“one good reason” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Alexandria, Minnesota
“one good reason”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Havolyn in the club lounge is one of the reasons I like staying at this hotel. She always makes you feel like family. The hotel is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet, in the dining room, is a little pricey for me. That is the only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 rating. Very close, and Havolyn sure brings the ratings up. The employees at the front desk are also very friendly and professional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Andre M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Ariport. We surely appreciate you pointing out our excellent service and helpful staff. We will definitely pass your comments along to our management team. We hope to see you again when next you travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay unexpectedly but found my accommodations most comfortable.
I had a family member at a hospital downtown and after spending the day with him I really enjoyed the restful and welcoming environment of the hotel after a long day.
The lounge area was very cozy with an outdoor terrace with gas logs. The bartenders were always pleasant and remembered my drink of choice. The room at night was quiet and room service didn't start until after 10 am so that was nice. The front desk staff were so professional and so nice.
Complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff in the dining room was very pleasant.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atlanta for business or pleasure.
My husband and I hope to return soon and really enjoy all that Atlanta has to offer.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Andre M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review, we really appreciate it. We take great pride in our facility so it's nice to hear when its recognized by our customers. We also appreciate you feedback on the accomodation, staff and services. We hope to see you again when next you travel.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is very nice in décor and service. I must say that Stacy (valet/bell desk) and the lady in the Club Lounge are the reasons I gave it 4 stars rather than 3. Both of these individuals are courteous, professional, and truly want to make you feel welcome. They choose to politely and respectfully interact with guests while many of the other staff simply ignore your presence.

The rooms are well appointed but are very small for the price (I paid over $150 with taxes and parking). The Executive Level is quiet and very clean, as were the rooms and common areas. The bed was comfortable and yet if your room faces the freeway, you will hear noise even on the 11th floor. The parking fee is a bit steep for the area and the Drury Inn across the street offers very similar accommodations for less and with free parking in the same type of secured lot.

I apologize but this hotel is really not much to talk about. They do allow pets for a fee so that is a positive for me. Again, the rooms were incredibly small and there is nothing that wows you or stands out really. Good for a one-night airport layover. Not bad, but not the best by far.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
West Monroe, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had our travel plans altered by the winter storm Nemo last week. I had my flight changed to ATL and was informed I would have a overnight stay in ATL ( our final destination was NYC). Delta airlines suggested I book a hotel for the evening. After being transferred and booking the hotel my flight to ATL was cancelled only one hour after making the reservation. I spoke with the hotel three times and they would refund any of the the hotel stay since it wasn't there fault I had bad weather and the weather wasn't in ATL. Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport stole $150.00 from my and my wife. I will never stay at any hotels even associated with the InterContinental Hotel group. I previously planned to stay at the Crowne plaza in New Orleans and NYC later this year but have cancelled both of those reservations. This company doesn't care about there customers. They didn't care that I was stuck in a airport for two days. This company could have offered a partial refund if not the full 100%. Never stay at this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks you for you feedback regarding your reservation at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I was glad I was able to resolved this matter favorable for you. Again we apologize for your recent experience with us and we will utilized your feedback to satisfy our customers in a timely manner
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a nice, comfortable, modern hotel.

The gym has basic cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights.

The shuttle to/from the ATL airport runs frequently - but it only goes to the domestic terminal, so you take the airport shuttle to the international.

There are gas stations and fast food restaurants within steps of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Andre M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, we appreciate you pointing out our renovated gym and other amemities. I will definitely pass your comments along to our management team. Thanks again for your comment, hope to see you again when next you travel
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Due to an unexpected delay at the airport, I stayed a night at the Crowne Plaza. What a wonderful surprise! The room was just what I needed but the only reason why I'm writing this review is because of the staff. More specifically, Annalesha went above and beyond her duties and is an asset to this hotel. By far the best experience I've had the moment I stepped into the lobby and it was because of her friendliness. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on your most recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, we really appreciate you pointing out our helpful staff. Also we take pride in our new renovations, so it nice to hear when it's recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to see you when next you travel
Arcata, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The executive floor appetizers and drinks is a very nice addition to this hotel and a wonderful respite for a weary traveler. The service of Havolyn who is there to greet you with a smile and hand you a beverage is extraordinary. She is friendly and attentive and was the best part of my stay. I will definitely be back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for that wonderful feedback on our excellent staff and amenities while staying here at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, we really appreciate your business. Thank you again hope to see you in the near future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!