. But on this particular date, rooms were not ready before the posted check-in time. Not really a problem with the property -- just an expectation created by usually being able to get in early. If my work requires me again to spend time on the Georgia Tech Campus, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thanks so much for your response! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location, our recently renovated guest rooms and amenities. We always try to accommodate early check-in requests however, occasionally it is not possible. We look forward to your return visit the next time you have business at Georgia Tech or in Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Competent yet colorless convention hotel. Very convenient if you're doing stuff at Georgia Tech or around tech square. This is a commodity hotel, so chose it (or don't) entirely on location and price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you found our location to be convenient and that we met your expectations. We strive to provide a quality experience with our customer service, excellent food quality and newly renovated modern rooms. We look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.
georgia techh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just wanted to let you guys know that your employees are awesome. One in particular deserves recognition . Lakiesha . Front desk attendent, she was polite ,courteous, informative and carries a smile that can light up the night sky.Please keep up the good work. I will recommended this place to all my friends and family. also the kitchen staff was amazing from the servers to the bartenders to the cooks. The food was breathtaking from the appearance to the taste. The housekeepers are very detailed oriented and will go the extra mile. Greay
t job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for the great feedback and recommendation to your friends and family! We think our employees are pretty awesome too! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our entire team. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I attended a business conference located across the street from this hotel! It was AWESOME!!!!
Upon Check-in, we were warmly greeted by Charmayne (sp?) at the front desk. We were all checked in after abt 90seconds! I travel FREQUENTLY but I must say that this is some of the most OUTSTANDING service I've ever experienced! The gentleman at the bar (AfricanAmerican) makes some of the BEST DRINKS EVER!!!
The rooms were SUPER CLEAN!! Bed & linens were perfect--white, bright & CLEAN! Room was (king size) very spacious & our view was beautiful. Housekeeping staff was awesome too--very professional & kind.
Btw, the food was DELICIOUS!!! Had the grilled chicken w/Swiss cheese! The breakfast buffet is INSANE!!! We both ate way too much and our server Inga, was amazing! (We tipped her $50 just bc she was so kind & considerate!) Her manager came over twice just to check-in as well.
Oh yeah, had to use the Business Center--staff attendant (Caucasian female) was SUPER helpful!
The Mgmt team for this hotel us clearly doing an outstanding job & understands the importance of wowing guests--mkg them feel like family!

When we travel back to Atlanta, this is where we stay! This hotel was worth every penny & more! Thank you to the entire staff for such an enjoyable visit! We'll be back!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with other travelers. We are glad to hear that we are the perfect choice for you and look forward to your return in the near future!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hi,

My name is Tammy McConnell, I am employees with Fulton County School System. Our department Professional Learning had our Summer Summit II Conference at Georgia Tech Hotel & Convention Center on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 thru Friday, July 26, 2013. I give five stars to the awesome customer service, the cleanness of the bathroom, the fantastic food and snacks that was replenished throughout the out the day for our teachers and staff. Thank you for the warm hospitality. In addition, I would like to give 10 stars to Karen and Almaz (they are kind, sweet, and nice). They are a great team,

Have a great day!

With great appreciation,

Tammy McConnell

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ms. McConnell, we are thrilled to hear that you had such a great experience here at the Georgia Tech Hotel! I have shared your feedback with the entire team, especially recognizing Karen and Almaz for their excellent service.
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at this facility and even though I had attended several meetings there before, this was my first time as a hotel guest. I was very impressed with room amenities as well as the restaurant and break food.
Will highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your recommendation to other travelers and hope you will be able to stay with us again soon!
EAST COAST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Georgia Tech hotel for a workshop that our office was co-sponsoring. The rooms were extremely clean; I received service every day without asking. The hotel staff went beyond what they needed to provide 5 star service even when our request seem a little "extra". The morning, afternoon and break session meals were great! The front desk staff top notch! Yolanda Cottoy, Conf. Planning Manager, Warren Jackson, Banquet Manager and the gentleman that assist him, his name escapes me, Sara Slaback, Business Center Coord and Candice the AV tech person, were outstanding and finally the restaurant front point persons were also exceptional. Would stay even for leisure and can't wait to use there facilities again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your feedback! We have shared your great comments and given recognition to the exemplary employees that you mentioned in your review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Atlanta!

Been to Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!