“Good hotel, great amenities!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 Cobb Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save Online
Ranked #63 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good hotel, great amenities!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Good hotel, great amenities!!
I had a very nice 5 night stay at Homewood Suites. The room was clean, large enough for 1 person, free WIFI, free parking and close location to Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. Kitchenette was useful with a Kroger's Grocery just one block away. I looked forward to the complimentary breakfast and evening snacks (lite dinner) which changed daily and always included a salad bar which was very nice. Front desk staff were engaging and helpful.
A couple cons: The noise from other guests and housekeeping makes an afternoon nap quite impossible, housekeeping are extremely loud and the walls of the room are paper thin. Also, there are some issues with mold and rust in the bathroom. The rooms show some signs of age.
Overall, the free meal, free parking, clean room and what felt to be a very safe neighborhood in Atlanta would definitely attract me to staying here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our enticing amenities, our convenient location, and most importantly our warm and generous staff. These amenities are always a plus for guests who are traveling away from home for more than a couple of nights. I apologize for the noise disturbance that you experienced while you were here with us. My Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of your concerns regarding the Suite-keepers’ level of noise when traveling throughout the building in an effort to make improvements for the future. Also, you mentioned some issues with mold and rust in the bathroom. We take these issues very seriously, so if you have the time to give further details that would be great. I would be happy to personally look into any specific issues you encountered during your stay so that these issues do not reoccur in the future. I can be reached at 770-988-9449- or Lindsey.martindale@Hilton.com. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I look forward to welcoming you back into our home when your travels bring you back to the Atlanta-Galleria area.
Lindsey Martindale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The suites are rather spacious and full of comforts. Breakfast service works well, and they vary foods on a daily basis. One thing which was not as good as expected was the pool, which is a bit small. and not very private. They did not change our towels on our second day, so I just hope it is not a common characteristic in the service. Overall, good hotel, good service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our TripAdvisor community! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service and accommodations. As part of Hilton’s Green Initiative program, we refresh towels every 3rd day of your stay in order to preserve water. However, we can provide fresh towels upon request. Typically there are hang tags in the room explaining this procedure, so I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and I can assure you that the Executive Housekeeper has been made aware of this and it will be resolved. Thank you again for your time and I hope that you will allow us the chance to welcome you back into our home if your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area.
Jackson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

we had a great stay at the homewood suites this past week, it was our 1st time there & we loved it!. the atmosphere & ammenities & staff were great!. we will be back in feb to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversay. the rooms were very spacious & had everything we needed. a special thanks to Elisha on staff who went above & beyond to make our stay special!. thanks for the good memories homewood suites, we will see you again soon! .....Sandra & Danny

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We greatly appreciate you sharing such a terrific review with our TripAdvisor Community! It brings me great joy to see that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites, our hot full breakfast, our Suite Shop, the service provided to you during your stay, and that you found our staff to be warm and courteous. We strive to leave everyone with a positive and lasting impression, so I am pleased to hear that we were able to do that. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having another opportunity to have you as our guest soon!

Morrow, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

It felt like 100 degrees on the interstate and my air had stopped working in my restored 1966 Mustang. I googled what was near and picked the Homewood Suites. I saw the sign about not responsible for vehicle and items, but I figured that's almost everywhere now and it's well insured.
I told the gentlemen at the front desk that I needed a room immediately or I may pass out. I got a special price and a really nice room on the third floor. I was so impressed with the look of the room that I took a photo and emailed it to a friend. It looked like a resort. The room had a well decorated den, kitchenette, and a separate bedroom with bathroom. The only thing missing was a hot tub. Everything looked new. The den had a new flatscreen tv, sofa, love seat, and table. The kitchenette had an almost fullsize refrigerator, cabinets with sink, dishwasher, microwave, and dishes with utensils. The bedroom had a flatscreen, nice furniture, and a nice kingsize bed. It was a nonsmoking room and smelled clean and new. The kitchenette was clean and had everything that I needed later when I brought back left overs from dinner.
The next morning I encountered the maids in the hall, they were very friendly and offered anything that I may need from their carts. In the lobby there was a separate area for quick breakfast, which was nice. And checkout was simple and fast. I will be stay there again with a friend or two.

