“Kor/Mex” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hankook Taqueria

Hankook Taqueria
1311 Collier Road, Atlanta, GA 30318 (Hills Park)
404.352.8881
“Kor/Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Taco's meet Korean BBQ!!
Yummy!!
The Sesame Fries are excellent...
Chipotle Ketchup makes them extra special

• Visited July 2013

Georgia, US
“Nothing fancy but unique food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently tried this place for the first time despite having lived nearby for over a year. We went at dinner time and it was crowded but we found a table. We tried 3 types of taco - pork, beef, and the special avocado tempura. We liked all 3 but I especially loved the avocado! Yum! The pork was a little spicy for me, but I'm also kind of a wimp. ;-) Also had the sesame fries, which were very good but nothing to write home about. The restaurant itself is definitely a hole in the wall and nothing fancy, but I didn't find it dirty or a turn off. Overall, the food was good and cheap, and it is BYOB which is nice. We'll be back soon!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville,Fl
“Great deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I can only apeak about the "Bibim -bop." I would say it lived up to the praise of Alton Brown as a great deal with great flavor. This definitely a hole in wall joint that does not impress on looks and cleanliness. I can see myself coming back for more of the fusion flavors of mexican and asian. It is the worth a try for those who love spice and flavor.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best tacos PERIOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

There's no carne asada, no pastor, no molé, but there is no tastier taco anywhere. This Korean inspired taqueria is something that I crave no less than once a week. I have a fine taste for food, but there are few flavor combinations in the world than the ones in the special buffalo chicken taco they have. If it is a special you have to order it. It is never something that I would normally order as I am a foodie and it sounds so pedestrian but it's just plain good. Bibmbab is out of this world too. Don't miss this no frills, value laden gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Lunch in ATL, BY FAR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Here is the gist, I have been to over half of these restaurants I see on Trip Advisor and I agree that Canoe should be #1... for dinner. Although Hankook is open for dinner, it is best for lunch. Don't let the location fool you. It is smack dab in the middle of an industrial district and there is not another restaurant in site. This is part of its attraction. This is probably also a reason that the prices are astonishingly low. If you want to impress anybody and act like you know the best kept secret (for most Atlantans), then take them to Hankook. I have heard that the owner was a chef for different Buckhead Life restaurants and wanted to offer Atlantans premium food without having to empty their wallets for a good view. His focus and passion is the food. That is what makes it the best. I recommend the Tong-Dak taco. It is on the special tacos chalkboard when you walk in but is usually sold out at the end of the lunch hour, however, everything there is good. The fries are also primo. Go there, let the Hankook hotties take your order, you will love it.

• Visited February 2013