“Good choice for business trip to Ga Tech” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
NJ
“Good choice for business trip to Ga Tech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for travelers to Ga Tech. I did not have a rental car and was able to jump on the free GaTech Trolley which was just around the corner from the front door of the hotel. I'd advise people NOT to use their rental cars while visiting GaTech, since parking was very tight on campus and cost about $1/hour. Internet was free to hotel visitors and the passwords worked throughout the Ga Tech campus. Otherwise, GaTech charges about $4/day for internet access. My room was very clean and modern. The hotel restaurant was also very good and I would recommend the buffets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. With our location on Georgia Tech's campus we are a perfect fit for guests visiting the university. Should you decide to rent a car for future trips, we offer overnight parking for $18.00 per night.

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Last weekend I stayed at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center for a girls weekend. The location is great, whether you are visiting Georgia Tech or just Atlanta. The parking area outside of the main entrance is small and tight but it is nice to have the parking deck right there. It would be great if there was an entrance from the deck to the hotel, though, without having to go back outside and in the main doors. A friend and I arrived after 4pm (check-in time) and were told that there were no clean rooms and had to wait for over 20 minutes. I've never had that problem at a hotel when arriving after their check-in time begun. The front desk clerk was fine, not overly friendly or helpful, though.

The rooms are nice, the bed was very comfortable and everything seemed clean. There were two lamps in our room that didn't work, though.

Overall, this hotel was good for the price. It certainly isn't a luxury hotel or anything close to that, but it was nice, clean and in a great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here New Year's Eve so we didn't have to drive home. The hotel was very clean, rooms were pretty spacious, and the bathroom was more than adequate. We got a great rate (less than $150), and we felt this was more than worth it. I recommend you ask for a room not on Spring Street if you are a light sleeper. The location is pretty good for any event in Midtown Atlanta. We walked to Peachtree Street, which was less than 1/3 of a mile, and felt safe even after midnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard and not next to the service elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our trip was off to a great start when Aida worked with me on a group reservation. The hotel is very clean and appears to be brand new. The rooms quite were wonderful in terms of being clean, having a comfortable bed, and in-room amenities. It will be helpful to factor in time for travel if you are using public transportation as the hotel is near, but not directly adjacent to MARTA stations (within 10 minutes walking). Nearby, we found it helpful to have a Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles bookstore, and Publix grocery store. Aida also did a fantastic job with follow-up to make sure we enjoyed our experience and follow-up on any concerns. It was much appreciated!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in our newly renovated guest rooms. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of all our location has to offer. I have shared your comments with Aida. We look forward to working with you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay, rooms comfortable, conference areas nice. Bartender was very unprofessional....she drank with my coworkers all night and became very loud and obnoxious. Not a very good representation of Georgia Tech.
M. Lightner

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you so that we can address any inappropriate behavior. Please contact me directly at 404-838-2103.
Franklin, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Pros: Group of four stayed one night in a double queen room. Clean room with a nice flat-screen.

Cons: Paid $20 for in-and-out parking, plus another $35 to get to and from Georgia Dome two miles away. Got a $30 traffic ticket for street parking during 5-10 minute check-in/registration. Parking garage not accessible to hotel by elevator. Paid $3 for wireless internet. Not enough towels. Room+tax was nearly $200.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and fairly modern--but it definitely had a "dorm" vibe to it...Seeming more engineered than designed, but I guess that makes sense since it's situated on a major campus of a school known for it's Engineering programs.

Convenient midtown location and definitely the best spot if you have business with the university.

MAJOR disappointment was housekeeping banging on my door before 9am to see if I had checked out (when I was, in fact, in my room on a client call). When I rhetorically asked "who does that?!" through the door, I was met with an unapologetic "I'm just doing my job!" If disturbing and being confrontational with guests is her job, she should get employee of the year. (note: there was no Do Not Disturb sign in my room)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our great Midtown location. I have shared your comments with our Director of Operations so that we can make improvements to our procedures.

Been to Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!