“Creative concept, worth the visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Art & Bourbon Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 3,273 Restaurants in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Piedmont Ave.
Transit: Marta north line: Station N7 Buckhead
Description: Southern Art combines a hip, urban eatery with classic Southern charm, offering Southern-inspired cuisine and cocktails in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant features an artisan ham bar and vintage dessert table along with the sophisticated bar and lounge area, Bourbon Bar. The menu at Southern Art is a blend of Smith’s Southern cooking heritage, true love for Southern comfort food and strong commitment to serving traditional classics prepared with his light, modern approach. Embracing farm-to-table and regional cooking, Smith encourages diners to celebrate comfort and health. The menu also is reflective of Smith’s own family traditions with roots deep in the South.In keeping with the hallmark of Smith’s acclaimed restaurants, Southern Art strikes the balance between comfortable and sophisticated. A unique collage of artwork is suspended from the ceiling and floats over guests like a cultural cloud. Each piece reflects the diverse imagery of the city itself.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Creative concept, worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is my second time eating at this Buckhead restaurant. Located in the very nice Intercontinental Hotel, the restaurant is a very unique creation of Oprah's former chef Art Smith. The theme is southern country food and bourbon with a twist.They feature many specialty cured hams, which are all yummy and the choices of bourbon drinks would make Harry Carey blush. The service is very good and the atmosphere "casual sophisticated". Hotel valet parking makes the location an easy drop-in on a busy Buckhead weekday night. This visit I tried the chicken and dumpling soup and the aged NY strip steak w mashed sweet potatoes.We were a party of 8, so the restaurant provided a sampler of deserts, which were just "ok", the caramel salt pretzel pie was the clear favorite of our group. Wine list is good, with the Duckhorn Merlot from Sonoma a good value. All in all, a very nice meal

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alain Z, General Manager at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello there,
Thank you for posting your review. We are glad you enjoyed everything.
New menu is out and hope you will join us again soon.

Regards,

Dayton, Ohio
“Beautifully prepared healthy food - what more can you ask?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Southern Art is an amazing find. The restaurant is located in the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta Hotel. Usually a hotel restaurant is not my first choice. I looked at the menu posted outside and was intrigued. I was not disappointed. The service was terrific, the menu was expansive, and each meal was better than the one before. I was only at the hotel 2 nights but am tempted to go again just to stop in Southern Art for another delicious meal!

• Visited March 2014
Hi there,
We are very happy you got to enjoy everything at Southern Art.
We hope to see you again soon. We just changed our menu with some very nice additions.
Come check it out!

Richmond, Virginia
“Pretty unique and exciting!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I stopped by here after having an excellent dinner elsewhere but we also stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel where this bar is located. Service was top notch and this place was hopping for a Thursday night. I decided to try one their specialty bourbons and they didn't disappoint. The person who fixed my bourbon concoction schooled me about bourbon because I don't normally drink bourbon but usually I drink whiskey and scotch. It was pretty neat how he prepared my drink and trust me, they have a plethora of bourbon choices so I asked him to fix me one that was is very popular. It was good and strong, which is the way I like it. LOL! Please stop by here if you're in the area. Great atmosphere and staff!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Hi,
Thank you for the nice comments! Really glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon. New cocktails, new menu....check it out on your next visit

Tampa, Florida
“Swank hotel lounge bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

During a recent trip to Atlanta, I met friends at the Southern Art & Bourbon Bar for drinks. I selected this place because I love Bourbon and it did not disappoint. The flights of bourbon were a really cool way try multiple options on their extensive bourbon list. The live music made it even better.

Visited May 2014
Alain Z, General Manager at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hi,
We are glad you had a great experience with us and hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Atlanta. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

roswell
“Nice surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I dined at Southern Art while staying at the Intercontinental Buckhead hotel. Hotel restaurants are not usually good, however this one is excellent! The service was attentive, especially Brandy, who showed true Southern hospitality. Chef Art Smith was on site and he took time to greet all the guests. Give them a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alain Z, General Manager at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Susan,
Thank you for your review and I will make sure Brandy reads it as she will be very happy to be mentioned. We hope to see you soon again.