“Wet, Dirty washcloth” 3 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #100 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Wet, Dirty washcloth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here before we went on our honeymoon. When we first got the the hotel, there was a lot of chaos under the covered area by the door. It was poring down rain so we had to go and park and walk i the monsoon with our luggage. There seemed to be a huge convention and charter buses were taking up our space.

When I checked in, the women was not very friendly. She never asked for a credit card for the $12 parking. My reservations were wrong. It had us down for two rooms instead of one. When my husband and I went to dinner, I had to pay $4 just to get out. So altogether I had to pay $16 to park at a hotel!!!

The worse part was when I went to take a shower that night. When I pulled the shower curtain, a wet, very filthy washcloth with pubic hairs fell off of the shower curtain!! That is just disgusting and unexceptable. I called the front desk to tell them about it. The front desk said that they would send someone to get it. They never did. I set it outside of our room because I did not want to look at a black washcloth.

• Stayed July 2013
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Tula1215;

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

After reading your feedback, we are truly disappointed the by the encounters you've had and the discovery of the dirty washcloth.

Rest assured knowing that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department and we will do all that is necessary to regain your confidence.

We sincerely apologize for t he inconvenience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Powder Springs, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Can't beat proximity to airport and the convenience of the frequently-running hotel shuttle buses. Front desk staff friendly and welcoming, room comfortable and bed very comfortable, bathroom very tiny, but overall everything felt clean. Rooms very quiet, as you can hardly hear the noise of the planes which fly very close to hotel and the noise of neighboring rooms is hardly anything compared to other hotels. Fitness center very nice. For the cons, I would have to say lack of affordable dining. There is a very nice restaurant on-site, but way too pricey, would be nice to have other more affordable options. Also, did not appreciate having to pay $12 for parking! However, the overall experience was favorable and I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kandb1981,

We are truly delighted by your feedback.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, we strive to provide optimal guest satisfaction - Reading your feedback was comforting, as it confirms that we are providing such.

I have also shared your feedback regarding the restaurant with our Restaurant Manager.

We are truly honored by your feedback and do look forward to your next visit.

Best regards
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

June 28 to 30, 2013. Check-in was a breeze because a very personable and efficient staff member named Michael Lane checked me in. He answered all the questions that I had and even went the extra mile to look up my former account that I had before I married. He explained that I would need to mail in a copy of my marriage certificate. Michael made me feel like a valued customer.
I stayed in another name brand hotel near the airport, so I was expecting to hear the airplanes. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I never heard a plane. The bathroom and bedroom were very clean. I spoke to another guest at breakfast the next morning and they said that they always stayed at the Sheraton Gateway because they had never heard a plane and that the breakfast was always great. They had been staying there for years.
Also, I enjoyed the very comfortable bed and pillows. The T.V. worked well and the chairs were very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was near the end of one of the wings.
Dear 6Anne6,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Words cannot express how deeply gratified we are by the recognition you have afforded Michael Lane. He is truly one of our key team players and we are grateful to have him on board.

We are also honored by the extraordinary feedback regarding our hotel, we are honored and do look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My flight was canceled so had to book a room here at the last minute. The staff were friendly and the rooms were pretty decent for an aiport hotel. However an airport hotel is just that so I wouldn't expect the works. The restaurant had good selections and very friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Alyssablei;

Thank you for your feedback.

We are truly humbled by you kind words.

The Sheraton Gateway Hotel team greatly appreciates your effort and do look forward to your next visit.

Bets regards,
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I got into town late and needed to stay over. The hotel is close to the airport so it sounded good. I walk in and there had to be 20 people in line to check in. It took 30 minutes to get to the counter. The guy that was working must have been having a bad day, but you know what...mine wasn't all that spiffy either. I found him rude, but i was too tired to deal with it. When I get to the room, i found it very stuffy. I turned the AC down but it didn't seem to help. I also found the bed far too hard to be comfortable. The worst was the next morning while trying to take a shower. The bathroom is so small you have to basically stand in the toilet to shut the door. It was so bad i had to take a photo of it. All in all, it was not a good experience. If I were you, I would move on to the next guys. This property is not helping the Sheraton brand. Good luck!

Room Tip: Go next door to the competitor!
Dear Calvin D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

We are truly disappointed to learn that your previous experience was far from what you anticipated.
Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport we pride ourselves with a wonderful facility and exceptional services – based on your feedback this was not extended. The concerns you have shared will be promptly addressed by our management team.

We sincerely apologize for the far from normal experience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Gainesville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I belong to a professional organization and they use this hotel for their annual chapter meeting. We get a very nice room rate and discounted parking charge as a result.

Check In process was a bit lengthy...two clerks were on duty but one was having issues with her computer and the other was having issues with a guest trying to extend their stay. Took almost 15 minutes and after a 5+ hour drive, I just wanted to take a hot shower & relax.

My room was standard Sheraton...clean, with light blocking curtains and a strong A/C (necessary in Hotlanta in June)! The bed was very comfortable. I bring my own pillows, so can't comment on theirs.

I was on a high floor at the end of the hall, so it was very quiet. I loved the in-room Starbucks. The bathroom is a little tight...very hard to close the door...have to squeeze in between the toilet & sink. But the water pressure was fantastic. It was well stocked with lots of towels & all the extras you expect (although no shower cap).

