“Platinum members beware!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Platinum members beware!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a platinum member with spg, and I can tell you that this place is disappointing. Free internet is offered for platinum members, but the signal strength is terrible in your room. You need to stand near your door to surf the internet.

Club lounge access on the 12th floor for platinum members sounds great, but here are more problems. The printer has been doesn't work for weeks now. Surfing the internet on the computer in the lounge is a pain! You have to keep clicking to close a pop up for security each page you go to. In addition, it's practically the slowest computer I have used in a long time.
I went to the bar to grab a bite to eat. I sat at a table near the television and placed my order. 45 minutes later, still no drink, and no food. I left and spoke to a manager who actually took care of my food order. She was very helpful, and stated they were short handed.

Breakfast for club lounge starts at 630 am. Well, at 720 am, nothing was setup. I called the front desk and they offered to let me eat in the restaurant near the lobby. Sheraton employees seem to fix an issue if you let them know, which is good, but why are there so many problems? I should not have to complain about things that are your advertised business practices.

The hotel has HD televisions in the rooms, but no HD signal. If you are going to invest in a HDTV, why would you not have an HDTV signal? Might as well use the old tube televisions. It's as if they bought a BMW and put a scooter engine in it.

Here is a list of things, if fixed, would make me want to stay here, and help other customers enjoy their stay.
1. Fix / Replace the printer in the club lounge.
2. Upgrade the computer in the club lounge and remove the security pop up that constantly gets in the way of surfing general sites like google, msn, yahoo etc.
3. Upgrade bandwidth for internet for faster speeds, and add more wireless hubs so customers can use their ipad, iphone, laptop in their rooms without having to stand near the door.
4. Increase channel selection availability. HDTV without HDTV signal is pointless.

** I really think that if these few issues were handled, MANY more people would stay here. Word of mouth spreads faster that a pretty commercial. People love to tell one another about their experiences. Isn't it worth the investment to handle these issues?

Room Tip: Rooms close to elevator = Hearing the elevator all night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Bakir733;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is greatly appreciated.

After reading your response, we are a bit disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations. Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel Atlanta Airport, we pride ourselves with exceptional services our staff provides; based on your feedback, we did not provide you as such. Your Platinum SPG loyalty is very important to us, we will ensure everything is done to avert future occurrence of your concerns and ultimately secure your loyalty to our brand.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Best regard,
Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I missed my connecting flight and i was given a voucher for this hotel. i had a very terrible airport experience and by the time i went to wait for the shuttle it was almost 2am. The shuttle for the hotel took so long that the double tree hotels shuttle decided to take us to the hotel. once at the hotel i was relieved to see a very nice, clean and modern lobby and large elevators. The check in staff were nice and even found me a toothbrush/ toothpaste (as my bag was sent to another state). But as someone else stated in these reviews, the niceness ended once the elevator doors opened on the 4th floor. the hallway was dirty and the walls were banged up. Trash littered the floor and i could hear every person in their rooms, most were partying or talking/laughing extremely loud for 2:30am. i found my room and upon opening the door (with great force, seems like it was sealed shut) i thought the room didn't look so bad. as i turned on the lights i could see it was dirty. the floor was literally covered with dirt and i wore my shoes the rest of the night, the sheets had holes, hairs and tears in it as well as what appeared to be blood stains on the side of the bed. Lots of dust and damaged wall art. I wanted to order breakfast for the morning but everything was literally $9+, so i decided against it. The shower/bathroom was atrocious, the ceiling was peeling and dust was falling from it, the vent was inside the shower and was a large dusty hole in the wall with no vent on it. the faucet let out chunks of mold as i took a shower and there were hairs in the shower. the people in the room next to me were very loud and left the tv on high all night long. the tv in my room did not work at all and i had to pay for internet, which i turned down and decided to just sleep. i actually covered the bed in towels and slept on those and did not use the comforter. when there was a quiet moment, i could hear a scratching noise coming from the wall, don't want to know what that might have been. I slept very badly and left early on the shuttle the next day. i would rather sit in an airport than at this hotel. i was very uncomfortable and felt very unsafe and vulnerable (i am a young female traveling alone). not sure if maybe i just got a bad floor or what, but i did not enjoy this hotel at all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sunshine790;

