“Disappointed in service - rooms nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North

You added Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3415 Norman Berry Drive, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #56 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta, Georgia
“Disappointed in service - rooms nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was in town for a convention and wanted a place close to the airport. The parking lot is very small. It will only hold a limited number of cars. I guess they get a lot of shuttle traffic from the airport. But if you drive your own car, keep this in mind as you may need to park early before the spaces are gone.
Check - in was slow. I had booked on line, but yet the person at the desk asked for assistance on handling the check -in. The room was very spacious and clean. Getting on the internet was a breeze. The hallway doors are paper thin and you can hear all noise in the hall. The closet in the room was ridiculously small and by that I mean the width of the closet. You had to hand clothes at an angel in order to get them in the closet.
I went down to the bar that evening. The bartender was engaged with a couple of people and ignored me and another at the bar. I found the staff rude. After 10 minutes I said the heck with and went elsewhere. I discovered the next morning that the television did not work well. Only digital channels would come in and the analog channels were all static.
Although this hotel is nice inside and close to the airport, when I take into account the poor parking and unfriendly staff I think I will stay somewhere else the next time I am in Atlanta. Very disappointed with this Hyatt hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I love Hyatt Place hotels! They are my go to in pretty much every city, because I know I will always have a great, comfortable, clean room with a great experience for a great price. I am a travel agent and I sell aTON of this hotel to preflight clients, especially with their park and fly combo package. It is in a great location, is one of the best airport hotels, and with the option to park your car and take the shuttle to the airport, it is one of the best values out there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I selected this hotel because of proximity to airport. There are many other choices in the area.
Would not stay again.

The rug, mattresses and general decor are dated and worn and that makes it feel less clean. I would not sit on sofa in room. These rooms have a different layout - shower (looked new) & toilet in one room, sink & mirror outside shower/toilet room. Rug had obvious stains in front of sink (gross) - suggestion to Hyatt... tile the floor in front of sink between shower/toilet room and closet.

When I arrived - I was given a ground floor room - it did not have a sliding door but the window was so close to sidewalk - it was just creepy. I asked for a different room not on first floor. Staff was helpful and responsive.

Mattresses need to be replaced.

The room / bathroom (not including rug) was clean... but the worn and dated feeling of room took away from the efforts of housekeeping. I also noticed that when passing housekeeping in the hall- they actually talked to me and asked if there was anything I needed... nice service level.

The rooms are big - but I would take smaller and more updated over big and worn.
Will not stay again.

Room Tip: ground floor room windows are very close to sidewalk - a bit creepy - ask for room above ground floo...
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The room is quite big, with nice settings: living area and sleeping area. New furniture, comfortable bed, clean, closed to the airport but quiet. Friendly service. There is a regular shuttle van to airport. Definitely will stay here next time.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

For those who wants to be closer to the airport and just right on the budget, you should consider this hotel. Few minutes going to the airport and few minute to downtown Atlanta. Nearby gas stations and restaurants. The room was clean and spacious although couple of things that makes me a little bit uncomfortable, location of the TV and desk. I can see the TV while I am on the desk. I have to role my chair if I find the news interesting. Then have to role back again to the desk. Another thing is the center table, center table should be like wood or glass, not with a cushion surface that it's quite uneasy to put things, especially liquid, on top while watching TV. Oww... I forgot about the AC, I'm pretty sure that they always have a maintenance cycle for cleaning the AC filters. That time, so many accumulated dust went out when it blew hard. Dust went to the sheets. But that was just the first night. After that it cleared up. So there is no need to call somebody to clean it up. But maybe they have a shorter cycle to make sure things go smoothly as far as the AC is concern.

Overall, I like the place. I would love to stay there again if I have the chance. Would definitely recommend as well.

Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Considering how often I have flown through Atlanta, I never stayed overnight. We picked the Hyatt due to past stays at other Hyatts, and this Hyatt deserves the same good marks. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, night staff (for a quick drink and appetizer) was friendly, and there was plenty on the free breakfast buffet. Not sure how a person could go wrong choosing this Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. During our stay we'd encountered some nice staff and some that weren't so nice. When we would leave and enter the lobby, the staff wouldn't say anything to us. Also, one night we came back to the hotel pretty late and there weren't any parks. We asked the manager that was there that night if he knew where we could park. The manager told us to park next door in someone else's parking lot. I thought this was very unacceptable of the manager to ask of us and it definitely showed had a bad representation of Hyatt. There should be enough parking for the guest and if there isn't adequate parking available, then they should have a sign stating we will not get towed if parked elsewhere. We didn't just want to park our cars in an unfamiliar lot. The manager acted as if he did not care and shooed us along.
We also put the do not disturb sign on the door so housekeeping would not come into the room. We had valuables I.e. ipads, computers, pricy clothes and shoes so we only wanted housekeeping to come in when we were there. One day we put the do not disturb sign on the door and when we came back, the sign was gone and someone had entered the room. Things were thrown away that should not have been thrown away. The next day housekeeping came by and we inquired about this. Every question we asked the woman, she would ask why before she answered any questions which seemed pretty suspicious. This was very upsetting and next time we visit Atlanta, we will definitely not be staying at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!