“Dirty and not well maintained” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6330 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #140 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“Dirty and not well maintained”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Dirty rooms and building. Broken furniture. Ripped couches , dirty hallways. Noise from other rooms till 1am and staff was nowhere to correct. Long black hairs all over tub and shower. No shampoos or conditioner bottles. Which would have been nice since I couldn't pack any for the plane. Everything over all felt dirty. Staff was very nice but it didn't make up for a poor overall poor stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times during my business visits to Atlanta, rooms are neat and clean most of people are friendly and courteous, good location too... I will highly recommend this hotel to anybody those who want to stay for shorter or longer duration.

Thanks to Ms. Lisa, Mr. Wayne. Ms. Mary and Mr. Jesus - Keep up the good work

Chris

Room Tip: Good Location and Friendly people, home away from home
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a home away from home experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had an very unexpected emergency situation and had to stay in a hotel for the night. I chose this hotel because I know the area is safe, the price was good and there was plenty of well lit parking.

The gentleman at the counter was very dry and unenthusiastic about helping me. After he checked the couple in front of me in, he never even looked up at me to acknowledge I was there. I just stood there until he was decided he was ready. I even tried to make small talk as he checked me in and nothing....

The lobby, hall and room were clean but small over sights quickly took the facility from decent to run down. The toilet did not flush and the telephone although plugged in to the wall had no service. I called the hotel for assistance from my cell phone only to find out that there is no one on duty at the front desk overnight, so I was stuck. I did not take a shower in the room because I was afraid there may be a plumbing problem.

The day time front desk agent was a little more pleasant but once I told her of my concerns with the room she advised me that she wasn't able to provide me with the managers contact information.

I will never stay here again and I suggest you don't either unless you absolutely have to!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 11, 2013

Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here during 8 nights while in a business trip and the room was good. The cleaning lady was very polite, had the non-working hair dryer and the noisy-fridge replaced in less than 5 hours!
Room was enough size for the bed, sofa-cama, 2 small tables and a flat TV, the mini-kitchen is good. Bathroom was good and also with enough room, you did not feel overwhelmed by being everything so close.
Only thing is the 'stuff' like tables or the bath cabinets where kind of old, thyey had marks all over or where loosing the covers, so I had to be very careful to now tear the parts apart.
In general a very good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Perimeter. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Room rates fluctuate seasonally according to demand. If you got a bargain rate for this place, then it's OK. The room is large with sofa and a mini kitchen. Furniture placement was thoughtless – I was tempted to rearrange it. Wi-Fi is slow and you need to pay for an upgrade to faster performance.

Room has lots of wear and tear. Kitchen counter has burn marks. Cabinet doors are peeling, microwave stands on 2 feet; missing two feet and door has corrosion inside which questions its integrity and safety. Fridge is adequate but doors hinged on wrong side - opens on side against wall so difficult to access. The best appliance in the room was the large flat screen TV and DVD player which I hardly used.

Carpet had stains; the room was clean though. Hallways are something else. They look clean in the middle, but there is debris on the edge by the walls. Washers & Dryers available at $2 per wash which is higher than average rate of $1.50 at other area hotels.

Breakfast consists of coffee, bagels and muffins and only available Mon-Fri. If you want something more substantial, there are many breakfast restaurants within a mile.

Housekeeping staff was very helpful and pleasant. Management/reception is something else. Depends who is on duty, the service varies from indifferent to absent – yes, you have to look for them!

What floored me was that my key-card locked me out of the side doors on the last day before check out. It worked on the room door but would not allow me to enter the side doors. My room was at the end of the building so it was easier to load my luggage from that side. Rather than look for the receptionist, I just drove to the front entrance and hauled my luggage that way. I guess they want to see that you don’t leave through the back door with their chattel.

Overall evaluation: it met my needs and was adequately comfortable. The price was right. Had it been higher I would have considered alternatives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Perimeter. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in the Extended Stay Deluxe - Perimeter Atlanta for 10 days. We were given a brand new renovated room with new floors and carpets, new mattress, and a new flat screen television. The room was clean and we were very satisfied with the amenities offered.

While we did have some issues with the bathroom sink and tub stoppers not holding water for efficient baths and morning hygiene needs, the maintenance crew did eventually respond and had the issues repaired after two days.

The cleaning and front desk staff were awesome. LaQ was assigned to the cleaning of our room and did an excellent job! Memorable front desk staff were Andrea, KC, and Nanzette - all of which catered to every need and did so with dedication, precision, and professionalism.

The room was booked for the purpose of creating a loving environment for the reunion of my partner, who lives out of the state, and I. The tidiness of the room, professional and efficient staff, and general level of comfort led to a pleasing and romantic vacation.

We will definitely return back to the Extended Stay Deluxe - Perimeter in the future and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean, satisfying time away from home while staying in the Atlanta area! :-)

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quieter. Choose a non-smoking room and smoke outside if you are a smoker. The...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta - Perimeter. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My family and I are moving to Florida per military orders and needed a room at the halfway point. I am completely disappointed and a bit disgusted with this hotel. The first room they gave us was a smoking room and I asked for a non-smoking since I have small children. We walked in and it smelled absolutely disgusting. They didn't even have the courtesy to take the trash out. The second room they gave us was on the second floor, which wasn't a problem, and was non-smoking. I thought it would be okay until I went to ut something in the trash. No one emptied it before they gave us the room. I gave my children and a shower and was looking for towels only to find a used one hanging on the back of the door. Last but not least so far was one of the pillows looked disgusting and smelled like men's cologne.

Needless to say, we will NEVER stay at this hotel chain again! Unfortunately it was the only one with availability and allowed pets. I would not recommend this to anyone. If we could leave we would!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

The housekeeping staff strives to provide cleam rooms for our guests to enjoy. Going by company policy, they clean the room every 7-days, or in between upon a guests request for an additional minimal fee, and after each guest checks out. Then a Manager will inspect each room ensuring it has been left immaculate for the next guest to use. Hearing that you found trash and used towels in your room is not the norm and I apologize for our oversight.

As well, guests who request a non-smoking room should be placed in one. I apologize if that was not the case for you and your family, but am glad to hear that we were able to rectify that upon request.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody

Address: 6330 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30328 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Ranked #140 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and Despegar.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe-Atlanta-Perimeter Hotel Atlanta
Extended Stay Atlanta
Atlanta Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Peachtree Dunwoody, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.