“Overnight stay that met my needs!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly Budgetel Inn Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #143 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Missoula, Montana
“Overnight stay that met my needs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this property on June 13, 2013 for one night. I researched this area for about 5 weeks before my trip. Yes, this motel is very close to the airport, and offers a free shuttle! The price was great at 52.00 for the night. My concern is the area. I agree with some of the reviews, it does feel a little gray and a little unsafe. The area has a Ruby Tuesday, waffle house and McDonald's right next to the property! A quick 30 second walk. The staff was professional and nice, and answered all of my questions! If you have a problem with any motel or hotel, try to be polite and nice with the desk staff (They can make or break your stay). For the price and shuttle service, it's on point! I slept like a baby, the bedding was awesome! The next two nights I stayed at the Hilton Downtown in ATL. I got a better night sleep at the Motel 6, than I did at the Hilton in the Executive suite! Hmmm, what does that tell ya. The bed at Motel 6 was so comfortable than the 189.00 per night stay I had at the Hilton (I stayed on the top floor with city view)! All in all, motel 6 was a great stay, I will stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor, facing the front of the motel! My room was clean and smelled fin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We always like to discuss all our reviews in our team meetings, good reviews become great motivational tools, and the bad reviews become great tools for continuous improvement with our team.

I am very glad that you had a great night sleep at our hotel, sorry to hear that you were not able to sleep as well at your next hotel, but I do hope you enjoyed the great view of of fair city.

I have taken note of your concerns about the area, we are working on this, there is a new Community Improvement District being formed for the Airport Area and I am involved with it. The organization is run by business owners and representatives and with funds from the area businesses and other government grands and awards we will be working over the next few years in creating a very nice and inviting area.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and in our City of Atlanta, I do hope that if your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Carrollton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I had to drop someone at the airport and fly out the next morning, so we decided to spend the night near the airport rather than driving to West Georgia. We found this Motel 6 for a very good price and decided to giver it a try. We were pleasantly surprised with a reasonable, well kept and clean room. It was far from perfect, but you get what you pay for.

The only real negative was the smoke odor in the room from the days when smoking in the room was OK. I guess only a significant remodel tearing up carpet and changing the beds entirely. I wish they would do that, but then, it won't cost 49 bucks a night any more, will it?

One smaller upgrade that would make me and other customers happier would be simply replacing the sorry excuse for pillows. We had a big, fairly comfortable king size bed and three wimpy little pillows.

So, would I go back to this hotel? Yes, if I needed a clean bed to sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to see that you have a good stay experience overall, taking into account the price value that we provide at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us, and we always discuss all tripadvisor reviews at our management and department meetings.
We will be going through a renovation of our hotel next year, we are also currently working on swapping our our pillows in the guest rooms.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

We hope in the future if your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed in room 619. Not very clean and the AC didn't work. Got in around 1:30 am due to delayed flight, so didn't ask to switch rooms because we were tired. The shuttle was 15 minutes late. Spend your money elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for your experience at our hotel, on top of your flight being delayed. I am also dissapointed to hear that our shuttle was late 15 minutes. We strive to take care of our guests and provide them good service and a room that is clean and in working order.

In this case we failed to meet our goals and I am sorry for your experience. I thank you for provide your frank feedback, we will discuss this in our management meeting and work on tweaking our systems to make sure these issues are take care of so that our guests do not face the issues in the future.

I hope you will be able to give us a second chance to serve you in the future when your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here because of proximity to the airport. Shockingly, there were no disturbances in terms of plane noises while in room. Of course once outside you are reminded of how close u actually are to the airport. 4th floor smelt a bit smokey but once in the room, it was fine. Loads of food options nearby also. Didn't like that the shuttle was late and made so many stops before we got to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying at our Motel 6 Atlanta Airport.

We are working on getting better and taking care of our guests and we take Trip Advisor feedback very seriously. It helps us to hold our team accountable and also to help us to improve, and it is also a great motivational tool when we have guests leave a posative review.

