“For the price, it's excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #56 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
New York, NY
“For the price, it's excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

I paid $104 (last minute deal from Marriott esavers) and it was worth every penny. The rooms are spacious studios complete with kitchenette. The decor of the room was pretty nice too.
I tend to stay at 4 and 5 star hotels when I travel but decided to stay here due to the location of where I needed to be, and I'm glad I did. There was also a really great hot buffet breakfast complete with make your own waffles, eggs, potatoes, croissants, muffins, etc.
For $104....you can't beat it. I'd definately stay here again.

• Liked — buffet breakfast
  • Disliked — could use a renovation
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

We had a three night stay at this Residence Inn in July 2007. We travel a lot on business and frequently stay at Residence Inns. Therefore we generally know what to expect. This Residence Inn is located in a pleasant and convenient area of Atlanta. The property itself is visually attractive being nicely decorated and furnished.

The staff is inconsistent. Some are very accommodating and others are indifferent. When we asked for a late checkout, the person at the desk smiled and said "you got it." However, when we first checked in, on a Sunday afternoon, and were given a second floor room, I commented that we had asked for a high floor room. This time I was told that "they are all the same."

The wired internet worked fine after I substituted my cable for the hotel cable which had a broken connector (a sign of things to come). We didn't sleep very well the first night since the closet for the air handler and AC compressor are in the bedroom and cycled on and off all night. The commode in the adjacent bathroom ran all night and kept flushing about every ten minutes. We finally switched the AC fan to "on" from "auto" and closed the bathroom door. The constant noise from the fan sort of masked the compressor cycling and the toilet flushing noises.

The next day I asked about getting the toilet fixed and the "engineer" replaced the "flapper." However this wasn't the problem and a second call indicated that the "valve assembly" probably needed replacing. However, this was never done before we left.

The sofa bed in the living room had seen better days and wasn't comfortable to sit on. We never could get the refrigerator to stop freezing our bottled water, regardless of the temperature setting (I think the control was broken). One of the wheels on the desk chair came off when I sat in the chair. When I checked it, I noticed that the bracket on the stand was broken and someone had tried to "fix" it by inserting a piece of cardboard into the broken bracket in an attempt to get the wheel to stay in the bracket. The hotel did give me another chair when I complained.

The light bulb in the desk lamp was burned out and I was told that I couldn't be given a new bulb but would have to wait for "engineering" to do it the next morning (I simply switiched bulbs with another lamp so I could keep working).

In summary, this is a nice property. My only real issue is with the location of the AC fan and compressor. However, the management needs to work harder on maintaining the property and being more responsive to their guests.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

We arrived in Atlanta after a 9 hour flight from London with 3 kids under 5, so we were tired. We booked a 2 bedroom room and the suite was huge with a full kitchen and two bathrooms. The room was absolutely spotless as was the whole hotel. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are pretty nice. The hotel attracts a really friendly clientel and even teenagers greeted us politely in the lifts. The breakfast room is very nice serving a great range of hot and cold items complimentary - there is even two waffle irons. The location is a great base from which to explore atlanta. A walk away from the main park and a few blocks from the aquarium. All in all a great hotel and if you are travelling with a family an absolutely unbeatable stop off in atlanta.

• Liked — Big rooms, friendly staff and great location
  • Disliked — Valet charges
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