Room Tip: Request a room in the part of the building near the bank.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with our TripAdvisor Community! We appreciate all of your great comments regarding our staff and spacious suites. I am thrilled that you considered your stay to be so wonderful. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied with each experience and to make their stay memorable. Thank you for mentioning the great accommodations we provide in our suites to ensure that our guests feel right at home. We appreciate you being a loyal customer and promise to strive to keep you happy each time you return. Once again, thank you for your fantastic review and we look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you into our home again soon!

Lake Wales, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This Homewood Suites is the most disgusting and scary of all Homewood Suites I have ever experienced. It looked great from the outside until you read the sign that stated they were not responsible if your car was stolen. The rooms smelled like cigarette smoke and mildew/mold. Each door had 3 locks. One bedroom had 2 doors that lead to exterior of the suite. One bedroom door had a sign that stated "For your protection please ensure this door is locked". The bathroom door could not be opened all the way as it got stuck to the floor. The furniture and carpet was worn out pretty bad. The A/C did not work properly. I had a friend tell me that this Homewood suites is in a bad part of town and is very sketchy. We ended up checking out within an hour of arriving and went to McDonough for a clean, safe, and restful stay! I DO NOT recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere other than Homewood Suites.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community! Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your friend, Dara P. My entire management staff is aware of the bad odor in your suite along with the overall conditions of your suite and I can assure you that they will be addressed accordingly. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta-Galleria, our guests have the option of booking a Two-Bedroom Suite along with our King Master Suite that is capable of adjoining if they are traveling with a large group of people. According to the picture provided, the sign posted inside of our Two-Bedroom Suites is a reminder to our guests to not unlock the adjoining door if they are not traveling with the party next door. This door does not lead to the exterior of the suite, so I would like to send my personal apology for the misinterpretation. The Cumberland/Galleria area of Atlanta is a nice and safe area to stay in if your travels bring you to Atlanta. However, if there was an issue that occurred we would like to be made aware of it so that we can take the proper precautions for the future. The safety of our guests is very important and our goal is for all of our guests to feel in good hands! Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding and I hope that you will allow us to redeem ourselves by welcoming you back into our home if your travels bring you to the Cumberland/Galleria area.

Best Regards,
Lake Wales, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was traveling back from a business conference with coworkers and we decided to book a room at Homewood Suites. A couple of us have had very positive experiences at Homewood and believed this one would also prove to be very nice. We were in for a rude awakening! We are not familiar with the Atlanta area and we were relying on our knowledge of hotel chains. The room smelled heavily of cigarettes (we were not in a smoking room). I tried to cover the smell with air freshener but that did not work. I was certain we would all wake up with cigarette smell in our hair, clothes, etc the next morning. The carpet was spotted and dirty. The furniture was beat up. I have never been in an hotel with banged up furniture! The master bathroom door would not close all the way due to the flooring. In the bedroom with two beds, there were 2 doors that exited outside. There were 3 locks on those 2 doors in the bedroom along with a huge sign that read, "Keep doors locked at all times." Well, one of those locks could not be locked completely! In addition, there was a sign in the parking lot that informed guests that the hotel was not responsible for stolen items in your car or EVEN THE CAR itself! Needless to say, my coworkers checked out immediately and drove 30 minutes to check into a hotel outside of Atlanta. I am shocked that a Hilton chain hotel suite was in such wretched condition! Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else! Don't rick your life or your possessions at this place!

Room Tip: If you are in the Atlanta area, stay outside of the city or be willing to pay hefty bills at exclusi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am very sorry to hear that we did not provide you with the level of accommodations you deserve. Here at the Homewood Suites Cumberland-Galleria we strive to be the best in service and cleanliness. I have taken this matter to the appropriate parties and will look into this matter further with those involved with your experience. Our two bedroom suites are accessed externally along with the majority of our rooms. Most of our guests enjoy the external access because it gives them the apartment style feeling while they are away from home. You mentioned that safety was a concern of yours and commented about the signs that are posted around our property. These signs are very common and are utilized in numerous established businesses such as malls, parking garages, and locker rooms. Please be assured that these signs are not indicating that our hotel is located in a dangerous area, but rather a reminder to our guests to be mindful when they leave valuables in their vehicles. The Cumberland/Galleria area is a wonderful location to stay in while visiting Atlanta and safety issues rarely occur in this area. If there was an issue that you experienced during your stay we would like to be aware of it so that we can take proper precautions for the future. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and I can assure you that we take guest feedback very serious. Thank you again for your time and we would love another chance to welcome you back if your travels bring you to the Atlanta area!

