“Over priced and under delivered” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Over priced and under delivered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The burger trend took over Atlanta a few years ago and leading the charge was Flip Burger. The concept is good, the food is not. The prices are far too high for what you get. Small burgers and little flavor to back up the punch to your wallet. I like the idea of trying unique and exotic types of burgers. Give the place a try and see for yourself. Maybe you will enjoy it. I make better burgers at home and will continue to do so.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Trendy fun food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was always curious to try one of Richard Blais' restaurants. So, we made the trip to Flip Burger.
The food and service were on-spot for such a busy place. The menu made it hard to decide which burger to try and it is not a huge menu by any means. My husband decided to try the Lamburger which was rich and delicious. I had the Trio, a slider sampler of RBQ, Butcher's Cut and Fried Chicken. All three burgers were tasty without being too overwhelming in flavor or size.
Be a little forewarned however, the sides are extra. We did not see on the menu that the fries and sweet potato tots would be extra and we really did not need the extra food either. It is also a little on the noisy side as it is an open air concept of restaurant so just be prepared to not have intimate conversations while you dine.
We also like to leave the car parked and rely on mass transit while in ATL. Neither location is very convenient but the Buckhead one is the easiest to walk from the MARTA stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Acworth, Georgia
“Tasty Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a group of Foodies, beginning its search for the best burger in Atlanta. At Flip, I was pleased to discover a variety of imaginative creations of the basic burger. Perhaps, I'll find the same thing at other upscale burger places. Since I am health conscious, I chose the Oaxaca burger, composed of beef, avocado, cilantro-lime mayo, queso fresco,and pico de gallo. In addition, I ordered a beet and goat cheese salad with arugula, trail mix, and citrus vinaigrette. My burger was cooked to order and the blend of ingredients on top provided a very tasty meal. My salad was also good, but I thought the dressing lacked much taste, unless I could get something on my fork in addition to arugula. Otherwise, it was tasteless. Perhaps, using less arugula would concentrate the flavors better. All in all, I enjoyed my meal very much.

Unfortunately, some of my table mates complained about the meat not being cooked as ordered and the lack of flavor of the meat. For the most part, though, the group enjoyed their first outing to find the best burger in Atlanta. Flip could be a contender, and I would go back for a second round sometime.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burke, Virginia
“This is a burger??? WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Unfortunately, our trip to Atlanta was underwhelming EXCEPT when we found out about this little gem in Buckshead. My husband actually came here twice during our three day stay in Atlanta (while I was in a conference). If you look at the menu and go through each type of burger and the strange combination of toppings, you might think this place is a little out of your league, but TRUST ME- try ANYTHING. We had the beef burger with pulled brisket, coleslaw, spicy mayo and the shrimp burger with lettuce/tomato and special spicy sauce. The house made french fries are SOO good! We had a nutella and burnt marshmallow milkshake - oh my God - excellent. Also, don't forget to order a specialty drink! I believe they use liquid nitrogen because my drink was smoking when it hit the table! The service was excellent, the decor was very nice and modern (loved the booth seating), and seating is interesting (one long table so you sit next to strangers). Overall, superb. I can't wait to go back to Atlanta (just for a burger).

Visited June 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
“Noise level overshadowed everything else!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My daughter and I arrived about 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon. The place wasn't too crowded. There were plenty of empty seats, yet they sat us right next to another couple. Even with the restaurant being 1/2 full the noise level made it impossible to have a converstation without screaming at each other. I might as well been eating by myself. The noise level simply overshadowed the meal. I will not be back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere