“Bartender very unprofessional.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Bartender very unprofessional.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay, rooms comfortable, conference areas nice. Bartender was very unprofessional....she drank with my coworkers all night and became very loud and obnoxious. Not a very good representation of Georgia Tech.
M. Lightner

• Stayed November 2012
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you so that we can address any inappropriate behavior. Please contact me directly at 404-838-2103.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Franklin, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Pros: Group of four stayed one night in a double queen room. Clean room with a nice flat-screen.

Cons: Paid $20 for in-and-out parking, plus another $35 to get to and from Georgia Dome two miles away. Got a $30 traffic ticket for street parking during 5-10 minute check-in/registration. Parking garage not accessible to hotel by elevator. Paid $3 for wireless internet. Not enough towels. Room+tax was nearly $200.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel was clean and fairly modern--but it definitely had a "dorm" vibe to it...Seeming more engineered than designed, but I guess that makes sense since it's situated on a major campus of a school known for it's Engineering programs.

Convenient midtown location and definitely the best spot if you have business with the university.

MAJOR disappointment was housekeeping banging on my door before 9am to see if I had checked out (when I was, in fact, in my room on a client call). When I rhetorically asked "who does that?!" through the door, I was met with an unapologetic "I'm just doing my job!" If disturbing and being confrontational with guests is her job, she should get employee of the year. (note: there was no Do Not Disturb sign in my room)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our great Midtown location. I have shared your comments with our Director of Operations so that we can make improvements to our procedures.
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just visited Atlanta while on a family road trip for the Christmas vacation. This was a fantastic hotel. The room was large, clean, and well laid out. Everything worked properly. It was decorated tastefully and the beds were comfortable. This was our first trip to Atlanta and we had no idea how close to the "center of Atlanta" we were and so we were pleasantly surprised how convenient it was to everything. The hotel is one block to the MARTA subway station, and is one block to the Publix supermarket. There is a Waffle House on the block and a frozen yogurt place and a Barnes and Nobles across the street. The bonus is that our floor had a free washer/dryer near the ice machine. We would highly recommend this place. Sharlene at the Front Desk couldn't have been more professional. You won't regret staying here if you travel as a family.

Room Tip: The third floor has the pool, health club, and the washer/dryer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here twice for 5 days each over the past couple of months. I was not wowed by this property. The location was excellent for me... I was taking a course in the Management building at Georgia Tech and this hotel is across the street. The hotel was very clean and the lobby was well decorated (being a huge GT fan). I was disappointed in the hallways / rooms not having a Georgia Tech theme. The restaurant / lunch buffet is very good and the quality of food is great. Cheap daily parking at $10 if you do not move your car. Wireless internet speed was very good. Rooms were large with a good size bathroom.

Overall a nice stay, but nothing really stood out as being great! I have come to expect all of the things that were provided.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My company organizes a meeting in this fantastic hotel. Everything went great thanks to Yolanda, who was very helpful and met all our needs. The rooms and food were also fantastict. I will be working with them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We are glad you enjoy working with Yolanda and that your meeting went well! I will pass along your compliments to her. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

As a frequent visitor at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, I can undoubtedly say this is by far one of the best hotel/conference properties in Atlanta. The service here is bar none, the location is phenomenal and the people are always warm and inviting. On a consistent basis, I work with Aida - who is an awesome partner - at the hotel and is ardently searching for ways to delight our group when onsite. If you ever have the pleasure of working with her, you will not be disappointed with her service. Another member of the team I work quite closely with is Nathaniel, who handles all the logistics for my group on the Global Learning Center side. He is the epitome of professionalism and knows our group inside and out. I never have to worry about anything logistically because he is always on his game. I implore you to request him if you ever host an event on the GLC side – he’s my favorite! Lastly, Sharon who works on the GA Tech side is an ABSOLUTE joy to work with. Whenever I need copies, recommendations for restaurants, transportation suggestions to the airport, etc., she’s always there with a bright smile eagerly waiting to assist. Simply put, the GA Tech Hotel and Conference Center is a phenomenal venue!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard as they are much quieter than those facing the busy roads.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your review! We enjoy partnering with you as well. I will pass along your great comments to our entire team. Looking forward to working with you next year!

Been to Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!