“Very Very Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boyle
“Very Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I was attending a conference at the Doubletree for a weekend. It is my second year in a row to visit this hotel. Overall I found the experience very pleasing again. I met Dave, the Front Office Manager, who checked me in swiftly and courteously. As a HHonors member I get free wi-fi, comp breakfast, a late check-out if required and a room upgrade. All were provided. The cookies are great but beware are a bit addictive!! My room was spotless, the bed was extremely comfy, the bathroom was well accessorised with a wonderful shower and curved rail. At all times the staff were ultra helpful, whether at the front desk, housekeeping or in the restaurant. Breakfast was the standard stuff but still enjoyable with great service. I ate dinner in the restaurant on the Saturday night and had the same experience. The menu is well thought out, good value and tries to accomodate most tastes. A car is an absolute must if you stay here but free ample parking is provided. It ticked all the boxes for me.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Muncie, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My wife, who has an anxiety dissorder,left the room to get change. She become could not remember where our room was, so shecalled the front desk. Frank told her that for my protection he could not help her without a photo id. He left her to wander the halls as if she (the customer) did not exist. Eventually she found our room, in tears, after being on several floors. I called the manager, Dave, who did nothing but backup his abusive employee. He was only capable of quoting policy, no independant thought. There were many things the staff could have done to help my wife without violating the policy. They could have put my wife on hold, and called me at the room to varify. (this of course does not disclose anything to someone they suspect may not be legit) They did nothing, they were using the policy, (hiding behind it). The managers (Dave) only concern was not for the safty of my wife,but that Frank (at the front desk), had quoted policy with a professional demeanor.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
ManagerDoubletree, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
We would like to thank you for staying with us recently and taking your time to provide us with comments regarding our service. Our mission is continuous improvement,consistent quality, and value in our product and services. We acheive this through listening to our guests, and using their feedback for improvement.

In reviewing your comments, I was extremely concerned to learn that you did not receive proper and efficient service at the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding the Identification situation. We do have a policy for the security of our guests. Unfortunately , the policy did not take into consideration the circumstance that applied to your wife. We have used your comments for revising the policy and re-training our staff .

We appreciate your staying with us and I hope you would consider staying with us in the future.
Mount Perry, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

First, the rates were way cheaper than the DoubleTree in Annapolis, MD, where we stayed earlier in the year! We spent 82 per night with AAA discount. The staff was so helpful, the room was quite clean, and the cookies were good :)
Parking was ample. We were close to many restaurants, fast food, and gas places.
Downside: The closet in our room, 609, smelled like a cat had been kept in there...the smell even permeated my suitcase...I didn't report it, but I should have.
My husband likes new towels delivered everyday without asking--this did not happen, so he downgrades it a bit.
Otherwise, good value. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

This Doubletree is a real nice hotel which is under the Hilton chain. Hilton as a whole have really dropped their standards and elegance so I was not expecting such a pleasant property.

Check in did not go smoothly. Daytime front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired. The one free cookie is nice.

WI FI is $9.95 a day so no way I was I paying that absurd charge

The rooms are big, lots of marble in the bathrooms, and air conditioning was fine. Small balcony was unsightly and the sliding doors outdated. The bed was superb and you did not fall into the middle like a taco shell. Bottled watter was Dasani not some cheap off brand.

Hotel was very quiet and the lobby is very nice and elegant

Ice Machine did not exist on my floor which was a pain. I had to go to another floor and the ice machine drain was nasty. It had black stuff all under the grate. I think that I need to start carrying an ice chest and drink only bottled drinks.

Hilton club members get a free coffee in the morning. I went down and stood 10 minutes before someone from another area in the hotel came. I wish the regular coffee girl had been there as my drink was begun disgusting. Hire some staff that know what they are doing!

Housekeeping is A+ and friendly. They understand English fine and do a great job.

Check out went ok.

Overall the hotel is elegant, but does not have the staff to back up the look. Do not expect any extras.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed here from March through May, during the week, for 3 mos. The staff couldn't have been more courteous. It became my home away from home. The GM was more than accommodating.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

We booked our room through Hotwire (3 1/2 star) and we ended up with the Doubletree. We had never stayed at a Doubletree before, so we had no idea what to expect. When checking in, we were given warm chocolate chip cookies in a paper sleeve... OMG!!! These things were AMAZING!!! We ended up buying a dozen before leaving the hotel the next morning.

Anyway, we only paid around $50 for our hotel and it was well worth it. The hotel is big like a Hilton or something and the rooms were spacious too. There was granite in the shower and bathrooms. The showers also had the curved shower curtain rod.

The hotel is a little older, but it was big and clean. I would definitely stay here again. The staff was super friendly and the location was perfect. There is laser tag , whirly ball and a Dave & Buster's just one exit up the interstate. I would seriously have paid double what we did for our stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Fort Worth. TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

I've stayed at the Double Tree every time I travel to Marietta for business. Each stay was been wonderful. The king suites are roomy, beds are very comfortable, and jacuzzi tubs are fabulous. Service has always been nice, and I have never experienced a noisy stay.

Double Tree warm cookies are a favorite too. Parking can get crowded, but I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta? Share your experiences!