“Low budget!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly Budgetel Inn Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #143 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Low budget!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Okay, you didn't book this motel for the ambiance or amenities. It's your BASIC motel. Nothing fancy for sure. The staff pleasant and helpful. Asked for non-smoking room, given smoking. Tony front desk apologized and changed room Motel is not that old but has not been maintained. No hair dryer, coffee maker, shampoo. Towel quality on the thin side. Just a room nothing more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Ms. Moore,

Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear about our guest service agent checking you into a smoking room instead of non-smoking. I will address this with our team. This is a mistake that just should not have happened.

Motel 6 as a brand nationwide does not offer hair dryers, coffee makers and shampoo in the rooms. This helps us keep our costs down which helps each of our hotels to be able to provide the lowest rates in each of our respective markets.

We will however be going through a complete renovation in 2014 which will make the hotel look brand new inside and out.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again around August 2014 when our renovations will be completed.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here for Dragon*con 2013. I didn't know I'd be able to go to it until a couple months before, and I was going by myself. Of course all of the under $150 downtown hotels were booked up. I figured I'd go with a less expensive chain hotel so I could spend whatever I needed to on transportation/parking. It worked out great.

A couple of the days, I took the free hotel shuttle to the airport and then rode the MARTA train up to Dragon*con. It was so convenient. Just know that where the shuttle drops you off at the airport is not where you will be picked up. There is a special little station where the local hotel transportation vans park. From the MARTA at the airport, follow signs to ground transportation for local hotels. The shuttle hours are from around 4:00am to 1:45am, and the MARTA train hours are from around 4:30am to 1:30am (it varies depending on days of the week) so plan accordingly. If you're going to the con and might be out really late, plan on driving to the con and paying for parking or plan on staying out so late that it becomes morning (like I did on Saturday night/Sunday morning).

The hotel room had a refrigerator and microwave which I was very happy about. It was clean. There were tons of cable channels. Free wifi. The staff I interacted with were nice and friendly and helpful. There are vending machines in the lobby, and the hotel is right across the street from a McDonald's and some other restaurants.

Yeah it's not super fancy, but all I really needed was a clean, comfortable, affordable place to sleep for a few nights, and this place was great. Hopefully next year I can get into one of the affordable downtown hotels so I'm in walking distance of Dragon*con, but if not, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Ryan F,

The Labor Day weekend was an exteremly busy weekend in Atlanta and Dragon Con is one of the events that brings a lot of people and guests to our hotels. It is really fun to see all the attendees and the costumes they wear.

Thank you for posting such an insightful and helpful review, the information you put about the transportation will help our potential guest understand how to use our Shuttle and MARTA efficiently.

I am also happy to hear about your stay experience and will provide your comments to our team.

If you are not able to find a hotel in downtown next year that is reasonably priced, we hope to see you again and will provide you with a great value experience with good service.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and visiting our beautiful city!

College Park, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The front desk need to read all info faxed over or anything e-mailed to them the last night I stayed their I asked for late checkout from the internet and front desk said y'all don't do late checkout anymore but she will leave a note that she approved for me to stay until 3,the next morning they was on the door for me to checkout and I explained to them about my 3 o'clock checkout and I assumed we was on the same page but they came back twice and the last time they came it was a man and I was fed up at that point now we are using another hotel when we come to town and also I told my co-workers and two of them said it happened to them they had the same problem They need to be on the same page and respect any and everyone they never know who they are dealing with .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Brenda D,

Thank you so much for posting this review, we have some work to do with communication with front desk and housekeeping in regards to late check-outs.
The information you have provided is very valuable and I will speak with our managers over both departments and make sure we have a better communication about late checkout rooms and not disturbing the guests.

I am sorry to see that this issue made you switch hotels and we will make sure that we do not have these issues again.

I hope in the future you will give us a second chance to show you that we have made the improvements in this regard.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel worth more than the money paid in term of location, enviroment and services. The staff are well trained and cultured. I have good value for the money paid for my two days stay.I will recommend the hotel for anyone looking for relatevely cheap but nice hotel in Atlanta

• Stayed September 2013
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our team is going to love reading your review!! Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

We use Trip Advisor reviews as a tool to help us improve our guest service and quality. I am delighted to see that your stay went very well and you found great value in staying with us.

You are right the location of our hotel in the Atlanta Airport area is A1!! Malone's, Spondivits, Ruby Tuesdays and several other restaurants are across the street from us. Close to Airport and other facilities as well. You dont even need to drive.

Your review will be a great motivater for our team, and make them feel great about the work they are doing to make our hotel and service better for our guests.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and we look forward to serving you.

Kindest Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and beds were comfy. Not in the best part of town but it was close to the airport. Within walking distance of several places to eat. Once sun went down there were several shady people walking around so make sure you lock vehicle up.

• Stayed September 2013
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to hear that your room and bed was to your staisfaction. We are working with our security company and guest service department to make the hotel and the area feel safer for our guests on an on going basis.

We hope your travels bring you back to Atlanta and we will have the chance to take care of you again in the near future.

Tucson, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Was in town for a convention but my hotel was downtown and we were going arrive late. So stayed here for the first night in and last night out. The shuttle from airport was ok. The directions the staff gives you are not clear. Took awhile to find the shuttle pickup. Beds were great and the location was not bad. Couple decent places to eat within walking distance. The only real negative was the water pressure was low.

Room Tip: our first night there the window had a ledge and since the ac unit is right below it, when you turn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello Mr. Topher,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel.

I would also like to thank you for staying at our hotel at the begining and end of your visit to our fair city of Atlanta. I hope your attendance at the convention was a productive one.

I am gald to see that you were able to take advantage of our hotel's location to the airport and also the local restaurants located next door to our hotel.

I hope you will have the time to respond back to me with a little more information on our shuttle service - which you mentioned was OK, as I would like to see what changes we can make to make the experince great!

Also noticed your comment about the low water pressure in your shower, I will have our engineering team look into that. I have not had any other guests provide me feedback about the water pressure being low, so it may have been your individual room, and this will be investigated further.

I will also speak with our manager to heads up our guest services department to see what veribage is currently being used by our guest service agents to provide information on our shuttle service and directions to ground transportation where we pick up.

Reviews from guest like yourself really help our hotel to improve, and it helps our other future guests as well, so that they do not have to face any inconveniences.

I hope your travel brings you back to Atlanta and we will once again have the opportunity to serve you.

gm.motel6@jhmhotels.com
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is entirely adequate for the price: clean, modern, reasonably spacious rooms. The lower end of the price spectrum can be a minefield. No problems with this one. Several restaurants nearby. Safe neighborhood.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hello Steve S,

Thank you for posting your review. We are very glad to hear that your stay met your expectations, we hope you will choose our hotel again in the near future when your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Nilesh Patel

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!