“Pros and cons” 4 of 5 stars

Advance Purchase
Ranked #34 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“Pros and cons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights with our 3 kids while my husband was in town on business. I was very concerned about all 5 of us staying in one room that long, it was great to have the large rooms with a living and kitchen area as well. The room did have some wear (hole in a stool, a piece of tile missing in the bathroom), but it was very clean. The lobby and main floor was very updated and nice. We got a great price and it would have been prefect except for a few small cons.
The beds aren't comfortable, the are very firm mattress and I felt sore every morning.
The pool was cold. The desk clerk said they needed a part for the heater. They did try to run a hose from the laundry room to the pool to try to warm it but it didn't work. The kids swam anyway but they were shivering.
The other con was we couldn't walk anywhere. We felt kinda stuck. The Sheraton cross the street was right next to the mall so we could have walked but I'm sure we wouldn't have got the same price.
Overall, this place was clean and had nice staff. The rooms are large and breakfast was good. With the pool fixed and a mattress topper it would be close to prefect.

• Stayed November 2012
j_stamps, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Galleria, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Both pro and con. So glad you were able to secure a suite since you had 5 people in your family. Your cons have been addressed and yes, we do have many positive points. Breakfast is excellent, suites are spacious and the staff is very friendly and professional.
Come stay with us again on your next trip to Atlanta and we'll turn all your cons to pros.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Lauderdale,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This Hampton has updated the breakfast area affording more space and an open feeling to the lobby.
Flat screen tv's and more HD channels are a huge plus.
The staff as always does everything possible to make your stay comfortable,
As with all the Hamptons the bath amenities need to be updated.

Room Tip: No room service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
j_stamps, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Galleria, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments on our updated "Perfect Lobby Mix" renovation. It was just completed and your written comments are the first we've received. We like it too.
Yes, we have an extra friendly and knowlegable front office staff and well as housekeeping. Always smiling and welcoming.
As for the dated bath amenities - we hear you. Hilton Corp. is currently working on new and upgraded bath amenities. Should be a reality soon.
Thanks again and come back and stay with us again soon.
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here on a quick trip to Atlanta to go to Whitewater. It was a very busy weekend in Atlanta, and our usual choices were booked, and I was looking for something to hold the 6 in our group, including my baby grandson.
It was busy when we checked in, and I had requested a crib for my grandson in our 1 BR queen suite with a sleeper sofa. They asked for a few minutes, but sent it right up. When we called to ask for a sheet for it, it came right up also. The housekeeper was very kind, and let me get more towels for the 6 of us. I appreciate queen beds, instead of doubles that hotels seem to be so fond of. In the suite, there was also a mini kitchen with a 2 burner stove, a fridge, and a small dishwasher. The only disappointment was that the biscuits and muffins at breakfast were a little dry. Nice to be able to make your own waffles!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I travelled here for business, and have stayed locally a few times. I really like this hotel - the rooms are a good size, and the fridges and microwaves are a nice touch. Beds were comfortable and I got a good night's sleep.

The staff here are the best I've come across - friendly and full of advice. Breakfast was also fantastic - lots of choice and a nice breakfast room which got busy but not too busy and always kept clean.

The only issue with this hotel is the location, but if you drive this won't be a problem. If like me, you don't drive, and I realise this is rare for Atlanta, you will have problems. There is no restaurant or bar here, and to get anywhere you need to rely on the shuttle because of the busy roads and lack of pedestrian facilities -again the norm for ATL. That said the shuttle was easy to use, and the driver a pleasure to chat with. Highly recommended if you need somewhere to stay with fantastic service but you need a car!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine, which can rumble a bit at night!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
j_stamps, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Galleria, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments concerning our outstanding staff, our sparkly clean hotel, the spacious rooms, the value added extra amenities and our super breakfast area.
So sorry our location is less than you had hoped for. We are located on a busy road and sometimes you have to wait a little bit before exiting the hotel.
We hope you come back and visit us real soon. Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Galleria for your recent hotel stay.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn 7/5 - 7/13. I was traveling with a big group, that stayed at another hotel, but because I am a Hilton Honors member, and typically like Hampton Inns, I decided to stay at this one. Before doing so, I called the hotel to ask about the size of the lobby, as I knew that I would need to meet folks from the other hotel throughout my stay. I also asked, about the pool, since I knew my son would want to use it.
When we arrived, I noticed there was no lobby, because it was completely closed off for renovation. This came as a huge surprise, because no one cared to mention it when I called. When I explained that I would need to meet other folks at the lobby, it was suggested that I upgrade to a larger room that would provide e with living room space. This was less than ideal, but after traveling I didn't want to look for another hotel, and went ahead and took the upgrade. Then room was clean and fine enough.
Later that day we learned that the pool would be closed for the majority of our stay. So now both the things that I needed were not going to be available to me, and I'm not staying with my group over at the other hotel.
When I asked to speak with a manager, the person at the front desk, gave me a business card and then later told me that it was the wrong card, and they would have to get me the correct information, which never came. I told someone else about my displeasure, and they gave me an e-mail address that when I wrote to it, my e-mail was never answered.
I travel alot, and had actually stayed at another Hampton Inn, in Richmond, VA the week before where everything was fine. What really troubles me about my stay here is why no one thought to tell me the truth about my questions regarding use of the lobby, and pool. Having to work around the lack of a hotel lobby is something that I should not have had to deal with, and typically wouldn't have been so important, but it was this time, and the staff should always be honest when a guest calls to ask about amenities that they need, no matter how small they seem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We only stayed here one night during our trip but it met our needs wonderfully. Room was clean & had excellent water pressure. Had a bed & a pull out couch - there was an extra blanket in the room but no extra pillows for the pull out bed. It's conveniently right off the highway - just 18 min. from downtown ATL. The lobby/breakfast area was in the process of being renovated. The breakfast had the largest selection out of the 3 hotels we stayed in for the week.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
j_stamps, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Galleria, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your 1 night stay with us recently at our Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Galleria. You are so right. We are convenient to anywhere you might want to go.
Yes, we are improving our lobby currently and will soon feature the new "perfect mix lobby" concept.
So, come back for another excellent guest experience. We love having youi here.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here with family for a week -- location is great, right beside Interstate 285 and a short walk/drive to the Cobb Galleria, Cumberland mall, Costco (with gas), a slew of dining options (PF Chang's, Maggiano's, Carrabba's) and fast food (Starbucks, Chipotle, Dunkin', Panda Express). 15-20 minutes from Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta. MARTA bus accessible.

We wanted to extend our stay, but hotel didn't have any suites available on the weekend. Staff tried hard to accomodate us nonetheless. We ultimately stayed elsewhere, but appreciated the gesture and the overall sincerity of the staff. Housekeeping was efficient and friendly aswell.

Lobby is currently being renovated but working hours were during the afternoon, and we were on the second floor and didn't hear a thing. Hotel was very quiet in general.

One small complaint would be the security door on the left side of the building, which was supposed to allow entry with a room key but remained unlocked all the time even late at night.

Otherwise, a solid experience, and we won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
So glad you had a positive experience at our Hampton Inn & Suites recently. We are so convenient to so many dining and shopping options and so convenient to highway. So accessible to anywhere you might want to go.
Yes, we are undergoing major lobby renovation and soon we will have (for your enjoyment) our "perfect lobby mix" concept. Come back and visit us again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Galleria? Share your experiences!