I recently spent a week at this Residence Inn working on a trial at the federal courthouse (about a 12-minute drive). Thus, I needed room to spread out, a (complimentary) cable connection for my laptop, a decent desk, and a kitchenette so I would not have to eat out all of the time. I had a very pleasant, spacious one-bedroom suite that fit the bill. The bed was good but a little soft for my tastes. Also the cover was not particularly warm when the temperatures started dropping. The staff, overall, were very friendly and helpful. The decor of this hotel is fairly upscale for this type of property; it seems to have been recently renovated. The parking is valet only and a little pricey ($19.50 a night), run by a separate contractor. However, the parking employees were also very congenial and there is "in and out" service for the daily fee. There is a Kroger grocery store about a mile away where you can shop to stock the equipped kitchen, or the hotel has a complimentary grocery shopping service. They also sell a few grocery items in the lobby, and you can order "room service" from a nearby restaurant, the Madison Grill. The included buffet breakfast has some limited hot items that are pretty decent, although service is with disposables. Monday - Friday they serve complimentary beer and wine and food items between 5 - 7pm in the same area where breakfast is seved. Marriott is now entirely nonsmoking, which is a big plus for me. The only thing I did not appreciate at this hotel were some overpowering perfume-like odors that seemed to be intentionally piped into the lobby and the elevators. I highly recommend this Residence Inn.

• Liked — Spacious room with separate bedroom
  • Disliked — Strong perfume odors in lobby and elevator
  • Tips/Secrets — Try out the complimentary grocery shopping service
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

I actually stayed here last December for a birthday weekend. I plan to stay here again this year & felt compelled to write a review! We had a standard room which comfortably fit me and 3 friends. The rooms are soooo much more nicer than what you'd normally think of hotels with fridges and such in the room. Very tasteful and jazzy, with artsy pieces on the wall. There was Christmas jazz playing in the elevator areas, which I thought was really cool. You get a discount at the bar/grill next door. The staff & drinks were wonderful!

The hotel is located 1/2 a block from the High Museum, so you can easily walk there. We had great service, the front desk helped us with directions to local sites. We spent aome time in the recreation room, which is where breakfast is served. It is set up like a large living room, very cozy. We shot many free games of pool in there, which we had all to ourselves. I guess everyone else was out sightseeing! The breakfast was immense & all you can eat.

All in all, this is a hotel I would reccomend to people of all ages. It doesn't feel family oriented nor does it feel adults only, it is just a cool little place that feels very homey for a hotel. It was quiet and is very close to things like the Fox, Coca-Cola, and such. The only attraction you can walk to is the High Museum and you'd have to drive or take MARTA to other locations. Very pleased with my stay!

• Liked — The location and front desk staff.
  • Disliked — The parking. There is valet, you have to pay, but that's to be expected downtown.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

Stayed here for 7 nights on business trip. Stayed in roomy 1 bdrm suite w/ kitchen that had full-size fridge. Hotel offers free internet access, free breakfast daily, and happy hour Mon-Thu. Location was fantastic - across the street from museum of art, walking distance to piedmont park and close to freeway and atlantic station shopping. The only downside was parking fee of $19.00/day and it's valet only.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Valet Parking
  • Tips/Secrets — buy snacks at supermarket before arriving at hotel
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

I stayed here for a conference in Atlanta for six nights. The staff are beyond friendly. The room was not just comfortable, it was lovely. The bed had a feathertop mattress, the kitchen was sparkling and had all the tools I needed, and the bathroom vanity had plenty of drawers in which to stash my cosmetics. (I hate leaving all that stuff on the counter!)

Every morning there is a hot breakfast, and the food is decent and varies from day to day. Every evening they have a 2-hour "social hour" with free wine, beer and hot snacks.

The neighborhood is fairly quiet for being on a busy street- I could hear a little traffic from my 5th floor window, but it wasn't annoying. The neighborhood is nice- museums and restaurants pretty near by. There is a MARTA station about three blocks away.

Cons:
-It costs $19 per night to park a car there. Yikes! I know it's a small location and they don't have much parking space, but dang. On top of a tip for the valets, that's pricey.
-I witnessed a fistfight between a parking valet and someone who was trying to break into cars! A little unsettling, but other workers came out quickly and took care of it. So the neighborhood looks safe, but beware...
-There are no stores nearby, which makes the kitchenette a little useless. Although they are fine with you taking food from breakfast and social hour back to your room.

I'd definitely stay here again. This place was an oasis away from the bustle of the convention center. The staff went above and beyond to help me out!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown / 17th Street? Share your experiences!