The channel selection was good, but the reception on the TV was spotty. I noticed most of the kids' channels were snowy, which didn't bother me since my kids were at home, but that would have been a crisis if they were traveling with me.

There were not enough convenient outlets in the room to plug in both a cell charger & laptop (had to pull out the nightstand to plug in the phone next to the radio).

The workout room was small, but had most of what I needed (although one 10pound hand weight was missing). Also the temperature was a bit hot for a workout room. The pool looked very nice with a few folks enjoying it. It is a partially inside pool & partially outside.

But the worst part was in the morning as I was drying my hair, I guess a breaker blew b/c the bathroom outlet and all the lights on one side of the room went out. The only saving grace, the coffee machine still worked. So, I called the front desk and the young man who answered sent up a security guard who only did what I already did...pushed the reset button which did nothing. Apparently "engineering" isn't on duty until 6:30. It was 6:25am. Unfortunately, the only mirror was in the bathroom, so I am at a standstill and my conference started at 8.

By 6:50 with no one from engineering (or anyone else) helping, I called the front desk again. Same young man apologized, explaining that "Engineering" has not yet come in. So, he offered to move me to another room...I understood moving was the only option at that point, but that meant I had to very quickly pack everything. I would have been much more impressed if perhaps when "engineering" wasn't in by 6:40, they could have reached out to me to make that offer a little sooner as I did explain in my first call that time was of the essence b/c my conference started at 8.

The same security guy came back up to move me. I guess there were also no bell staff on duty in the early morning either. He was very nice, but didn't think to bring a cart for my luggage. He also did not have a new room key for me...told me to go to the front desk to get it. I was already behind schedule as it was!!! Sheesh...

Anyway, he takes my suitcase (on wheels) which means I'm traipsing down the 10th floor hallway to the elevator to go to a different floor, with wet hair, no make- up, in shorts & a T-shirt, dragging my purse, laptop, work tote bag, hairdryer and clothes/shoes I am changing into.

Fortunately I had the sense to get changed as soon as I got into my new room and then tackle my hair. B/c no sooner had I turned on the hairdryer, when a Delta pilot opens the door b/c he just got checked into the room they moved me to!! They never moved me in the computer so the computer said the room was empty & available.

When I did go down to speak to the front desk, the lady (no sign of the young man I originally spoke with), was incredibly apologetic both for the issue with the outlets & checking in someone else to my room. She did give me $10 certificate for food & waived the parking lot fee. But wow...what an experience.

Note that my overall rating is average rather than poor, and that is b/c I gave a lot of consideration for the majority of the staff who were really trying and the very attractive price for the rooms they give to our organization. I would have given this 4 stars, had it not been for the blown breaker and the initial less than stellar response to it by the hotel.

What was good...the comfortable bed, good water pressure, good A/C, Starbucks in the room, decent work out room and good channel selection on the TV (sans the snowy reception on a few stations). What was great was just about every staff member I spoke to was very, very nice and cared very much about doing a good job. That goes a long way with me.

What was also great was the food they served us at our chapter meeting. Very, very tasty with lots of variety. We had continental breakfast with fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, juice, and available cold bottled water & soft drinks throughout the day. Also included was a good buffet lunch with tons of variety (grilled veggies were fantastic, as were the 3 kinds of pasta plus chicken breast with sauce & a wonderful salad). Unfortunately, the warmers were not adequate to keep the food warm through the entire buffet line...those at the end of the buffet line were complaining that the food was cold by the time they were able to eat & the last few bites of my grilled veggies were a little on the cold side. I think this is partially b/c the buffet was set up as soon as our speaker started. He actually was scheduled for a 45 minute speech, but quite early after 30 minutes b/c the food had been sitting there for 20 minutes. I'm guessing there was some miscommunication with our event planners & the banquet staff...probably should not have set up the food so soon. We also had an afternoon snack bar.

The space for the conference was good, although one conference room was too cold for me.

I used my $10 credit on a Starbucks Expresso and a ham & cheese sandwich for the ride home. I don't know if I was just hungry, or what, but that ham&cheese sandwich was delicious...soft bread, huge tomato slice..the ladies set me up with condiments, napkins and plasticware, knowing I was traveling 5 hours home by car & it was my dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Jacqui-in-FL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are truly saddened to learn that there were concerns that derogated from a wonderful experience. Rest assured knowing that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments and we will do all the essentials to regain and secure your loyalty to our brand.

We are truly honored to learn that you were provided with attentive service by our staff and that the price you received for your convention was satisfactory.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenient you encounter and do hope you will give us another chance.

Port Aransas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were put up at this hotel due to an airline issue. We were picked up right away at the airport (by the way, loved the layout of ATL and how easy it was to get to terminal via train!)
We were met at the Front Desk quickly and with friendly service.
Room was very comfortable and clean! Loved the Paul Mitchell products in room.
Slept very well on the nice, cozy beds.
We took shuttle back to hotel the next morning, and that took all of 7 minutes.
Very friendly staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear London2121,

Thank for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are truly delighted by you ever so kind words.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we strive to provide optimal services; based on your feedback we secured our objectives.

We are forever grateful as we anticipate your next arrival.

Director of Front Office

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!