“Convenient, clean and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #91 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Toronto
“Convenient, clean and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Clean hotel room. Seems that they recently renovated the guest rooms. The décor was very modern and sharp. We ordered room service and surprisingly I had one of the best burgers I ever had. It takes only 7 minutes to get to the airport. We took the free shuttle, which runs each 30 min back and fort from the airport to the hotel. Wifi is free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chipley, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I ended up here due to missing a flight. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the airport and took me back the next day. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and quick and called a taxi for me to go to dinner. The room was clean and plush...no problems with anything. I like a mini fridge in a room and they didn't have one but that's the only thing of note. This was an overnight stay and my main objective was to be close to the airport and make the flight the next day so the location was great for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Etowah, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We would like to commend Alivia & Almaz for their cheerful and accommodating service at 6:30 a.m .in the restaurant. Their pleasant attitude started our day (after a 24 hour trip abroad) with a smile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'll start off with the good. The lobby was nice and check-in was easy. The event facilities were nice(My family reunion was in the hotel). Though I didn't go to the pool it really looked inviting. The room was nice upon entry with modern furniture and a flat screen TV. Everything was fine until it was time to take a shower. I tried to adjust the shower head ever so gently and the fixture came out of the wall. It was not properly mounted what so ever. Also, when I reached for a towel ever so gently the rack fell on the floor because it was barely mounted to the wall. I contacted the front desk and they put in a maintenance ticket to fix it while I was out. I came back hoping to be able to get ready for an event that evening and nothing was fixed. Then maintenance came to my room and could not fix the shower head so I requested a room change. I gathered my things and went to the lobby and changed rooms. Wouldn't you know the Room#2 also the same issue with a loose shower head. I notified the front desk and was they said someone will be up to move me to another room. The person brought me another room card and breakfast voucher and wanted to see what the issue with the shower(I guess he thought I was making it up) and left. I guess he forgot to assist me with moving and I had to move my own things but I digress. I moved to a room on the executive floor with a free breakfast voucher. I noted an electrical outlet dangling from the wall under the desk but the shower head was properly mounted so I proceeded to get ready. To top it room#3 didn't have an iron so I had to wait on an iron. I'm an easy going person and can understand things may not be perfect, but don't continue to move a guest who is having a room issue with one room to another without checking it out first.

Room Tip: Check the shower head in the bathroom. There's a two out of three chance it may not be properly...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear duvalplaya,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us and if your stay was negatively affected by the condition of our rooms. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. I am relieved to know that the hotel gave you a breakfast voucher for their shortfalls. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This visit was the best hotel stay I have had for several months. I've read other reviews and wondered if I was reviewing the correct place. Check in ok. there were 2 people in front of me and after waiting a couple minutes, another clerk came out and helped. I'm a Priority Rewards member and my membership was acknowledged. The room was clean, we'll appointed and everything worked. First place i check when I walk into a room is the bathtub. if its not clean, i start looking at everything. The hallway was comfortably cool, not stuffy like a lot of hotels. The breakfast was a buffet and was good and there was a good selection and the food was hot. Service for breakfast was very good. Every waiter was constantly asking me if I needed more coffee or juice and did I like the food. Only ate breakfast at the hotel because I went to Simons steakhouse (I recommend this place) for dinner. I reviewed the restaurant, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel was immaculate. The grounds were well maintained and the landscaping was lush and green. The rooms were beautiful, decorated in warm, eclectic colors. All rooms have been renovated and have new bedding and updated fixtures with a flat screen TV. Please note there is no free parking at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta there is a $12 charge per night, but you can come and go as you choose. The hotel is located in a great location, right off the freeway and within one exit of the airport. There is a Waffle House and other Restaurants within minutes from the Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Battle Creek, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of us was in ATL for a Conference at this hotel, the rooms smelled of smoke, there was no ice machine available to the guest, we had to go downstairs to the front dest nad ask the clerk for a bucket of ice.

Room Tip: chose a different hotel, this place was not what we expected espeically when it is a company that ou...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Kimberly S,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!