You are right about the airport noise, we are not in the flight paths of the airplanes so the noise is less, but being under a mile from the airport, so guests that are light sleepers may still hear noise. Also we have many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, infact across the street and this is a great plus for our guests.

I am sorry to hear that the hotel shuttle was late in picking you up. Also the fact that there were multiple stops before getting to the airport. On ocassion, we do have some guests that stay with us that are going to the Delta HQ, or Flight Safety or Express Jet, in those cases we do drop them off there before going to the airport, but all these stops are right behind our hotel. Normally we are the last stop for pick and the shuttle goes directly to the Airport.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you have the opportunity to come through Atlanta again and we will have the chance to serve you.

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had 13 hours between flights and decided to book this hotel, because I actually needed a free shuttle and some basic room to sleep.

First – do not be fooled by misleading information that this hotel offers free airport shuttle service. Yes, it’s offered, but from DOMESTIC terminal only.

I arrived to the International terminal. There was no sign where to find hotel shuttles. After 30 minutes going around and asking almost everyone I was finally told, that airport shuttles are 30 minutes away from this terminal!!! And there is a bus that can take me there. Do not forget to take a coat with you, because you have to wait for this bus outside. …then about 30 minutes in the arctic cold bus I arrived to Domestic terminal ..

Ok, finally 2 hours after arrival, completely frozen I got to the hotel. Hot coffee, tea, please! No way. Even in the lobby you can’t get it at night! And there is no coffeemaker in the room.

Room - old (furniture, TV, fridge, microwave) , worn out, but clean enough (except very dirty stained carpet). Bed is not very comfortable, but at least I didn't see any bed bugs.
In the morning I was able to get some coffee in the lobby.

I think there must be information ( at the hotel web site) that the shuttle service is offered from Domestic terminal only. And would be really nice if the hotel offered hot coffee (or just hot water to make it) 24/7, at least in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with catching our hotel shuttle. I have taken your feedback which is very valid, and I will do my best to work with the different websites that have our hotel's shuttle information, to notify guest that we cannot pick up at the International Terminal.

I understand your fustrations. I apologies, when guest call us about our shuttle we do verify over the phone if they are landing at International Terminal or Demostic Terminal and provide the appropriate instructions.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback.

Best regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

No great hopes for this but the room was tidy and the water was hot which is all you can ask for when you want somewhere cheap that is located close to the airport. Free coffee in the morning was a bonus too and the location to a decent diner and other amenities is handy. Television didn't work at all and the wi fi was a bit patchy and I reckon there is a good chance your room won't be perfect, but not in any meaningful way that will hamper a one night layover. Oh, and our non-smoking room smelled of weed. But still, a good night's kip was enjoyed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review. I will communicate your feedback with my team to make sure we are always moving forward to improve our guests' experience at our hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews prior to my stay, but I decided to take my chances and keep my reservations. The staff was very friendly and they provided great customer service, but the rooms were disgusting. The comforter and sheets smelled like someone's bad body ordor.. The entire floor that we stayed on smelt like weed, and our room smelt like cigarette smoke even though its was "suppose" to be a non-smoking room. When my boyfriend and I left to go and get food some kid popped out of his room asking us "do we know were the weed is it". Guest shouted all night down the hallways. Needless I felt very uncomortable staying there for that one night, but everything else around that area was completely booked for the weekend. On our next visit to Atlanta we definitely won't be stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
AreaGM_JHMHOTELS_ATL, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for your stay experience at our hotel. Our 2nd floor is the only smoking floor.

I am sorry that your non-smoking room smelt like smoke. I have let housekeeping know that they should have done a better job of eliminating the odors.

The weekend you stayed the entire city was sold out due to city wide events that were going on. We do our best to try and screen the guest coming into the hotel but it is impossible to know if a guest is going to smoke on a non-smoking floor.

Once we find out, we do but the guest on a do-not rent list, which will not let them book a room at our hotel in their name.

Nilesh Patel

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!