“Great conference center!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great conference center!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our company held two meetings at their location in November and they were both successes. The staff was very helpful and the meeting planner was very accessible and was a pleasure to work with. The location worked for my group and they loved the buffet as well. I will definitely be using GA Tech in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We are so glad that your meetings were successful! We appreciate you sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to working with you in 2013 and beyond!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Enjoyed a two night stay and can't say enough about it. The service is terrific! I even got a couple of tips from the front desk person on how to keep our parking costs to a minimum! The location is very convenient as well. I got a great rate and was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. I will definitely be recommending this place to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I would enjoy staying at this property again if I get the same sort of reservation discount that i did booking at the last minute on the website. The location is great but the standard room rates for this hotel are not worth it. I stayed for only one night and did not use any of the dining facilities. The rooms were average but very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to offer competitive rates taking into account our various amenities and great location in Midtown. Please check back with us for special offers in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Some very nice folks, Nothing but smiles all around , The Restaurant has a Very good Buffet , and plenty of Fast food in the area as well , Everything in this area is easy to access
If you are in the area give it a try, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the surrounding areas
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night in November as part of a road trip where we stopped in Atlanta. I have nothing but positive things to say about this property. First, the hotel is located on the Georgia Tech Campus, in Midtown Atlanta. The surrounding area is walkable and safe, even at night which is not always the case in Atlanta. There were plenty of food options available and plenty of activity in the area. Parking was reasonable at $10 per night in a garage adjacent to the hotel (Good for a urban location). WIFI was free and access to computers was easy when we needed to print documents. The room was a decent size and clean. Bathroom is sufficient as well. The Staff was very helpful and friendly. Also, there was a bar and lounge area on the main floor. I really have no complaints regarding this property. Lastly, the price for the hotel was quite reasonable as we booked through an online site. If the price is right, this is my go to hotel in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We very much appreciate your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Frankly, I was not expecting much, but I was very pleased with this hotel. It's relatively conveniently located, which is helpful. The room was a good size and seemed pretty clean (although, well, you know). Ditto the bathroom. It was all quite comfortable. The tea actually was refilled, which does not often happen. The staff is pleasant. Richard makes a great omelet in the dining room! The pool, which is the reason I chose this hotel is great. It is truly a lap pool for adults. Too often, the photo on the website shows an Olympic size pool that turns out to be the size of a bathtub. There was a lovely lady at the front desk during our stay, and I wish I could remember her name. The one thing this hotel needs is a concierge who knows Atlanta like the back of his/her hand. The things that I didn't like are nothing different than those that I dislike at most hotels that are not 4-star. But, I will definitely return to this one. Gladly.

Room Tip: I rated the Spa as if it were the Pool. Ask for a high floor as it tends to be noisy.
Greenwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We checked into the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center expecting to get some work done before meetings the next day. We were offered two wireless internet passes and sent on our way.

Wireless internet did NOT work in our room. I spent half an hour of my life (and 30 minutes of my cell phone time) on the phone with their internet tech support who told me, finally, that there was clearly something wrong with their service because the IP addresses my laptop and iPad were picking up from the wireless were not correct. They promised to look into it....nothing was done. Another call to tech support after dinner, and again, nothing. They didn;t even have a record of the earlier trouble call.

My room was the very last one on the far end of the hall way--room 801--and I suspect that this is a known problem of signal strength that they just don't bother to deal with.

The front desk finally gave me an ethernet cord (broken) for my laptop and after another trip downstairs for a newer cord, I was finally able get some work done in my room.

I told the agent on duty that I would hope for some adjustment on my bill for the inconvenience, but that bill was just slipped under my door and guess what--no adjustment. Why am I not surprised?

The hotel is clean, the bed was fine, and the business center (2 Windows-platform machines) was adequate. In-and-out parking fee per day was $18--a little steep, but this is downtown Atlanta after all.

I'm on the road a lot and I find it iironic that the conference hotel at a tech school can't get its internet right--something that even EconoLodges seem to have mastered.

We won't be back.

Room Tip: If you want wireless internet to work, request a room closer to the core of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the internet. We have recently conducted maintenance to the system as well as an upgrade. We continue to closely monitor the wireless system, along with Georgia Tech, to ensure it is running smoothly. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us the next time you are visiting Atlanta.

Been to Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!