“Clean, comfortable, convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North

You added Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly Budgetel Inn Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #152 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Lompoc, California
“Clean, comfortable, convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Best Motel 6 I've stayed in. Very clean, convenient, comfortable. Has shuttle to airport running every 30 minutes on a schudle. Lots of restaurants near by. Used this stop for an over night for flight for next morning. Room was bigger than mostt Motel 6 and bed was very good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for the money. Can't say any more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review.

I am happy to hear that your stay experience was great! We will be providing your feedback to our hotel team. I am sure they will be excited to ready how their efforts have posatively impacted a guest's experience.

Our Motel 6 team wish you and your family the warmest greetings for the holiday season and a very healthy, joyious and prosperious New Year!!

All the best,

Nilesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The fire alarm went off for about 30 mins. All people went down the building went outside in a 42 degrees temp. No fire truck!!!! Outrageous!!! Fire Marshall should inspect this hotel. Violation of fire code. And then the clerk/receptionist doesn't care. After 45 mins someone will check in and asked why are a lot of people outside with their pajamas on. The clerk said he don't know. And then said its just the fire detector alarming. Really! I mean! We are not stupid. Fire detector will not flash the fire strobes!!! Then somebody told the clerk [--]! Well I guess he deserved that. It went off 4:00 in the morning. I am so tired from our 8 hour drive trip and just waken up by a Firealarm which is a baloney! Main concern is no fire truck?... Georgia fire Marshall's do you job too inspect this ridiculous motel. Red flag violation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for the whole situation with the fire alarm incident.

It was a false alarm due to a smoke detector that had triggered the alarm, there was no smoke at all where the smoke detector had triggered.

The night auditor was silencing the alarm but when he reset the alarm system, the alarm would go off again as the faulty smoke dectector would keep triggering the alarm. The fire department did not come to the hotel because it was a false alarm.

I was very suprised to see your comments of what happened that morning, with the night auditor not addressing the guests that collected in the lobby and not having clearly communicated to everyone what the situation was.

I did hear from other guest of the same, and I have already spent time with the night auditor for some more training on handling these situations better. We also scheduled a meeting with the entire guest services team to go over emergency procedures. So that we better communicate with our guests and emergency response.

Our Fire, Life & Safety Systems are tested annually and through out the year if we have any issues or equiptment that fails, we take care of immediately.

Again, I do appologise for communication being handled so poorly, we have made the necessary changes and implemented training and refresher training so that this does not happen again.

Incidentally the incident occured at 4am, by 9am we had already replaced the faulty smoke detector. We do take safety and security of our guests very seriously, and we do get routine inspections from the Fire Marhall and we have always been in compliance.

In this situation, the employee did not handle the situation well. Which we have addressed.

St. Thomas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Traveling with dogs can be stressful but Motel 6 does a nice job accomodating people with pooches. They reserve the first floor for guests with dogs so that there can be easy access to the outdoor spaces and they don't charge you...what a treat! The rooms were fine, nothing to complain about, especially for $45 a night! Convenient to the airport and shares the parking lot with a nice chain restaurant so you can grab food and bring it back to your room to be with Fido. Aside from all that, the staff is really nice. I read many of the reviews beforehand and saw the same comments about the staff. The front desk person who checked me in couldn't have been sweeter about getting us the ground floor with King bed and when I called later on to get an extra pillow and another towel, the new front desk person was busy with guests, so I just went without, but within 10 minutes he knocked on our door and hand delivered both! Super sweet and considerate! Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Only stayed there once and the on the ground floor due to the dogs, but it was quiet...I think the o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest and Fido,

Thankyou for staying at our hotel and taking the time to post the review.

I am happy to see that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. I will be sharing your review with our team as I always do. They will be delighted to read your review, this a great motivator for our service team to see how their actions affect our guests' experiences.

I would agree with you that Motel 6 as a nationwide Brand probably embrace pet owners more than most of the other hotel brands, with not charging pet fees and having all hotels be pet friendly.

I hope you travels bring you back to our area and we have the pleasure of serving you and your pets again.

Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The rate I paid for this hotel was great, as was its location near the airport. The rest of the experience was average or just below average. The property itself is somewhat run down, with worn carpets, cracked caulking in the bathrooms, and broken fixtures. It's about what I would expect for a hotel close to a major airport, for the rate I paid. The other plus worth mentioning is the free wi-fi for all guests.

Bottom line, if your goal is getting a good rate for a hotel near the airport, this should be fine. If you need amenities, or want a property free from blemishes, you should try elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw and for staying with us.

We are in the middle of planning a full renovation of our hotel, so condition issues will be addressed.

The fixture that was broken and the caulking that was cracked in your room, that is not acceptable and I humbly appologize for that.

