“Good value for the price we paid!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Cobb Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Spring/Summer Rates
Ranked #48 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good value for the price we paid!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you're planning to stay here during weekdays, I really recommend this place. Our stay here from Mon - Thurs came with breakfast, dinner with wine and beer. A lot of business people and families stay here. The gift shop is right by the front desk, and there are tea/coffee available all the time at the lounge. No washer/dryer in the unit but there is a coin operated machine at the registration building. The room was tired but we loved this condo-like unit which made us feel safe and comfortable, especially when the staff were very warm, helpful and friendly. Traveling with dogs? No problem - this hotel is a pet friendly one. Free parking and internet. Overall, this hotel was more that what I expected, definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Closer to the the front desk building would have easy access to breakfast, dinner, laundry, and gift...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us during your recent visit to Atlanta! I am thrilled that you were pleased with your suite and that we were able to make you feel at home with not only our service but our breakfast, dinner, free wifi, and coffee bar. We always strive to leave everyone with a positive and lasting impression, so I am delighted to learn that we were able to do that. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Atlanta!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Northport, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I Was in town for my anniversary and decided to spend one night at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria. Arrived a little early for check-in but that was not a problem. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and check-in was a breeze. The only problem encountered was upon check-out I had pre-paid for the room online and the receptionist did not notice this and swiped my credit card. Therefore I was charged twice for the room, I recommend that when paying in advance make sure before you leave that your credit card is not charged twice. Other than that I had a wonderful stay and would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor family! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to accommodate every guest that walks through our doors so I am happy to hear that we were able to check you in early. I apologize about the double charge upon checkout. I spoke with my Guest Service Manager about the issue and she informed me she actually spoke to you on the phone and was able to delete the charge immediately. So I am glad she was able to resolve this issue effectively. In addition, she has created a new guideline for our Guest Service Agents to ensure that a mistake like this does not happen in the future. I apologize again for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

First time visitor to Atlanta on business. I was a bit apprehensive about booking at this hotel because some of the prior reviews were not very complimentary. Well, after staying there for a solid week, I can say those reviews were wrong! The staff was extremely helpful, courteous, and professional. The breakfasts and dinners were plentiful and delicious. Housekeeping did one excellent job of providing a clean and comfortable room. Their rooms were clean and comfortable. This property is centrally located, and near restaurants and shopping. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with our TripAdvisor community! It brings me joy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to leave an everlasting impression on all of our guests, so I am thrilled to hear that we were able to do that. Your kind words in regards to our staff and amenities are greatly appreciated. Having the delicious breakfast and dinner is always a great amenity to have when away from home. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again very soon during your next visit to the Galleria area!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

After arriving at the hotel hungry and tired, I was given a quick check-in and told about the internet, dinner, and breakfast. What got my attention was that they were all complimentary--No nickel and diming! Did I get what I paid for? Yes! The dinner was very good: Salmon, potatos, and veggies the first night--and beer! The ambiance was very comfortable. My compliments to the chef and the hotel. And of course, I showed-up for breakfast. Also well done with bacon/sausage, eggs, potatos, waffle machine, fruit and drink assortment. The internet was easy and fast.

Now the room. Well, we were not happy with the odor in the room because of an inconsiderate prior guest who decided to smoke in a non-smoking room. When I told someone at the hotel, I expected the usual "sorry about that" reply--not this staff. They promply addressed my problem by offering another room or using a machine to deoderize. The next night we stayed in a very fresh smelling room for the duration. What I like most about this hotel besides the complimentary items, which make you feel more at home, was the effort made to make my stay a good one. The staff even left treats on our door on Thanksgiving.

If you ever wondered what service use to be like, stay here and find out. If you're unhappy with anything, don't grumble and complain later. Tell them, and they will make it right. What a great stay.

Room Tip: Second floors are recommended if you don't have kids; otherwise, you may here little feet throug...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community! It was a pleasure to welcome you into our home! I appreciate your kind words in regards to our staff and amenities and will definitely pass along your praise in an effort for our team to continue to improve. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites, wonderful breakfast and dinner, and easy and secure Wi-Fi! Although you experienced a bad odor in your suite, I am happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in resolving this issue promptly. Our goal is to leave an ever lasting impression on each guest, so I am thrilled to hear that we were able to do that. Once again, thank you for your amazing feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back into our home if you are ever in the Atlanta-Galleria area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Convenient location, friendly and professional staff! Fast internet and outstanding breakfast! IcIcan go on and on. Best value for your money. Our room was clean and very pet friendly. Will definitely stay again when we go back in Atlanta. Thanks Homewood Suites!

• Stayed November 2012
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! It brings me great joy to know that we exceeded your expectations. We strive to be the best in service and accommodations, so I am thrilled to hear that we were able to do that. As you’ve mentioned, waking up to a delicious breakfast and being greeted by our warm and friendly staff is a great way to start your day. We appreciate you sharing your experiences with our TripAdvisor community and look forward to welcoming you back into our home if your travels bring you back to the Atlanta-Galleria area!

Barnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great stay, terrific room, maid service was spot on every time, breakfast was very satisfying. Felt like home didn't want to leave. The room was clean, large enough for 1 person, free WIFI, free parking and close location to Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you into our home and I appreciate your kind words in regards to our service and accommodations. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests so I am overjoyed to hear that we were able to do just that. As you’ve mentioned, we are a great location for many of the local attractions. Our delicious breakfast, complimentary WIFI, and complimentary parking is always a plus to have while away from home. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and promise to strive to keep you happy each time you return. Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and we look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you into our home again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on business.

After the first night, I called the front desk because I found dry blood on one of the pillows. To make a long story short, the hotel moved my room because they said another guest, in the same room, had bed bug issues the night before I checked it. They assumed the blood was mine.

I understand that these things happen, but the way the hotel handled it was completely unprofessional. When I escalated my complaint to Hilton, they redirected back to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for providing honest feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. It is disheartening that you had to experience a less than satisfactory stay. The comfort, health and safety of our guests are of the utmost importance. First and foremost it should be noted that this matter was taken very seriously and addressed immediately. Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is not a bed bug problem here at our hotel. Despite this isolated incident, anytime a guest is not satisfied or not comfortable for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

We want you to know that upon your report to our front desk, the room was inspected and immediately taken off-line, followed by a thorough professional examination. It was not until both the professional pest company and the management staff were 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory. We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced and that you were less than satisfied with how we responded. I am aware that our General Manager spoke with you in regards to what we could to do rectify the situation as we want our guests to feel confident that we did everything in our power. As mentioned earlier, this situation is very rare so if there is something we could improve on , please feel free to email me at Lindsey.martindale@hilton.com.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback and I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. I hope that you will allow us the chance to prove that we are the best in service and accommodations by welcoming you back into our home if your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Lindsey Martindale

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!