“They Left the Lights on but No one was at the desk:)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North

You added Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly Budgetel Inn Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #149 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
ATL..Yall
“They Left the Lights on but No one was at the desk:)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

It the Motel 6, so other that a friendly front desk and a bed that seems clean, what more can you expect?

My boy toy and I decided we wanted to "get a room" since we were in a public place and were sure the people near us were thinking we should even if they wouldn't say it. PDA!!!

I went to hotels.com and since we both agreed it was only going to be for a couple of hours, we decided cheap hotel fit the experience much better than some hotsy totsy hotel would. It came up to $48 with tax.

When we arrived we had to stand outside for about two minutes until a guest walked up to allow us to enter the lobby with his room card. After hour access to the lobby is by key card only, and since the check in person was not at the desk, we couldn't get in. By the time the guest let us in, the desk clerk was coming from a back area, and check in was quick and easy. He even stated he would give us a room with a view. Imagine that, the Motel 6 has a view.

We were in room 530, and the view is of the back parking lot. LOL. Since this location is close to the airport, we were able to watch the planes as they entered the sky, so I guess it is sort of a view.

Overall, the beds looked clean, and since we weren't there to sleep, we pulled the comforter and and blanket back and pretty much only used the sheets.

The shower however, ewwww....hair was still on the walls of the shower and the ceiling of the shower. Thankfully, I had a container of those Lysol wipes in my trunk so we used those to do a wipe down of the rest of the shower. The "paint" was peeling off the bathtub, but again. Its the Motel 6, I sort of expected it to be old and was just happy there wasn't that old hotel smell throughout the room and the building. Surprisingly our air conditioning unit worked and was not loud.

I'd probably never have a chance to visit for more than a couple of hours, but remember going to the Motel 6 for the same reasons when I was in my twenties and for that its just fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, whatever you reason was. Motel 6 as a brand is having a nationwide transformation. All the hotels are getting renovated and will have wooden floors in the rooms. All will have LCD TVs and the bathrooms will also be redone.

You will see that the Motel 6 you visited in your 20s will not be the same as now.
We are also going through a full renovation, and you will see a huge difference.

Nilesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
saskatoon, saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

NO redeeming qualities other than location close to the Atlanta Airport. Shuttle driver(woman) was very friendly and informative. Less than interested front desk personnel ( I arrived at a shift change and while I was the only one at the desk, they seemed unable to figure out who would serve me). Rooms are well past tired. Room was called non-smoking, but I doubt it used to be as halls and carpets all smelled like stale smoke. This hotel needs a TOTAL reno. Honestly, it is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in in the US. I suspect they make money because of location and guests only stay once. Hotel did not feel safe and I've travelled all over the world in some pretty bad places. A/C roared off and on all night - in desperate need of service. This would definitely rate as a "flea bag" hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for your experience at the hotel. All your issues you noted are very valid. We will be addressing the product quality by completing a total renovation inside and out.

The service aspect with your check in experience should not have happened. I will be making sure that we bring your experience up as an example for our next guest service department meeting.

If your travels bring you back to Atlanta next year, I promise you that you will have a completely different experience.

Wilmington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I did not expect too much but what I found was the worst nightmare. Me, wife and daughter missed the plane so we decided on this place based on proximity to the airport and without checking reviews. Big mistake. The only good thing was a free shuttle that runs every 30 min. Oh and across the street there are many food places so one can find something for breakfast since motel does not offer it. They offer coffee that was cold and there was no milk or cream. Not even a muffin. The motel might be ok 10-15 years ago but now is in need of serious renovation, cleaning and management change. Badly smelling hallways, dirty carpets, plaster peeling off of walls and stained carpet. Also, wrinkled, stained and rripped bedsheets, TV from 90'ties and some very shady characters roaming the hallways. Personally I wittness money being paid to the lady that was offering her services. Our room smelled like urine and vomit. The only amenity offered were two miniature generic soaps. My wife was afraid of bed bugs so she would not sleep. I stayed in this chain before and never had so bad experience. Dont stay there. Place needs to be torn down. Management does nothing to correct the situation.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Your experience really concerns me.
We are undergoing plans for a full renovation for this hotel. The hotel had been with the bank for a while and recently was acquired by a new company that has plans to fully renovate the hotel.

I am sorry for the experience.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Needed a place for a night while I waited for a flight. The location was good, price was good but when I got here, I was shocked. This is the first time I ever stayed somewhere that I was afraid to fall asleep. Not only was the room dingy, it smelled and was in disrepair. The carpet was disgusting, there were large cracks in the wall and ceiling, furniture was well past its prime, the bathroom was not in good shape and to top it all off was the tv from 1990. I'm glad I only was here a few hours. I would have felt better sleeping in my rental car or at the airport.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for your stay experience. We will be having a full renovation this year and all product issues that you have mentioned will be fully addressed.

Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Guess I'd misread or confused it with another establishment. Thought brunch or breakfast was included. So there was that let down. At least the "Waffle House" was across the street. Coffee was never ready, early, when I needed it. Seemed to have folks wandering up and down the hall ways. Vomit on the wall and carpet on my floors elevator access reminded me of the clientele I had moved down to.

Room Tip: Your next to an airport and interstate highway. What would you like?
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello Sir,

Thank you for staying with us.
I am sorry to hear about the stains on the walls that you mentioned, I will address this with housekeeping to see how something like this can be missed!!

I will also see why we had a delay in getting the coffee out in the morning, it is served from 7am till 10am.

At Motel 6, we aim to provide the lowest prices in the markets nationwide, in order to do that we had to look at reducing costs to provide the savings to the guests. So complimentary breakfast is not offered.

Luckly, we have 3 restaurants across the street from us that offer breakfast and they are open 24 hours a day.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. I like to share all reviews with our team at the hotel so that they can learn from it and see how the guest can be affected positively and negatively.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a wonderful time during our stay here at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North. The staff was very helpful and sincere. Our rooms were comfortable and clean. There were nice restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a survey.

I am happy to learn that your stay was very good with us. I will be communicating your review with our staff, its is a great motivator when our teams learn about guests that have enjoyed their stay due to their hard work.

I hope your travels bring you back to Atlanta and we will have the chance to serve you again.

Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Motel 6 is, well, you know, motel 6. Nothing fancy about it, but I do love the fact that it's walking distance from waffle house, ruby Tuesday's and a few more. Great location. USHER showed up in the waffle house to use the bathroom. So, it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2014
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.
Our hotel's location in the Airport Area is second to none. With all the restaurants and bars within 1-2 blocks of the hotel its a great amenity for the hotel.
Also a lot of Motel 6's nationwide are renovating to a new rooms package, I promise you that you will not say well Motel 6 is Motel 6.
We will also be undergoing a full renovation this year and the rooms and public areas will be transformed.
We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Nilesh Patel

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!