“Not to normal Holiday Inn Standards "DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL"” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #135 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Not to normal Holiday Inn Standards "DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I travelled from Florida to Georgia for 3 days having previously spent time in an excellent Travel Inn at Florida. I booked into the Northlake Inn at Atlanta, GA expecting the same service as Florida, unfortunately I was very disappointed, these are a few of the areas why I wouldn't recommend or stop at this hotel ever again. "DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL"

1. At check-in I usually am offered a bottle of water and snack as a club member, this was not offered at all, and there was no water in the room.
2. Only 1 ice machine on all five floors was working.
3. The drinks machine on level 5, should hold 8 drinks to chose from, only 1 working which was diet coke, not everyone wants diet drinks
4. Carpet in my room was stained and dirty. had to wear socks all the time as the floor was so sticky/dirty,
5. Desk has black stains all under it like its growing mould.
6. The socket on the bedside table does not work, which I was not aware off till I went to use my lap-top which had not charged up.
7. The furniture was old, torn and worn, with black mould in one of the set of draws, so unable to put clothes away tidy.
8. Advertising a microwave in the room sounds great; unfortunately it looks like it has never been clean for many months, white all over the door and inside, not sure if it has magnets growing? couldn't use it, and don't wish to touch it inside, this is a serious health and safety food hygiene issue, needs reporting to Health & Safety, I couldn't heat food in this hotel, had to go to the shopping mall round corner to eat all meals.
9. Don't expect to get any food at this hotel, as there was not one person in the restaurant at 8pm, yet I waited 1 hour for Burger & Chips, they advertised around 6 deserts on the menu for room service, "yet not 1 desert was available, very poor service but a " good way to lose weight staying at this hotel.
10. Advertises Beer & wine for Government rates, never received any drinks, not even water in the rooms husband is ex-forces, very poor service.
11. Only 1 holiday brochure to look at tourist information in the entrance lobby, very poor
12. Carpet is stained terrible in the hall entrance of level 5, & smells as if someone has been sick, the smell is horrendous and needs addressing, smell never goes away it was there for all 3 days while at this hotel.
13. The toilet basin is broken/cracked in room 515 so doesn't fit at the back of the toilet, the toilet door at the back has stains all over it; not been cleaned for many months, this hotel has a serious cleaning issues. No dirty plastic cups removed from when the cleaners have been in to clean the rooms,
14. Safety deposit did not work, had to carry passports around and valuables
Do not stop at this hotel if you're not prepared to slum it, I was charged a reduced Government rate of $99:00 a night, it's not worth $50:00 a night.

Despite the poor hotel, i loved Atlanta, visiting the Zoo is a must for adults and children to see the 6 month baby Panda "twins" is a must, they are beautiful, i will be back to visit Atlanta, just not at t

Room Tip: This hotel had dirty carpets, fridge, & microwave, smells appalling, lift keeps you awake all n...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Julie c,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

So many things, I’m not sure where to begin. Getting on the elevator from the lobby to the fourth floor was an experience. The elevator interior was all banged up and the doors had major scratches on them, not to mention the noise and shakiness of the ride made me wonder if I’d sooner see the first floor again before I got to the fourth. The hallway on the fourth floor is in need of repair and updating with damaged wall coverings, stained carpets, damaged room number signs and damaged door handles. My room (401) was not much better. The desk in the room had food between the glass top and the wood desk top (not clean). The large, flat screen TV had the worst picture I’d seen on a TV since the antenna age. The alarm clock had not been changed from daylight savings time and there was no way I could find to change it. There was a double duplex electrical cut-out in the wall, but only one receptacle and no cover plate (exposed electrical wires). One light was burned out and did not work. Both sides of the bathroom door had panel and paint damage. Some of the furniture had laminate peeling off the pressboard in some places. The showerhead and bathtub drain were both dirty. The water pressure in the shower was barely enough to rinse under. There were also stains on the bathroom walls. Lastly, when I first got into bed, I thought the bed was very comfortable. But when I woke up, I had several red spots on both legs that were itching very badly. I’m not claiming bed bugs, it could have been a reaction to the detergent used to wash the sheets, but I stay in a lot of hotels and have never had this before nor did I have an issue with the towels.
The last time I was in this area, I stayed at the Hampton Inn right around the corner and I will stay there next time. The Hampton Inn was far superior and I say that as a proud Holiday Inn Platinum member. I do not recommend this hotel based on my experience, especially when I know of a better option nearby. Maybe I got a bad room, but based on the condition of things outside of my room, I doubt that is the case.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
atlnl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks again for your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us this time was disappointing. I have shared the comments with our owner and our staff. We our committed to giving excellent customer service as well as making sure the quality of our hotel is up to a high standard. We are aware of the furnishing in a few of our rooms that have had more wear and tear then others since our renovation in 2008 and we are diligently working to get cushions as well as other furnishings replaced. If you decide to give us another try the next time you are visiting our area. Please give me a call. Again thanks for being a loyal priority member and taking the time out to give us the feedback on your stay with us

Sincerely
Kennlyn Forbes
770-934-6000 ext 122
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and i stayed for several days while our grand baby had open heart surgery . The staff became family. They ask about our baby everyday and even prayed for him. They were very sincere personable people right down to the kitchen workers. We loved the hotel also. It was extremely clean and comfortable. We will stay there again

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks again for your feedback. The staff all enjoyed getting to know you and your grand baby is in our prayers. We strive to ensure we give excellent customer service and always enjoy reading the feedback from our guests. Please come back and visit the next time you are in the Atlanta area.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed in this Holiday Inn for business. We choose it because it was located next to the office we had a meeting at. It is in the suburbs of Atlanta. It is a standard Holiday Inn hotel but I was surprise how nice and careful was the staff. Even at the breakfast in the morning, the ladies were very kind and nice. A very good way to start your day! You can see they care for the costumer!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fruitland Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our room was nice. I didn't feel it was unclean. We were comfortable our whole stay and the staff was all very nice and friendly. There were just a lot of cosmetic things in the room. A lamp with no bulb, electric outlet hanging out of the wall, no hair dryer, the sink faucet was not attached to the counter. Nothing that affected our stay but felt a little more effort could be put into maintaining the rooms. Over all we were happy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel over three nights for a special group event that took over the entire hotel, and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. The bed was comfortable, the room spacious, and the breakfast buffet was awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Onawa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions. All of the staff are friendly and help to make your stay the best it can be. They do a good job of keeping the hotel and grounds clean. The wait staff in the resturant are so nice they almost treat you like family. They really made my vacation relaxing and more enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!