“Expecting more” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 15 Food & Drink in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The "oldest and original" brewery tour in Atlanta. Running weekly. Visit and sample the beer culture in Atlanta. Who wants to tackle the traffic in Atlanta? Let Brews Cruise be you driver to guide you to the unique beer culture in Atlanta. You will visit breweries and brew pubs, tour their facility and sample there beer. Book your birthday, office or bachelor party for a unique day that you will not soon forget.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Expecting more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Pros:
On time
Professional
Access to Sweet Water before the regular opening hours.
Generous samples (except on the last stop at 5 Seasons)

Cons:
Time limited
No snacks and water in the van
Visited 3 breweries only
Small plastic mug
At the 5 Season brewery, the samples were very small and limited, did not have a chance to try them all, due to the way that they bring them to the table.
Overprice - If you have a designated driver, you can do the same cruise for $30-$35, $10 x stop which included a bigger glass mug and tickets for generous beer samples.

Visited December 2013
ATLBC, Owner at Atlanta Brews Cruise, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I am sorry that you the tour did not meet your expectations, I strive to make sure each tour goer is having a good time. I would like to answer each of the cons that you listed.
1) Time limited. We are a 4 hour tour. We spent 1 hr 15 minutes at each brewery. I never rush patrons to hurry or move on. The only rush I have is to get to SW before they open so we can enjoy the private access. Many time the tour lingers a little longer.
2) There were and are water and snacks in the van. If I did not offer I apologize, but they are available. That is what is in the big cooler in the front.
3) Three breweries are what is advertised that we visit. Anymore could lead to over tasting and possible high intoxication.
4) The plastic mug is unique and is a 14 oz mug. Only 2 oz shy of the glass ones. Plus the breweries only give 8oz at a time in any cup they are filling. Law only allows 8 oz fills at a time. 5) 5 Seasons is a Brew pub, they make there beer on location. I purchase their sample flights for the table. This particular day they brought out different samples in each flight. That was out of my control. Also by this time in the tour the patrons could be over indulging in the tasting, so the samples are smaller to help divert intoxication.
6) I am sorry you fill it was overpriced. But for tours like this to exist there has to be a level of profit or they would not exist. I am comparably priced with any of the top 5 tours in Atlanta, plus you get behind the scene private tours, a souvenir cup, and beer included. That being said, why not just get on a bike and ride around Atlanta instead of doing the bike tours. Well the bike tour would provide you with a nice safe bike, a route that is worthy, and a professional guide that is knowledgeable and informative. My choice, I would take the Atlanta Bike tours instead of just riding my bike to the different locations.
Finally, Brews Cruise is a craft beer enthusiasts tour. The objective is quality tasting not quantity. We are not party buses with the intent on only getting wasted and see how much beer can be drank. Cheers!

Atlanta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
“Fun Saturday afternoon birthday celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a big group celebrating a few birthdays... Sandy took good care of us and was a great guide. The Sweetwater stop was fantastic (of course)... generous pours and a great behind-the-scenes tour. Red Brick was next... frankly I've never been a big fan of their beers, but that's just personal preference. Still a fun stop. We finished up at Five Seasons Brewery... cool, funky place and great beers. Unfortunately their food service was not very good... took forever to bring us our food during an uncrowded part of the day, and I never actually got the beer I ordered when we first arrived. Had to wait even longer for them to take it off my bill. Can't blame Sandy for any of that. I was disappointed to not go to some of the smaller breweries in town like Monday Night or Red Hare; I guess that's luck of the draw. I think this tour would be slightly better with the ability to select your destinations. Overall not too much to complain about though... Sandy's a good guy and he'll take good care of you.

Visited December 2013
ATLBC, Owner at Atlanta Brews Cruise, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Although I am a little disappointed that I did not rate an excellent. I work hard to try to earn that score. I was a little surprised at the service that night at 5 Seasons, we are usually in and out of there in about an hour. That did make us a little later getting back. As we discussed, I do visit MNB and RH when requested to. While working with the organizer of this group she did not mention trying to get to a specific brewery. That means you will have to do another tour to visit them. Thanks again, you guys were a great group and I had a great time meeting you.
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Trip - great beer and fun group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife gave me the trip as a birthday present, so I took my 23 year old son along as he shares the same love for Craft beers as his dad! We took the Saturday Oct 26th trip with Sandy and have a ball. Each of the three stops were great with top notch preferential treatment at each location! The locations were great, but Sandy's knowledge and entertainment along with the personality of all other guests made the trip a lifetime memory! A really great 4 hours! Thanks Sandy.

Visited October 2013
ATLBC, Owner at Atlanta Brews Cruise, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. Each tour is unique and the one your were a part of certainly falls into that category. Cheers and hope to see you again.
Peachtree City, Georgia
“A great Saturday afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was a fantastic tour. My wife and I had a great time tasting different types of craft beer from several breweries we didn't even know existed in the Atlanta area. We plan on returning when family and friends come to Atlanta for a visit.

ATLBC, Owner at Atlanta Brews Cruise, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks for the review! I had a great time meeting you guys and do hope that you bring all your friends on the next tour.
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We took the Saturday tour on 8/24 as part of a weekend getaway. It was great. The trip to Sweetwater was worth the money by itself. You get skip the long lines and get unlimited samples. You will not go thirsty on this trip! Sandy is a great guide. He's very knowledgeable and made a special effort to get to know everyone. Can't wait to do it again!

Visited August 2013
ATLBC, Owner at Atlanta Brews Cruise, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I really do enjoy going on each tour and meeting each patron. It is my goal to make sure everyone has a great time and an educational experience. Cheers!