I am a platinum member with spg, and I can tell you that this place is disappointing. Free internet is offered for platinum members, but the signal strength is terrible in your room. You need to stand near your door to surf the internet.
Club lounge access on the 12th floor for platinum members sounds great, but here are more problems. The printer has been doesn't work for weeks now. Surfing the internet on the computer in the lounge is a pain! You have to keep clicking to close a pop up for security each page you go to. In addition, it's practically the slowest computer I have used in a long time.
I went to the bar to grab a bite to eat. I sat at a table near the television and placed my order. 45 minutes later, still no drink, and no food. I left and spoke to a manager who actually took care of my food order. She was very helpful, and stated they were short handed.
Breakfast for club lounge starts at 630 am. Well, at 720 am, nothing was setup. I called the front desk and they offered to let me eat in the restaurant near the lobby. Sheraton employees seem to fix an issue if you let them know, which is good, but why are there so many problems? I should not have to complain about things that are your advertised business practices.
The hotel has HD televisions in the rooms, but no HD signal. If you are going to invest in a HDTV, why would you not have an HDTV signal? Might as well use the old tube televisions. It's as if they bought a BMW and put a scooter engine in it.
Here is a list of things, if fixed, would make me want to stay here, and help other customers enjoy their stay.
1. Fix / Replace the printer in the club lounge.
2. Upgrade the computer in the club lounge and remove the security pop up that constantly gets in the way of surfing general sites like google, msn, yahoo etc.
3. Upgrade bandwidth for internet for faster speeds, and add more wireless hubs so customers can use their ipad, iphone, laptop in their rooms without having to stand near the door.
4. Increase channel selection availability. HDTV without HDTV signal is pointless.
** I really think that if these few issues were handled, MANY more people would stay here. Word of mouth spreads faster that a pretty commercial. People love to tell one another about their experiences. Isn't it worth the investment to handle these issues?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our complimentary airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes to and from Ground Transportation at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL), a half-mile from our full-service hotel. Downtown Atlanta and its major attractions are only 10 minutes away-including the new Georgia Aquarium; Turner Field, home of the Braves; and Atlantic Station, a new retail and entertainment district. The Georgia International Convention Center is two miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Atlanta
- Atlanta Sheraton