“Hit and miss service, but good food every time” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #337 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mexican
Fargo, North Dakota
“Hit and miss service, but good food every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Seems that service isn't taken very seriously here. The food is consistantly good though. The atmosphere is run and I'm always waiting for the Fonz (Happy Days) to come out and say "Hola muchachooooo". The prices are very reasonable for the area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My visit to Chuy's last evening for dinner was my last. I had visited the restaurant several months ago in mid-afternoon and found their service and quality good at that time. Last evening when I decided to return with a group of friends visiting from out of town, my good feelings for the restaurant quickly changed. Margaritas toof 15 minutes to arrive at the table, chips and salsa ran out quickly and tood another 15 minutes to be refilled, still without seeing much of a glimpse of our waiter (Christopher). Dinner orders were taken, food took another 30 minutes to arrive. Dinner orders were wrong for one of my friends, we all waited before eating for the correct meal to arrive. Once we all had our entree's, we realized that we had no silverware. The waiter told us that they were being "bagged in the back". It took another 5 minutes for us to recieve something to eat our meals with. I will not be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sylva, North Carolina
“U-la-la for Chuy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Happened on this restaurant while staying in the Perimeter/Dunwoody area. It was like sitting in a box of crayons melted in the hot Mexican sun! Colorful and fun. Food was perfect and I'm not a serious fan of Mexican food (wife is tho). Would definitely return. The server staff in our section was not Latino...too bad as a non-Latino didn't complement the atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Ga
“Now the only thing I missed about Texas is in Atlanta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I lived in Houston for 4 years, and there's not much I miss about the place. The one notable exception is the level of the Mexican restaurants. They are, in general, so much better than what we have in Atlanta. However, Chuy's, my favorite Texas-based chain of Mexican eateries is now in Atlanta. The food is amazing. The service is great. The kitschy decor will bring a smile you for face. All of this is done at very reasonable prices and with large portions. Make sure to try the jalapeno ranch sauce and the Hatch Green Chili sauce. My favorite dish is the chicken flautas, but everything I have had there is great. Give it a try!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Liked it so much, went twice in one week!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My coworker spotted this new addition and asked our boss to take us there for lunch. He did and we all loved it. The waitress was very friendly and told us to come back for happy hour....which I happened to do a couple of days later with my sister. All of us loved the atmosphere of the restaurant...very colorful and lots of cool stuff to examine. Kids will love it! I was particularly impressed with the lady hand-making the tortillas. Food was awesome...loved the homemade salsa and the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom sauce! The margaritas were also tasty. Will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2012