“Energetic GM and Everyone CARES!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Cobb Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save Online
Ranked #64 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans
“Energetic GM and Everyone CARES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reallly liked how the GM was energetic with her team during the morning stand up meeting. Everyone really seems to CARE at this property. The morning breakfast attendant always said good morning and inquired if there was something else she could get for us. The room was refreshed on a daily basis with all of the guest supplies and proper turn down service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear DouglasD471

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Making sure our guests feel welcomed and at home is very important to us because as you said, we really do care that our guests have a wonderful experience here. Odulia, our breakfast attendant, is an amazing member of our team and I am happy to hear she was able to accommodate you during your stay. I will pass on the compliment to her as we always love to let our employees know when they are recognized by guests for their outstanding performance. Thank you again for the wonderful review and we hope to see you soon!

Rebecca Hamby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I spent 5 nights here on business. Housekeeping didn't leave shampoo; I had to go to the front desk and ask for some and on Wednesday morning I had a cold shower; it started warm and quickly became cold. I went to the front desk to let them know and they grudgingly offered me some HHonors Points to "make up for it". On the last night they left a card in my room that said, and I quote, "If you are not EXTREMELY SATISFIED, please let us know prior to checking out...if we are unable to correct the issue to your satisfaction that night's stay is on us." Well I already let them know I was not satisfied so this guarantee is a load of baloney. The eggs at breakfast were inedible 2 out of the 5 mornings; how can you mess up eggs? The key card access on the exterior doors did not work very well but then the exterior doors didn't like to lock anyway. The room was very dim especially in the kitchen area and the TV would not show what channel you were watching. The last morning the toilet decided to overflow, which I thought was apt giving it didn't really want to flush anyway.

Dear ICClearly,

I appreciate your honest feedback and I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland we always strive to maintain the best possible service and hospitality. In an effort to make up for your inconveniences, we offered you HHonors points. You should have received HHonors points that are equal to 1 night stay. If you were not awarded the equivalent please let me know and I can make sure you receive additional points. If you prefer to have a free night stay instead of the HHonors points, please let me know and I can take care of one night for you. I am glad that our maintenance staff was able to fix the issues with your water and again I apologize. Additionally, you should know that I have made my chief engineer aware of the issues with Building E doors as well as your room conditions. I assure you that the issues you had while staying with us are not typical here and I sincerely apologize. I hope the next time you are in the Atlanta area you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. For additional points and to speak about your recent stay more indepth, please call me at 770-988-9449 or email me at Rebecca.Hamby@hilton.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped at this Homewood Suites on the way to Florida. Reserved the 2 bedroom suite. Room was very nice as the bedrooms were sectioned off from the kitchen/living room area. Each bedroom had a full bathroom. The fireplace was nice. This is an older type Homewood Suites and the room lighting was dim, it needs to be updated. The furniture was worn, but it was not a problem. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the free breakfast. I always stay at the Homewood suite properties. Was not able to use the outside pool due to the colder weather.

Room Tip: I always choose the highest floor possible so I do not hear people walking above me. I try to stay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear getty2go,

Thank you for stopping at our hotel during your travels to Florida! We love welcoming new guests to our property. I am very happy that your overall experience here was pleasant and that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I have shared your concerns in regards to the lighting in your suite and the conditions of the furnishings with our Chief Engineer in an effort to avoid the recurrence. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the issues will be addressed immediately. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful feedback! We look forward to having you back the next time you come through Atlanta so you can go for a swim in the pool!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel each time I am in the Atlanta area whether for business or leisure. It gives me the comfort and convenience of home when I am away. The staff is very accomodating and they consistently go the extra mile to make you feel welcomed. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area: Copeland's, The Cheesecake Factory, Maggiano's, etc. There's a movie theatre and a mall nearby as well.

Dear Shannon V,

What a wonderful post! We are very grateful for your kind words. Our team here works very hard to ensure all of our guests are happy. We aim to provide sincere service, as your happiness is of our utmost importance. The next time you are here, you should check with our guest service associate’s at the front desk for some additional options for restaurants and activities in the area. There are lots of fantastic options! Thank you again for your review! We can’t wait to welcome you home soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at Homewood in Atlanta for business. Excellent breakfast, they used real whole eggs and not powdered eggs like other hotels. Dinner consisted of salmon with salad and the quality was excellent. Undoubtedly the best hotel I ever stayed for business. Convenient to the Galleria Shopping Mall.

Dear Alan F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us during your business travels! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland, we want all of our guests to feel at home. Part of maintaining our home like atmosphere is being able to provide our guest with home style meals. I am overjoyed that you thought both our breakfast and dinner were delicious. Thank you again for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We travel to Atlanta fairly regularly and have had very bad experiences at the Hampton Inn at Northlake. Even though this is closer to our destination than the Galleria area, we chose to drive farther to get more helpful, courteous service. Although it is 15 minutes further to drive, it is well worth the difference for the service. I can't think of anything that can destroy a trip more than an unpleasant atmosphere caused by poor service. Both the Galleria Hampton Inn and Galleria Homewood Suites provide great service, comfortable and clean rooms and an overall pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Grateful155019,

It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home while you were in Atlanta! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor community. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the service we provided you. Thank you again for the review. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Warm Regards,
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I always stay at Homewood's, this one kind of let me down though. I didn't get the room I prepaid for, the front office suggested I check back the next morning to see if one was available. I didn't bother, who wants to reload luggage and move from one room to another. The room I had was alot smaller than what my family (me, hubby and two kids) needed.
I was dissappointed by the small variety in the breakfast buffet. The others I'd been to had a large variety of foods. I did eat a breakfast, so I won't complain.
Overall, not a bad stay, these were the issues that stuck out with me.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites without the fireplaces are very small. The kitchen and living area are just...
Dear Chelle R,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Atlanta! The Homewood Suites Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer each of our guests. I can understand how not being able to receive the room type you booked can be frustrating, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience for you and your family. Additionally, I apologize our breakfast was less than satisfactory as it is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. If you have the time I would love to speak with you about your stay in hopes to reconcile and be given a second chance to exceed your expectations the next time you’re in Atlanta! You can reach me at 770.988.9449 ext 519. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor family!

Rebecca Hamby

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!