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I want to start out by saying I completely understand that things happen and am more than happy to roll with the punches; however, my recent stay at this Homewood Suites left me feeling completely under valued as a loyal customer of Hilton properties. My friend and I chose this particular property because we have special dietary needs and needed to be able to cook our meals during our stay in Atlanta. When we arrived, the check-in process went smoothly and our room was reasonably clean and comfortable. The next morning, we were preparing to cook our breakfast and the burners on the stove would not heat. We called the front desk. After several calls, someone finally answered, and we told them about the situation. I explained to the attendant that my friend and I needed to prepare our own meals yet the stove was not working. He offered for us to come down to the lobby and have breakfast there. I explained again that we could not do that and would like for someone to come and see about our stove. The head of housekeeping came to our room to check things out. After a while, she identified a nearby room that had a working stove. She was very accommodating and pleasant with us and gave us the opportunity to move our things from our current room to the new room with the working stove. She did everything she could to make us feel comfortable and make things right. This we appreciated very much. But then the horror story starts. Later that evening, we returned to the property and began cooking our evening meal. During this time, I noticed water on the carpet near the wall by the front door. I called the front desk to inform them of the water issue. Nearly 45 minutes later, we still had no one come to check on the problem, and it was getting worse. At that point, we decided to go to the front desk ourselves. When we opened the door, there was a huge puddle of water outside of the door to the room next door. Clearly there was a major problem that needed immediate attention. We got to the lobby and informed the attendant of the problem we had earlier that day and the current situation. She moved us to another room. Thankfully, my friend and I were smart enough to check out the room before moving all of our belongings. We checked out the room and the burners were not working. We turned the burners on high and were able to lay our hand flat on top. No heat whatsoever. We went back to the front desk yet again. The attendant moved us to another room. Again, go to check the burners. Not only are the burners not working, but the light under the microwave was not working either. The kitchen area is not very well lit and without that light, it is definitely inconvenient. We went back to the front desk again. This time, I told the attendant that after moving us one more time, if the situation is not acceptable, we would need to talk to a manager, and I would not be inclined to stay at their property any longer. The attendant was as nice and pleasant as she could possibly be and did everything I think she could to make things right for us. She gave us the keys to our final room. We opened the door and there is a dryer on the floor drying the carpet from whatever issue that room had earlier in the day. The carpet was still very wet and the wood floor in front of the kitchen area was pretty badly buckled. That was the final straw. We returned to the front desk. The attendant called a manager, though I'm not sure who, and she was more than happy to let us leave without helping us in anyway. Yes, our charges had been reversed; however, at this point, that seems like the least they could do. This manager was completely unintereted in trying to make the situation right or keep a customer. She told me that we were free to leave that property and go wherever we wanted to stay. And that's exactly what we did. So over 3 hours after this ordeal started, we ended up going to a Residence Inn Marriott property on Paces Ferry Road. The differences was like night and day! The rooms were very, very nice. Decorations extremely comfortable and contemporary. Instead of a 2-burner stove, they had a full stove with an oven that worked wonderfully. Even though I am a Hilton Honors member and have been loyal to Hilton properties, I would highly recommend this Residence Inn to anyone who needs to have the accommodations we required. Save yourself the trouble and hassle of dealing with this property. Our entire Saturday evening plans were completely ruined because of all of these issues. The attendant told me that the property was 20-years old as a reason for all the problems we were having, but having a 20-year old property is no excuse in my mind, for having a property in disrepair. Some of the most elegant and highly coveted hotels in the United States are much older than 20 years. I truly hope someone over there takes charge and gets this property under control.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
KarenHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our Trip Advisor Community. It is unfortunate that your stay did not reflect the high level of service and accommodations we aim to provide all of our guests and that you left feeling unsatisfied. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and I can assure you that these issues will be addressed accordingly. My entire management team has been made aware of your experience and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and your friend. Once again, thank you for your time and I hope that you allow us the chance to welcome you back into our home if your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Lindsey Martindale

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!