“If clean is a priority then this place is NOT for you” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North

You added Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344 (Formerly Budgetel Inn Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #152 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Agana, Mariana Islands
“If clean is a priority then this place is NOT for you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Carpet looked disgusting. Stains in the tub and walls. My bedsheets, especially my pillow smelled nasty. It honestly smelled like they did not wash it from the last person who stayed there. I could probably guess what type of person the last person who layed there is, judging from the smell. The price and location were good though. I understand its a Motel 6 but from the particular online site I purchased the room from, they said cleanliness is not something I have to worry about. So price-good, clean-FAIL, location-great, service-didn't deal w/ them enough to say. Stayed April 4-5 2012.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side entrances, you hear everything people are hauling in and out.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your stay experience at our hotel.

We are planning on a complete renovation of the hotel that will include carpets, drapery, furniture, bathroom, pretty much everything in the room.

We are working on maintaining the condition of the room until the renovation occurs.
But I am very sorry about the cleanliness issues to faces I will investogate this further, as you should not have any pillows that smelled, this should have been noticed by the room attendant when they were putting new pillow cases and bedsheets.

Please conact us at the hotel so that we can resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I will surely be using it to show our housekeeping team the impact they lack of detail can have on our guest's experience at the hotel.

Nilesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Guys smoking pot in the elevator, our non-smoking room smelt like smoke, people above were very noisy past midnight, carpet severely stained, took forever to get a shuttle from the airport, didn't get our wakeup call, something bit my husband in the few hours we were there, no shampoo ...yuck

• Stayed March 2012
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry about your experience at our hotel.

Please contact us so we can resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

I am sorry for the pot smell you mentioned, unfortunately it is hard to perdict which guest will smoke or not. But once we find out we do have the guest vacate the hotel and they are put on a no rent list.

I am sorry for the shuttle not arriving quickly enough for you, the shuttle is on an automated 30 minute cycle, and the guest does not have to call the hotel or book the shuttle, they run every half an hour. I am not sure if you would have come to ground transportation when the shuttle had left and then you would have had to wait atleast 25 minutes for the next shuttle.

Motel 6 as a brand focuses on being the lowest price chain in the US, and in order to keep the prices low, as a brand they do not offer shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers, coffee makers in the room. They also do not have a continental breakfast but do offer a comolimentary coffee service in the morning.

Again I do appologies for the experience you had and we would like to rectify this with you.

Please contact me or Charnessa Rhine our AGM,

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Hotel is cheap but......One of the light fixtures was falling off the wall with exposed wires, The lock on door was broken, carpet near bathroom ripped and worn. The hotel is close to the airport with food options but not in the best neighborhood. Front desk was informed and emailed corporate with a standard response.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry for the experience you had at our hotel.

We perform preventitive maintenence programs for our guest rooms, and I am suprised that your room has issues with the carpet and the guest room lock.

Please contact me when you have a chance, so I can resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

404-219-1800
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at the Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, Feb. 3rd and Feb. 4th, while attending the Atlanta dog shows. Overall it was not bad, especially for $37.50 a night.
The good points include: price, pets accepted with no extra charge, free wi-fi, clean room and bathroom, microwave and mini-fridge in room.
Not so good included: shower flow was horrible-just a trickle, the stairwell door to my side of the motel did not work, so when using the stairs, I had to walk to the other side of the long hall in order to get in and out.
Another good point, when walking the dogs at night and before dawn I felt safe. The lighting around the motel was good and there didn't appear to be any shady type people hanging around.
If I had pets with me and didn't want to spend a lot of money for a motel, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us while you attended the Dog show in our area.

I am glad you found that our hotel provided the value that you needed.

Motel 6 as a brand nationwide is a pet friendly brand, and is probably the only one that does not charge pet fees. So I would say its probably the Pet Friendliest Brand out there.

I am sorry to hear about the pressure from your shower was weak. I will have maintenence check to make sure the shower head or plumbing is changed to have the right pressure.