I will be in touch with my engineering department and will be inspecting a lot more rooms to make sure that is being addressed.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here one night when I had an early morning flight the next day and it was okay. It was convenient being so close to the airport so I was able to turned my rental car the evening before so I didn't have to mess with it the next morning, and took a shuttle to the airport. The room was roomier than most hotels though it showed some wear but the bed & shower were fine. I wasn't looking for luxury but a place to hangout for the evening, get some work done, a good nights sleep. The WIFI was surprisingly fast. There are several good eating places right acrosss the street so that was convenient too. I'll stay here again if I'm overnighting at ATL.

Room Tip: The front side, opposite the airport would be quieter as you're only 4 or 5 blocks from the runw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel for your overnight stay and taking the time to post a review.

What you explained in your post is exactly our goal for our guest. We provide value driven rooms, with a good friendly staff.

We do not have all the amenities or services of the other hotels, we offer good service, a clean room and good quality bed. Also free WIFI. Our location in the Atlanta Airport area is 2nd to none, having a varity of restaurants within 1 to 2 blocks with a couple that are open 24hrs.

We are aware of the furniture being aged, and next year we will be addressing everything by doing a full renovation.

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to our Airport area.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night only, pre-paid months in advance for around $45. I did not expect much at all, and my expectations were met. Those people that are complaining on here, its a motel 6 near the airport, super cheap..... this is not the Embassy Suites or Hilton and if you dont know this going in, then you must not travel much.

Elevator was super slow, room smelled like a smoker was in there before me even though i had a NS room. It was clean enough for me to sleep and shower after a concert at Lakewood, it got the job done.

But, seriously, even other budget motels provide a single use shampoo - get it together guys.

Front desk was nice, neighborhood was fine, but lack of hotel security allows shady people to just hang around in the parking lot since they share it with close by restaurants. got a little bit sketchy, but my rental car was fine.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your frank feedback.

I am glad we met your expectations. The shampoo issue - Motel 6 as a brand only offers soaps in the room. Our hotel however does keep shampoo and other items at the front desk for guests that may have forgotten items. We do not charge extra for these items.

I am sorry about the smoke smell in your non-smoking room, we should have done a better job of eliminating the odors and we have the equipment to do that. I will speak with housekeeping about this.

We do have parking lot surveillance in our lots, but I will make sure that they do address any loitering that maybe going on in the vast parking lot in front of the hotel. End of the day if you did not feel at ease, than other guests may feel the same.

I will have this monitored better.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to post your review.

We look forward to serving you again.

Pickerington, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My family and I were given a voucher to stay at this hotel on 8/13 as we missed our flight due to weather. Delta airlines should be ashamed for even suggesting this place. As if you are not inconvenienced enough at that point. let me start with the one good thing I can say about it. Nicki at the front desk was a absolute dear. Very friendly and helpful, Nicki you should really take your expertise else where!!!
We had 2 rooms since we were traveling with 2 adults and 4 teenagers. Room number 1 - a dirty towel was thrown on the bathroom sink, clothing tags were on the floor and the toilet barely flushed! To make matters worse, we then find a dead bed bug on the side of the mattress (room 310).
Room number 2 - live bug on the bed and then as we checked the matress for more bugs we find hypodermic needles between the matress!!!! (room 308) Needless to say we immediately took our children out of those rooms showed the clerk the pictures we took of the bugs and the needles and demanded he credit our card back, and slept at the airport. As this was only 2 days ago, If I do not see a credit for the 45 minutes we were there, you will see an update to the review.

After all that I won't even go into the smells and the over all filth and shady looking characters already checked into the hotel.

K Sumpter

Room Tip: Stay away, even if it is free!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry for the stay experience you had.

We did receive your compliant, and we take Bed Bugs issues very seriously. When a guest or a staff member reports any activity that seems to be bed bugs, we put the rooms out of order and ask our pest control company to come and inspect the rooms. This is what occured once you had informed Nicki that you had seen bed bugs in the room.

The pest control company came out and inspected the rooms, they gave us reports informing us that there were no bed bugs in rm 308 or 310. They did not inform us of any other type of pests in the room either.

I am not denying that you may have seen something in the room, but we have incidents in the past where guest thought they had bed bugs in the room and after inspection we found none.

Finding the needle in between the matteress is not good at all, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention, and I have already had a meeting with the housekeeping manager and staff, about the importance of checking for items under the matresses. Not just for the guest safety but also for their own safety, they tuck bedsheets in between mattresses every day and exposed needles would be a high risk for them too.

Guest satisfaction is very important for us, and you should have received your full refund, if this is not the case, please do contact us at the hotel, and we will make sure that your full refund was given.

Nilesh Patel

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!