“Clean and Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #111 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Clean and Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Only stayed one night but I was nice. Rooms are nice and clean. They had a reception at 7ish that was ok. Food was ok (chicken was like rubber) but love the beer and wine. Shuttle service from the train station close by was nice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Enjoyed three nights here. Many advantages including a quiet yet close location, excellent covered parking, good pool and fitness room, amiable staff. Breakfast was included and was typical lower end waffles and something that approximated eggs, plus the usual breads, pastries, fruits and beverages.

The room was a suite with separate living room/kitchen. Overall fairly small but well furnished, which resulted in close, cramped comfort. There were a few mistakes such as no place in the seating area to rest glasses (the usual coffee table was replaced by two roll around seats which had soft tops. But even a pair for small side tables would have been appreciated.

There were, however, a lot of little things which could be easily addressed and corrected. Such as providing a TV channel list, patching up some pulling wallpaper, cleaning into corners, delivering the welcome letter at the beginning instead of stapled to the final bill(!). The air conditioning doesn't cool each room equally. There was some sort of spill in the common areas which made for very sticking walking; would not have been all that bad if they had cleaned it up soon rather than letting it stay for almost three days.

Overall, recommended, but expect a few bumps in the road.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Despite being near a busy street, the hotel was quiet at night. The room was comfortable--queen bed, couch, kitchen with a full-sized fridge. I can't speak for the value as my room was paid for by my employer, but if I were going on my own, I would seriously consider returning. The shuttle service was especially nice. No matter the hour, they will transport you to and from any place within three miles of the hotel, including the MARTA station, basically giving us full access to the city. Breakfast was adequate. The employees are very helpful and responsive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. Hope to see you again
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice and clean rooms. Quiet atmosphere and peaceful stay. Enjoyed the breakfast, attendants kept it refreshed. Only con is room window faced the garage. Otherwise showers were hot bed was comfy and hotel interior was maintained! Will stay again

Stayed September 2013
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and share your kind comments
Columbus, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I will never again reserve a room at the Staybridge Suite, Buckhead, Atlanta. Here's why-- 1. The Entrance Sign, if there is one, is invisible. 2. The Entrance Door is visible from the Street (Pharr St.) but , you can't drive up to it. 3. We found you must drive into the parking garage in the rear of the building to find the "real"entrance and "desk". 4. After parking on the sloping parking deck we soon learned how difficult and dangerous it can be to try and load your luggage on a wheeled luggage cart as incoming cars drive by. 5. The "desk", if you can call it that, gives the incoming guest the immediate impression of unprofessionalism. No sense of a well oiled business here to serve customers. 6. Our 3rd floor room , however, was unique. Since it faced the street below, the noise throughout the night was overwhelming. 7. The final blow came as I returned home, checked my credit card statements and found I was overcharged. I immediately called and was told the business charges an "incidental charge". "For what", I asked? No good answer. How much is the charge? "It varies", was the reply. But not to worry I was told in a few days they will settle the account and credit me for the "incidental charge". I told them the desk clerk should advise the guest this will occur and the reply was, "Well there is a sign at the desk that says this"! This is , in my view, just a way to soak the guest with an extra charge. How many guests check their credit card statements for this overcharge for Incidentals? My overcharge amounted to $53.24!

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thanks for writing about your stay in Atlanta:
The incidental feature is an authorization NOT a charge. Hotels only charge at check-out therefore we run an authorization for your charge to make sure each credit card is valid before they leave. Extra is added to room and tax in case of incidental charges which may include phone charges, charges from the lobby store, etc. Once the card ia actually charged, the bank issuing your card will drop the difference in the authorization. Sorry this was not explained to you.
Our entrance is located in garage due to local code - we where required to do such. I know this is not normal.
There are entrances from the first, second, and ground floor that are flat and each can access the elevator. There is also 15 minute parking spots at the entrance to help with loading and unloading. Sorry the desk did explain this to you
We will share comments with staff to make sure we communicate these issues clearly to each guest
Shared note on noise with our corporate office to make them aware and to explore possible solutions.
We apologize for the incidents; we never mean to fustrate anyone
Peoria, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was always a huge Candlewood Suites fan until I stayed in the Staybridge in Springfield, IL several times. I fell in love with the hotel and swore I'd always stay in Staybridge when I travelled from now on. So we went on a trip half way across the country and I was excited to try my 2nd Staybridge. When we got there the place was dirty. There were black marks all over the walls and doors...it was like no one cared about the property. the room smelled terrible and was also dirty. the shade under the curtain had been ripped and it only covered 2/3 of the window. Both my husband and I were scared for our safety, We got up in the morning and went to breakfast before skipping out. Not surprisingly, the breakfast was gross and the ladies attending the breakfast were rude and barely working. They were just eating and drinking and being loud. We quickly got our things and left. I just checked my bank account and they charged me $19 more than was on my bill when I left. I think I'll go back to Candlewood!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments from your visit.
We do apologize for the inconviences
As you may have observed we are in the middle of refurbishing the hotel. This will include the hallways; walls, carpeting, lighting, and painting of doors.
The amount you see on your credit card statement is an authorization which is taken at check-in and adds for possible incidentals. The bank that issued your card will drop this and replace with lower amount actually charged once they process
Again, we very sorry for the circumstances and did not wish to frustrate you
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here week before last for one night on a quick trip to Atlanta. This hotel was in a convenient location for us. The room was clean and comfortable, and suited our needs just fine. The staff at the hotel was very polite and friendly. Overall a very pleasant stay for us. For someone on an extended stay, they might find the room to be small and cramped. For an extended stay, I would have preferred a larger suite with a larger kitchen area and a recliner.
The evening social was fine for a cold beer or a glass of wine. But, I would not eat the food again. We were there for hamburger/hotdog night, and the quality of the food was very poor to say the least. We were out late, and did not make it down for the morning breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.
There was a lot of road noise, as previous reviewers have commented, but it was not enough to keep us from sleeping. Again, for someone on an extended stay, they would likely prefer a quieter place
Depending on the purpose (location) of our trip, and length of stay, we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side from the road for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rossmore1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your observations.
As an FYI we have different size rooms in our inventory . Because some maybe sold out, it will not always show all the options but it may help to call the hotel in those cases to double check availability.

Been to Staybridge Suites Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!