“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We planned an event with the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center and they were extremely accommodating. The staff was incredible and always went out of their way to help. The rooms looked great and the many guests staying there were very pleased. The location is perfect, with Tech Square, Georgia Tech, and Midtown right at the front door. The food was incredible. Overall an excellent experience and would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent event! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to share your feedback with us. We will share your comments with the entire team and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great campus and conference hotel, centrally located, but with conference and campus, noise will spill into the late night especially in the weekend. Near many restaurants. Staff was friendly (checked in around 1am)

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the conference attendees particularly if they are young cheer group attending...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. The staff was always willing to help and ensure all accommodations were met beyond expectations. I was also very impressed on how knowledgeable the staff was with the surrounding area especially on food selection. I would recommend having the breakfast buffet in the morning because it had so much selection for a great price of only $12.95.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are closest to the pool/spa and fitness center
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My room seems to have just been renovated. Very clean and updated. Staff service and friendliness was exceptional. I was attending a workshop in the Conference Center and that was super convenient - just a walk down a long hallway. The break areas were very well stocked and staffed. Its just a super facility to hold a conference or workshop in.

My hairdryer broke while I was using it and they were very apologetic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. Glad to hear you liked our rooms! We just completed a $1.5 million room renovation. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Atlanta.
ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

1. We arrived at 3:10 on Friday....Room was not available as check in is apparently at 4. No problem but the trainee was very terse--"You're room is not ready for check in." There was no instruction as to what to do with the car, where we could sit and wait, or what I could do with the two very tired little travelers with me. When I spoke with an older woman on the cleaning staff in the restroom and vented my frustrations, she was VERY sweet and showed me the pool room and computers the girls could use. Unfortunately, the camera crew working there refused to let the girls do either--each time they became engaged in an activity, they were told to MOVE by the crew.

2. We arrived to the room and there was a large amount of BLOOD on the sheets. (I have pics!) THere was also some kind of funk on the other bed that resembled ear wax. The floors in the hallway never seemed to be vacuumed. The head of housekeeping was very apologetic and cleaned the room again and replaced the sheets and brought the girls some snacks.

3. Day two we had to check into another room (shared one night and had our own the second). The older man checking us in was wonderful--very gracious and helpful. There seems to be some huge differences in the younger staff and the older staff. The older staff is gracious and welcoming. The younger staff is surly--no smiles, no graciousness, no hospitality, no service.

4. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The service by the staff in the buffet was non-existent. On morning two, we actually sat for 20 minutes and no one came to give coffee or even say hi. When we got up to FIND them, they seemed annoyed. The staff in here seemed uninterested in their jobs, never smiled or acted polite or gracious. Some bordered on rude.

5. The room was HOT and didn't ever seem to cool off. There are no 'fridges in the room-you must request one, which I find very strange.

My overall review is that the younger staff seems to need training in the service industry. Don't scowl at the guests when they ask you for orange juice of water. WHen you leave one bottle of shampoo for two females and they ask you for extras, SIGHING with obvious frustration is NOT acceptable. But then again, the older staff seems to have their act together and did their best to make up for these things. The head of housekeeping and the older gentleman who helped us on day two--you did a great job. Suggestions -- train the young staff more, talk to housekeeping staff and have them do their jobs and treat guests politely if they need things. Get some fridges for the rooms. Paying a,most 200 bucks for a hotel warrants a fridge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We were very disappointed reading your comments and apologize for any discomfort you experienced. The particular weekend that you stayed with us was a very busy weekend and it appears our staff did not live up to our standards. We will review your comments with our managers and take a look at our training.

As to the photography, we held a photo shoot that weekend to showcase our recently completed $1.5 million room renovation. We apologize if the photographers inconvenienced you. Since we only update our photos for our website every few years, this should not be an inconvenience to you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I loved the accommodations at Georgia Tech Hotel. I was assigned to this hotel for a conference. For 115 dollars a night, this place really delivers. At first, I was assigned to a room that actually still was occupied or else wasn't clean. I opened the room and was surprised to see unmade beds and perhaps clothes. I quickly closed the door. I asked a housecleaner walking in the hallway (I think her name was Stephanie,) if she was about to clean the room or if someone was in there. She was extremely rude at first and walked away shouting behind her back, "you need to go to the front desk to find out what is going on" and that is not "my assigned room." I was taken aback as the rest of the employees could not have been more pleasant but once I got to an unoccupied room I was exceptionally pleased. There was coffee, a very very extra comfortable bed and very clean shower and bathroom area. The surrounding area was fantastic. I walked to Richard Blais's restaurant, The Spence, which was just a few feet away from the hotel. There is a Starbucks within walking distance and a Barnes and Noble bookstore just feet away. Looking on Yelp, there are so many restaurant choices. It is only a 15 minute ride to the airport. there is a shutttle that is 18 from the hotel to the airport. A cab ride before tip is 35 to the airport. The gym facilities are quite nice with everything I needed. There is a nice locker room and a pool that was probably about 15 yards long. I truly enjoyed my stay here. I didn't wind up eating in the hotel but saw that they have some sort of nice pizza as well as a restaurant and bar inside.

Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had an excellent visit, 3 blocks to subway, wonderful very reasonable breakfast buffet. The staff and rooms were very accomodating. The pool and hot tub very an added plus when traveling a distance and a great surprise for our young daughter. We were traveling in a group and received wonderful treatment. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!