“Great Guest Services” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Toledo, Ohio
“Great Guest Services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Any problem that came up and Tristan in guest services was enthusiastic and ready to fix anything. Delightful stay at the Sheraton Gateway. The room was clean and the service excellent. Only problem was the ice machine near me was out-of-order, just had to walk down the hallway

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear DL;

Thank you taking the time to recognize Tristan; he is truly one of a kind. Rest assured knowing that I have shared your feedback regarding the ice machine with our Director of Engineering and he is currently looking into having it corrected. Your feedback is important to us, it helps us to better satisfy you our distinguished guest.

We truly appreciate your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you again real soon.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The room was everything we needed! Clean and big, aside from the bathroom, and came with two beds. We just had the standard room, which ok for one night. We ate at the restaurant downstairs, the food was good, but really overpriced. Over $30 for a ceasar salad, turkey sandwich and one coke. To add to it, they automatically added tip and gratuity, which come on people is the same thing. For service that was awful, ridiculous!! The woman who took our order was obviously angry, looked at us with such disgust that we came in. So fortunately for us we took it to our room. Aside from the restaurant incident, everything else was nice! Bed was comfortable and we had a great night of sleep! Front desk really nice

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicki M;

We are forever grateful to you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Rest assured knowing that my fundamental goal and objective is to ensure your optima satisfaction. I have shared your restaurant experience with our restaurant manager and he will ensure your concern is communicated with his restaurant team; ultimately securing your loyalty to our brand.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and do hope you will give us another chance.

Director of Front Office
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had an awful experience staying at this hotel this past weekend; beware the Sheraton Gateway! Upon entering the lobby, we were very pleased with the warm, modern, and clean lobby, as well as the helpful and pleasant front desk staff. When the elevator doors opened to the fourth floor, it was a different story completely. The wall coverings were stained and ripped, as was the dirty carpet. Bits and pieces of trash littered the floor. At first glance our room was nice, though the more lights we turned on, the more disgusted we were. A long hair was somehow wrapped around the telephone receiver. Dust bunnies were everywhere. The bathroom was not clean and the shower looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. The wall coverings in the room were also marked and worn, so much so that we kept thinking the marks were huge spiders. It just felt really dirty. YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR PARKING AND INTERNET...PER DAY! I understand that Atlanta is a big city and apparently this is common, but COME ON! I don't believe that customers should have to shoulder the cost of third-party parking. And we had to call the front desk 3 times to get our internet to work. I talked to a woman at the front desk and expressed my frustration, then asking her how I can talk to a human being for help...she started laughing and just transferred me without saying anything. Don't stay here! I will NEVER stay at a Sheraton Hotel again, that's how atrocious our experience was. BEWARE!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We do appreciate your patronage and your compliments regarding our Front Desk associates. However, we are truly sorry for the problem areas you encountered. I want to assure you that what you experienced is not indicative of our high standards and what our Brand represents. Our departments heads were copied to ensure that these areas of concern are looked at and improved upon immediately. .
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was acceptable (beat the nearby Hyatt Place hands down, at least), but could use an update. Desperately needs dehumidifiers in the rooms and conference rooms... way too damp. Needs some sound insulation between rooms and to have the gaps under the doors closed... too much noise from adjacent rooms.... glad I packed earplugs. Also, I parked my car in the lot and it got invaded by ants... just there two nights. That was weird. It isn't the Ritz, but it was okay for a one day meeting and two overnights.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ends marked "exit"... that's where the ice machines are. Noisy. Bri...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
dedo48, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Traveling Jonesy;

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us; it is through valid feedback from you our distinguished guest we are able to achieve our goals and objectives. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Director of Engineering and a complete room inspection will be conducted on all our rooms.

We truly appreciate your feedback and loyalty and do hope to see you again real soon.

Director of Front Office
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a work meeting due to its proximity to the airport. It is a very worn down hotel. There were multiple dogs staying in the hotel - so it made me more leery of the stains on the carpets in my room. In my room, the toilet was very dirty. I would not recommend staying here! But if you do, request a room that has never allowed smoking. Many of my coworkers were given rooms that used to be smoking.

• Stayed August 2012
panaowe, Manager at Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
First, let me thank you for your review. It is very disheartening to read one review that states “surprisingly nice” and another one that had a “great stay” and then to come across a review like yours which we are deeply sorry that we fell short of your expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping to continue to focus on making every guest’s experience a great one. We thank you very much for your feedback!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel was extremely clean and pleasant overall. What made the stay especially enjoyable was the very helpful staff. Props to Tristan at the front desk for being extremely helpful during my time to the hotel. He ensured that we were very well taken care of and was a very gracious host. The restaurant was very tasty for dinner. The gym was small and lacked anything beyond the bare minimum amenities.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My flight was delayed, so I stayed here overnight. The service at the front desk was excellent. Tristan was very helpful when I called earlier in the night checking on availability. He gave me excellent directions to the shuttle and after I arrived he gave me complimentary internet access. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!