“Hidden Jewel of Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stonehurst Place

You added Stonehurst Place to your Saves list
Stonehurst Place
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   923 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-4108 (Midtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Direct Save 30%
Ranked #1 of 29 Atlanta B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Hidden Jewel of Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've stayed at Stonehurst twice - and will be back every time when I will visit Atlanta. Nice and classy rooms, excellent location, UNBELIEVABLY TASTY BREAKFAST ! OHHHHH! Ms.Caroline is a wizard cook! I highly recommend to stay at Stonehurst either you are just for business or want to have a romantic weekend in Atlanta!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Aldie, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the Farnsworth room for two nights and it was a wonderful experience. When I do business in ATL, I usually stay at one of the Kimpton hotels. I will stay at Stonehurst in the future. My husband was with me, and this well trimmed home is beautiful with many common spaces to relax in. One evening we spent sheltered from a huge thunderstorm on the spacious, private back porch with a chilled bottle of wine, reading on the coffee table books provided in the 'library'. We snacked on fresh chocolate cookies, and yellow cake with chocolate icing and gran marnier filling. Yum! Breakfasts were large and tastefully done.

We were able to walk everywhere and the internet worked the whole time (something even the hotels can't seem to manage).

This was an unusual b & b - in the very best sense. We will be back.

Room Tip: There is a fair amount of artwork and special furnishings in the home. If this matters to you, call...
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place is something else. The furnishing and decor is top drawer and I doubt there's a hotel within most peoples budgets that would be so lavish, yet stylish.
We were greeted by Caroline as soon as we arrived. We were shown around the property and it was apparent that she was very proud of it, and rightly so.
She then provided us with a number of options for dinner. We decided to visit the bistro over the road that she recommended, and this proved to be a good choice.
You can tell what we thought of the place when we had as many photographs of the house as we did of the city!!
We set off on the next leg of our road trip with a beautiful breakfast around the table with other guests.
Thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here one night on a business trip and found it a wonderful and welcoming place to unwind. Guests have the run of the house, you won't be confined to your room which in the case of my small and rather dark room was fortunate.

Even if you are not a breakfast person don't miss this one: it is lovingly prepared and served with care.
The Piedmont Room was the last available room when I booked. Since it's only larger window towards the outside world gives out onto the porch this room is somewhat lacking in light and privacy (unless you draw the heavy curtains, further darkening the room).

Very warm welcome and good dining advice from the assistant innkeeper.
I would stay again if a larger and brighter room were available.

Room Tip: Piedmont room is smallish, window gives onto porch, not much daylight. Bathroom is definitely one pe...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My daughter and I were visiting Atlanta for wedding planning and shopping; Stonehurst Place was recommended by a family member. We couldn't have found a better place to stay: everything about Stonehurst exceeded our expectations. The rooms are very luxurious (we stayed in the Master Suite), the home itself is beautiful, and Caroline and Gary were terrific. Our breakfasts were delicious (we wanted all of the recipes), and it was a pleasure to come inside for snacks in the late afternoon. We only wish that we had had more time to spend relaxing at Stonehurst as it is so inviting. We are looking forward to our next visit, which has already been booked!

Room Tip: We toured the rooms and they all look wonderful!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sugar Grove, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I travel extensively for my job and I have had the opportunity to stay in some of the nicest accommodations in this country. So I have a good comparison when I say that this is the nicest bed & breakfast around! I stayed in the Master Suite and along with the wonderful bed, I really enjoyed my luxurious bath. Along with the great room, was the most gracious Caroline :-) She made two memorable breakfasts and fantastic snacks. So good I begged to take home a few of her recipes. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The Master Suite was very spacious and I would recommend it!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This B & B is not your typical small room, low on amenities place. My husband and I wanted a unique experience that chain hotels could not offer and we received that here. While the house has all of the character of an antebellum home, the amenities are modern and provided comfort and relaxation. We stayed in the Inman suite and only wish we had scheduled one more day in Atlanta to spend all day at the house! Caroline and Gary were wonderful hosts and made us feel like we were spending a weekend with family. Sarah made breakfast on Sunday morning and it was delicious! We have already recommended Stonehurst to our family and friends and would love to stay there again if we ever need a place in Atlanta! Convenient to all of the local attactions but removed enough to make you feel like you were miles away from a major metropolis.

Room Tip: The Inman suite was perfect for a weekend getaway and had a large bathroom and sitting area. Next ti...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stonehurst Place? Share your experiences!