“What A Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #137 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“What A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love this Hotel! My husband and I needed to get away so we purchased the "Romantic Get Away" that holiday inn has to offer. When we got there we found a bottle of champagne,(chilled) waiting for us in our beautiful room. We had a gourmet steak dinner, cooked to perfection, served by the most friendly staff. The cook even came out to make sure everything was to our liking. It was a great experience and well worth the price, which was very reasonable for what we received.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The rooms have been updated and are pretty nice, equivalent to what I would want from a 100/night hotel. The sink is in the room and not where the shower was. That did not matter much, but the shower and the caulking was probably the least nice thing. Both lamps on either side of the bed had electrical outlets. Neither of them worked. Also, the phone by the bed did not work. "auto" on the ac window unit did not work. It was either 'on' or 'off'. Felt guilty running it the entire night. Clean. Rooms nicer than the lobby. Has a breakfast, but I did not get it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ReeseRunner,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Property looks well worn and beaten up. Upon entering the room, the trash from the last residents had not been cleaned-up, carpet needed a very thorough cleaning, furniture looked like it had seen alot of use, I would not sit on the sofa because it appeared dirty, and the bedspread had spots on it. Room not too well lit. Staff were courteous and it is convenient if you have business in the Northlake/Tucker/Decatur area. Would not stay there again though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
atlnl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about our Holiday Inn. It is very inportant to us that our guests our happy and comfortable when staying with us. We have talked with our kitchen staff as well as our housekeeping staff. Our owner is very committed to continuously making inprovements to our hotel as well as ensuring that he has the right team in place.Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and given the team the opportunity to improve in the future. I assure you we have implemented measures to prevent this incident from recurring with any of our guests in the future. I would love to have you as our guests in the coming future. It will be complementary room for one night, so we can truly show our true hospitality and service, I can’t thank you enough for bringing this to our attention, I assure you this incident is an isolated incident and I assure you it was corrected. Thank you again for your feedback, Do not hesitate to call me my number is 770-934-6000 ext 122
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Gave the hotel a second opportunity with poor results. Hotel is just maybe average with the normal Holiday Inn "fresh feel" just not there. The restaurant was poorly staffed and the breakfast buffet great if you like burnt bacon, dry sausage, and dry scrambled eggs. The kitchen staff likes to wander around a lot which adds to the ambience.
Lots of loud staff conversations at the front desk to go along with the poor breakfast. The hotel is very reflective of the carpet in the office behind the front desk, sad to say it in plain language. Kind of like all are pretending to play hotel and are not very good at it. Elevators were inspected but looked and felt/sounded like they were on their last leg. Maintenance looked poor overall. I definately will stay down the street next time.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Gary S,

Thank you for choosing us again and for the time to write your experience in your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the breakfast and hotel staff may have caused during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I will follow up with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Fayetteville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a "suite" that was more like a king bed with a couch off to the side. It was small, especially with the sofa bed pulled out. We had to squeeze inbetween spots, which was incredibly annoying. Several times I asked for more pillows and was denied. The breakfast was very good, but I felt as though the employees were very rude to other guests. Not us, but the group of Asian-americans staying. They constantly made snide comments about them being cheap and NOT ONCE did they offer then drinks, while they poured ours any time we drunk a sip. We had to stay in the area for an extra day for an emergency and when we called downstairs, we asked if the price would be the same. They told us it would be $119 the next night, so we packed our things to leave. What do they do when we get down there? Offer the room for $70. We've already packed, and don't feel like staying, especially after being tricked like that. We left and went a few streets over to the Hampton Inn -- much better service!

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Aja B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I'm sorry the service you received from our staff did not live up to your expectations. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night recently and were very happy with our stay. When we got there, we noticed there was a huge (and very loud) party in the parking lot by the pool. When I asked to have a room on an upper floor and away from the noise, they did exactly that. The hallway on our floor was littered with trash, presumably from where they were cleaning rooms but it was cleaned up when we went out later. The rooms were updated and very clean and the beds were fantastic! I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. With a family of four and a preteen, this makes life so much easier. There are quite a few places to eat around the area. We went to the movie theater across the street that served dinner in the movie. It was very nice, but we drove to an authentic thai restaurant for dinner (Mai Thai). It was fantastic! The breakfast in the morning was possibly the best free breakfast I have ever had! Be sure to ask for your breakfast vouchers when you check in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a family reunion (about 65 family members) for which all of our family stayed 5 nights in multiple rooms. To say that the staff from the front desk, to the kitchen, to maintenance was accommodating is an under statement. Everyone was excellent and the breakfast was better then breakfast at 4 star hotels that's not included in the cost of the room. Every need that we had was quickly and efficiently met. I could not have picked a better location for my family to stay. At the end of our time there we all felt as if we were leaving part of our family behind. Excellent job staff and as a result of the great time that we had my family has asked that we find another Holiday Inn for next years reunion and has vowed to patronize Holiday Inn locations as often as possible. Thanks so much for making our time with you so great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!