We hope to see you in the near future when your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I recently stayed at this motel from January 16th-17th because I lost my connecting flight thanks to the 1 hour and 20 minute wait just to go through customs and immigration.

I quick searched for a hotel near the airport and found the Motel 6 near the airport, for $40 a night, close to the airport and food near by what else did I want? I wasn't planning on staying a week either so I chose and about 20 minutes after booking through my smartphone I was checking in.

Once you walk outside the airport you keep going straight and you'll see a lot of airport shuttles, just ask around and you'll be directed to the Motel 6 shuttle. The ride is about 5 minutes or so very convenient.

The check in was quick, the staff was very professional and friendly, the motel itself is not 5 stars but in my opinion it was clean, the rooms were clean, no weird smells, the rooms are basic and all I wanted was a place to sleep.

If you find yourself in Atlanta and want a low cost clean place to stay, consider the Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North. Yes I would stay there again on a quick trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
GM_CSuitesPerimeter, General Manager at Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay.

I am sorry that you missed your flight.

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel, and we were able to provide the value you were looking for, for your 1 night layover at the Atlanta Airport.

Our aim is to provide our guest with the best price in the market, without sacrificing the basics: Good clean room, in good working condition and friendly staff service.

I am pleased that we were able to satisfy your needs for the short stay.

Menomonee Falls, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

The staff was friendly and efficient. The location is convenient to the airport and has several dining options nearby. The room was disgusting. The bathroom smelled so moldy I had to keep the door closed to keep the smell from permeating the whole room. The shower flow was pitiful. The carpeting was peeling up, stained, and full of cigarette burns. I encountered other guests smoking marijuana in the elevator. There are a lot of hotels in the area. I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry for the experience you had at our hotel.

Please contact us at the hotel so that we can make resolution to your satisfaction.

We are always working on updating and using preventitive maintenence measures to improve the quality and condition of the guest rooms.

I am sorry you had encountered a guest that was smoking in the elevator. We are staying focused in these matters and working with our security agents and staff to minimize and ultimately eliminate these types of issues at our hotel.

Our aim to to take care of our guest and unfortunately we were not able to this time, so please contact us and provide us the opportunity to work with you to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you're looking for a cheap-as-possible place to stay before an early plane flight, this place may fit the bill really well! My experience:

I didn't want to book anything sight unseen, so I waited until I arrived and then asked to see a room. It was kinda cute actually (unlike the Motel 6 I recently stayed at in another city!), so I checked whether the clerk could give me the Expedia rate instead of the walk-in rate. He couldn't, so I went back to the car and made the reservation online using my phone.

I definitely saved a few bucks that way (expedia was showing $34.99 plus tax, plus $9.99 for a second adult) while the walk-in rate was 59 or something for one person). I actually had to wait a while (20 minutes, maybe a bit longer) for the fax to come through to the clerk, so he could check me in, but hey, if you're watching your pennies, you do that kind of thing!

Anyway, the room was comfy. TV was in good working order (nice, clear picture), albeit an older model. Bathroom was clean, and the shower was really nice and hot. Although there was no coffee pot in the room, the coffee was already made by 6:15AM or so. Hard to complain.

One definitely negative thing about the place was, there seemed a real negative atmosphere to the place somehow - one guests seemed disgruntled and was loudly demanding a different room; a beleaguered desk clerk had a line of people all waiting for his attention, and in general, everyone just seemed like they couldn't wait to get out of there and on to wherever they were going.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review.

Motel 6 as a brand is focused on offering the best rates in their respective markets, and as such they do not offer coffee makers in the rooms, or a breakfast. This is how we are able to keep our costs down and provide the best prices to our guests.

We are sorry that you had to experience a guest complaining and seeing a lot of guests at the front desk, with being in the airport market, its hard to perdict when we have a large in-flux of guest coming to check in when there are cancelled flights.

I am glad that you found that the price you paid provided the value you were looking for and that is our main objective.

Nilesh Patel

Been to Motel 6 Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!