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is through valid feedback from you our distinguished guest we are able to achieve our goals and objectives. We are deeply saddened to learn that your experience with us was far from what you anticipated; rest assured knowing that we will use the information you shared to enhance our services and our current Standard Operating procedures will be revisited. Our management team will also work diligently to ensure your concerns and investigated and promptly ameliorated.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The folks at the Sheraton Gateway in Atlanta are great. Each time we come there we are treated fantastically with everything done as well as we could hope. Tristan, Dido and the whole front desk team were great. If you have any issues, just call them at the front desk and they get it addressed quickly and professionally. This is a great place!

Room Tip: Each room I've had is fine. I don't like rooms by the elevators, but this is more because I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike95124;

Wow! We are honored and truly delighted by the recognition you have afforded our team. We strive at providing optimal satisfaction to our guests; thanks to you, we are humbled to learn that our objectives were accomplished.

Our management and staff thank you for your time and effort as we diligently anticipate your next arrival.

With sincere gratitude,
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I will start off by mentioning that despite a few inadequacies of the hotel, the staff seemed to be great and courteous. The front desk was quick and friendly as I checked into the hotel. The rooms are quiet despite the fact that they are right near the runway of Atlanta’s busy airport. The bathroom was small even though my room was changed to a largest room. The beds are still the most comfortable in the SPG group of hotels. There were no bathrobes available according to the operator even though the room was an upgrade and I was a Platinum member. The printer in the lounge was not working and engineering never showed up to fix it. Printing a boarding pass ahead of time is very critical when trying to save time at the airport. There are no good restaurants nearby, unless you drive at least 4 miles. The hotel did offer to shuttle drive me to a restaurant. Overall the hotel ranks average to good giving Sheraton credit for a fine chain in my opinion.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We do appreciate your constructive feedback as well your compliments. I have passed on your comments regarding the deficiencies you encountered to our team to ensure that the necessary improvements are made. We appreciate your patronage as a Platinum member and are very sorry that we fell short of your expectations.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I did enjoy the stay but there didn't seem to be much close to it. Even so I would stay there again. Staff was incredibly friendly, room was clean, and my dog was allowed to stay with me. Room service was delicious and the cafe in the lobby offers great snacks and drinks!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Kathryn P;

Thank you for take taking the time to share your recent experience with us, it is much appreciated.

Here at the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, our team is trained to always go the extra mile to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests, we are grateful to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. As indicated in your response, we anticipate your giving us another chance; this time exceeding your expectations will be our mission.

We truly appreciate your feedback, as we diligently anticipate your next arrival.

With kindest regards,
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Any problem that came up and Tristan in guest services was enthusiastic and ready to fix anything. Delightful stay at the Sheraton Gateway. The room was clean and the service excellent. Only problem was the ice machine near me was out-of-order, just had to walk down the hallway

Dear DL;

Thank you taking the time to recognize Tristan; he is truly one of a kind. Rest assured knowing that I have shared your feedback regarding the ice machine with our Director of Engineering and he is currently looking into having it corrected. Your feedback is important to us, it helps us to better satisfy you our distinguished guest.

We truly appreciate your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you again real soon.

Director of Guest Services
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was everything we needed! Clean and big, aside from the bathroom, and came with two beds. We just had the standard room, which ok for one night. We ate at the restaurant downstairs, the food was good, but really overpriced. Over $30 for a ceasar salad, turkey sandwich and one coke. To add to it, they automatically added tip and gratuity, which come on people is the same thing. For service that was awful, ridiculous!! The woman who took our order was obviously angry, looked at us with such disgust that we came in. So fortunately for us we took it to our room. Aside from the restaurant incident, everything else was nice! Bed was comfortable and we had a great night of sleep! Front desk really nice

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicki M;

We are forever grateful to you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Rest assured knowing that my fundamental goal and objective is to ensure your optima satisfaction. I have shared your restaurant experience with our restaurant manager and he will ensure your concern is communicated with his restaurant team; ultimately securing your loyalty to our brand.

Director of Front Office

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!