I travelled from Florida to Georgia for 3 days having previously spent time in an excellent Travel Inn at Florida. I booked into the Northlake Inn at Atlanta, GA expecting the same service as Florida, unfortunately I was very disappointed, these are a few of the areas why I wouldn't recommend or stop at this hotel ever again. "DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL"
1. At check-in I usually am offered a bottle of water and snack as a club member, this was not offered at all, and there was no water in the room.
2. Only 1 ice machine on all five floors was working.
3. The drinks machine on level 5, should hold 8 drinks to chose from, only 1 working which was diet coke, not everyone wants diet drinks
4. Carpet in my room was stained and dirty. had to wear socks all the time as the floor was so sticky/dirty,
5. Desk has black stains all under it like its growing mould.
6. The socket on the bedside table does not work, which I was not aware off till I went to use my lap-top which had not charged up.
7. The furniture was old, torn and worn, with black mould in one of the set of draws, so unable to put clothes away tidy.
8. Advertising a microwave in the room sounds great; unfortunately it looks like it has never been clean for many months, white all over the door and inside, not sure if it has magnets growing? couldn't use it, and don't wish to touch it inside, this is a serious health and safety food hygiene issue, needs reporting to Health & Safety, I couldn't heat food in this hotel, had to go to the shopping mall round corner to eat all meals.
9. Don't expect to get any food at this hotel, as there was not one person in the restaurant at 8pm, yet I waited 1 hour for Burger & Chips, they advertised around 6 deserts on the menu for room service, "yet not 1 desert was available, very poor service but a " good way to lose weight staying at this hotel.
10. Advertises Beer & wine for Government rates, never received any drinks, not even water in the rooms husband is ex-forces, very poor service.
11. Only 1 holiday brochure to look at tourist information in the entrance lobby, very poor
12. Carpet is stained terrible in the hall entrance of level 5, & smells as if someone has been sick, the smell is horrendous and needs addressing, smell never goes away it was there for all 3 days while at this hotel.
13. The toilet basin is broken/cracked in room 515 so doesn't fit at the back of the toilet, the toilet door at the back has stains all over it; not been cleaned for many months, this hotel has a serious cleaning issues. No dirty plastic cups removed from when the cleaners have been in to clean the rooms,
14. Safety deposit did not work, had to carry passports around and valuables
Do not stop at this hotel if you're not prepared to slum it, I was charged a reduced Government rate of $99:00 a night, it's not worth $50:00 a night.
Despite the poor hotel, i loved Atlanta, visiting the Zoo is a must for adults and children to see the 6 month baby Panda "twins" is a must, they are beautiful, i will be back to visit Atlanta, just not at t
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Tucker