“Absolutely Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stonehurst Place

Save Saved
You added Stonehurst Place to your Saves list
Stonehurst Place
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   923 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-4108 (Midtown)   |
Announcement
Earn Stash Hotel Rewards
Ranked #1 of 31 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Atlanta, GA
“Absolutely Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

We were completely and utterly satisfied with the luxurious estate and the empeccable service from Ms. Trenell and Ms. Mona. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

Wow! We had such an amazing experience at Stonehurst! I had planned a "grand scheme" to ask Tam to marry me - I searched for a special place and did I find one! Trenell and Barb went WAY out of their way to not only set up the room, but they took a personal interest in "our event" and made my proposal to Tam a truly unforgettable event.
In today's business culture, it’s sometimes forgotten that the customer is KING - not at Stonehurst. They truly understand they are not only a B&B with customers for a night or a weekend - they took an interest in what WE were there for and went out of THEIR way to ensure it came off without a hitch. I literally could not have pulled off my proposal (the way it turned out) without Trenell and Barb's selfless help.
My "elaborate" plan, included setting up the room (you know, candles, gifts, music, etc.) then bringing Tam to Stonehurst by a specific time (TIME being being the KEY word). I (with Trenell's help), had hired a violinist to begin playing Tam's favorite song (In Your Eyes) - just prior to the "The Deed". Her girlfriend had statically brought her to ATL for drinks – and I showed up at the venue (unannounced) to “wisk her away”))). Now the “drink” location was only 10 miles or less away from Stonehurst, BUT… "we" go lost in ATL... I called Trenell and between the two of them (Barb had to guide me in the last few miles), they got us back to Stonehurst in time for Tam's rose petal bath and Frank Sinatra on the in-room IPOD docking station)).
So - I asked her to marry me at Stonehurst and we are going back to spend our honeymoon in April. We only live around 45 minutes North of ATL – could have chosen any number of locations, but we chose to spend our honeymoon where it all began...enough said. I cannot recommend a more romantic, fun, central location to spend a night (or weekend) in ATL, nor a more friendly, inviting, accommodating staff. I would be happy to share more detail with anyone interested. LE

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Mirepoix, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We found this hotel thanks to the internet as we were looking for a hotel in Atlanta.The photos on their own website looked very nice but in real it was even better. This place is really beautiful. It just openend a few months ago and everything is exceptional. From the arrival to the departure. The personal attention from the owner and staff, the renovation that is done, the art, the bathrooms, the fireplaces, the fantastic beds, we have seen and stayed at a lot of hotels and as we have our own small boutique hotel in France we are very critical. Well we could not find a thing that was not perfect in this beautiful property! It is located in the centre of Atlanta, not too far from the Airport, so if you are going there, you have to stay at Stonehurst Place!!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

This was the first time my husand and I had ever stayed in a B&B. I'm a little nervous to stay at another after spending the night at Stonehurst. I'm afraid anywhere else would be just a trip to grandma's house.
The house is decorated beautifully. It's contemporary but it has all the character of a home from the late 1800's. The room we stayed in (Hinman Suite) was incredible. The curtains, the bedding, the fireplace, the furnishings, the bathroom (oh the bathroom!) were all beautiful, stylish and romantic. The suite was very well furnished - ipod docking station, heated floors in the bathroom, robes, towel warmer, huge tub, enormous shower...the list goes on and on. The breakfast prepared by Trenell was so good. It was exactly what I'd hoped for!
I will certainly recommend this place for any friends or family who are coming to town.

• Liked — Beautiful and thoughtful - champagne waiting for us in our room when we arrived!
  • Disliked — Had to go home.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

We were intially attracted by the obvious fabulous architectural restoration of this classic structure and its tasteful and fun decorating scheme. Once we arrived we were further impressed by every little luxurious detail so carefully selected to make a guest feel really pampered. The unexpected surprises were just what a great neighborhood it is located in and how easy it was to walk to places including the MARTA and navigate the city while we left our car safely tucked in the off street parking lot of the fastidiously landscaped yard. Secondly, despite a houseful of lovely guests coming and going over the course of days we stayed, our three children were comfortable and able to not be a bother to other guests and still have a great time due to the way the house is layed out, the options of common areas and the privacy one feels in one's suite. I have already recommended this place to all my friends.

• Liked — The obvious graciousness of the innkeeper to guests ranging in age from 3 - 60!
  • Disliked — The time came when we had to leave.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

My husband and I had a great experience at Stonehurst Place. We actually ended up there when there was a mishap in the booking at another B and B. They took us in at the last minute and we got the privilege of staying in the Hinman Suite. It was an amazing, unforgettable luxury for us! The room was gorgeous with every amenity that you could imagine. The staff was so conscientious in meeting our every need. We could not have asked for a better experience.

• Liked — The rooms and decor; Friendliness of the staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I have lived in Atlanta for 25 years, and travel extensively all across the world. I never thought I could stay in the city I live in and feel like I am in a different place. Stonehurst place is truly a magical getaway that will provide the rest and relaxation you need, as well as unparallel accomodations and generous hospitality. The historic home bodes both charm and comfort while the amazing upgrades exude modern luxury. We stayed in the Hinman suite which offered a quaint space with authentic hardwoods, a plush canopy bed, a fire place, and a bathroom to kill for. The all marble and Corian bathroom featured heated floors, a large claw tub, double sinks, and a never seen before all white Corian shower with 6, yes 6 shower heads. Fresh flowers were located in the shower and bath and wonderful bath products were offered as well. At check in, Trenell, the inn keeper, greeted us with wine and cheese and treated us to a home cooked breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup, sausage, fresh fruit, and fresh juices and coffee. All around the inn you can find private settings with TV's, books, cocktails, etc. The front and back porch are perfect intimate settings for relaxing or sipping on a cocktail. We were fortunate enough to spend the evening with the owner who has designed almost every aspect of the environmentally green, and incredibly chic B&B. We are so thankful that we found the Stonehurst Inn, even though we only live 20 minutes away from midtown Atlanta. This truly is one of the most precious places I have stayed in all of my extensive travels and it couldn't have been a better place to spend my husband's 30th birthday. We will be back and will cherish our memories there.

• Liked — The rooms, service, ambiance and location
  • Disliked — that we had to leave!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stonehurst Place? Share your experiences!