“Excellent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Epping, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Wonderful hotel, clean fresh rooms, bathroom nice and clean....no hair drier though in our room.
Breakfast bar .....superb....
Would stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Ground floor was good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel in two opportunities because is a block fron the USCIS office and it is in a good location (close to the Northlake mall too). You don't even have to think about breakfast: their breakfast is good!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I had an experience a week ago in this hotel. The food was terrible the service was even worse. I called to order room service and the lady asked me," Do you want me to deliver it? It is going to cost you $4!" Wow what a bad experience! The food was the worst I have ever experienced in 12 years staying with loyal Holiday Inn! Matt

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Maryland USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This hotel is an older, "old school" Holiday Inn. For my second stay I will list my positive and negative impressions. I think I would only stay again if the negative issues I found during my stay are worked on.

Positive:

Front desk and all staff at the property are very responsive and friendly.
Grounds are immaculate! Palm trees and hotel is located in a quiet area. Plenty of parking.
On the night I arrived they had a happy hour with free food and beer!
Best Priority Club welcome goodie bag ever!
Nice breakfast and I think they serve dinner although I did not eat dinner. Nice bar with two TV's.
Largest business business center I ever saw in a HI. Clean and bright!
Nice clean and bright gym.
Outside pool.

Lot's of positives but the room was terrible:

First floor room. Wireless internet was terrible. I gave up and went to lobby.
Toilet seat had seen better days. It weighed a ton and looked like it had been around the block It would not stay up either!
All electrical outlets near desk, including two on the desk lamp itself would not work.
No clock anywhere.
No dedicated TV remote, only a small one for the DVD player which probably could not work because there were no outlets.
Other outlets in the room may have worked but they were so old that anything I plugged into them fell out. Just replace the outlets, not a big deal or expense.

Room had a 32" flat screen, new Art Deco furniture and the bathroom was roomy and the shower was fine.

I hope they will fix the issues with the room so I can stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Kingsland, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We traveled to Atlanta for a wedding and stayed at this hotel. We have never been dissappointed by a holiday and this one was no exception. The staff was friendly, hotel was clean, room was ready upton arrival & breakfast was very good. The room was clean and bathroom was spotless. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable. We had a problem with our TV and someone from the staff responded quickly to our call. (The cable cord was missing). We have no complaints and would gladly stay at the hotel again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about the wonderful the staff of the Atlanta Northlake Holiday Inn! Our guests were overjoyed at the rooms (VERY nicely updated!) and loved the full breakfast that was included. The staff made sure any slight problems were handled right away and were a pleasure to deal with.

After our wedding, the party moved to the hotel's pool area where family and friends lingered well past the posted closing time. Thankfully they were respectful of the other guests and I'm so pleased that the staff allowed them this extra time together.

A special note about the waitress at breakfast: She took especially good care of my new family by fixing sweet tea for my sister in law, even though it is not normally served at breakfast. VERY nice and kind of her. My husband and I were able to join the group on Mother's Day morning and were welcomed warmly as well.

Thanks to Kennlynn and the gang for the PERFECT home base for our wedding guests!

Room Tip: Located in Tucker- doesn't show up in search??
  • Stayed May 2010
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

We landed at Peachtree Dekalb Airport, and this hotel was our choice to be based at. It is within easy driving distance of all the attractions such as the Atlanta Aquarium, World of Coke and CNN. It has a great shopping mall right behind, but also an easy drive to Buckhead for shopping. The staff at this hotel are the finest we have ever experienced at a hotel, all of them but especially Millie the bartender (she's awesome!) and the cooks do an amazing job of breakfasts and evening meals (which seem even better when enjoyed at the bar with Millie and other very friendly guests.) Very clean, very comfortable beds. Felt like home with family! Very safe location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta - Northlake? Share your experiences!