“Kind and Helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Kind and Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel surprised me as it is not in a desirable area, but it's convenience and hospitality make the difference. The employees are kind, helpful and friendly. The only negative is the gym which needs updating and some of the machines did not work.

Room Tip: Floors 11 and 12 include the Club Level (concierge) services.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andre M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Wethemoores,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We always strive to exceed out guests expectations and are delighted hear that you had a pleasant experience with our associates. My apologies about the fitness center equipment. We will make sure all machines are functional until our renovation is completed by the end of the year and we can present a fully updated fitness center that will include new state of the art equipment.

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We just barely arrived to make the priority club cocktail hour and Havolyn was wonderful. We told her we were not able to make breakfast because our flight was too early and she gave us some goodies, milk, water and fruit for the early morning. I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Andre M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Teresa1963_63,
Thank you very much for your kind comments about Havolyn's service, which you experienced during your recent stay with us. We are very proud to have her on our team, especially her dedication to exceed out guests expectations. Sincerely,
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Poor internet service really caused many of the problems I encountered while staying at The Crowne Plaza. However, Havolyn who worked in the Concierge Lounge 11th floor was a welcomed sight after battling with the lack of/poor internet service all day. I was there for a week and had internet issues every day. However, Havolyn's professionalism was refreshing. Hard to believe she worked at the hotel, as she was exceptionally friendly. From what I saw, she treated all guests the same, like family. She made an otherwise terribly inconvenient visit more bearable.
If I return, it will be due to my very positive experience with Havolyn. I will make sure my return is after Crowne Plaza has completed renovating.

The five dots/stars are solely due to Havolyn.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in 31-39. as they have the worse internet reception. That is the excuse...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Howard_CLS, Thank you for the outstanding recognition you have given to Havolyn about her exceptional service during your stay. She is certainly our "crowne" jewel and we are extremely proud of her. I will make sure that the gets the recognition she deserves! You will also be glad to hear that we just completed our free to guest Internet upgrade which should greatly enhance your on-line experience moving forward. We do apologize for the connectivity issues you experienced. We would be honored if you visit us again when our renovations are completed by the end of the year and experience the new product and service you expect and deserve.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was my first time staying here.. I was impressed by the check in agent i forgot her name..She was very helpful and she is a gem.. I wasn't impressed with my room on the 11th floor.... There was no robe in my room as i was trying to relax... No problem i guess?? I went out my room and ask housekeeping about my robe... She went to get one for me and i was pleased.. Then i went to wash my hands and i found a clean unopened bar of soap on a dirty towel? toilet roll holder was broken..... Just to name a few things.... To add my thoughts about V.I.P Lounge i guess it was ok maybe Havolyn was entertaining the other reviewers... After one beer and waiting for her.... I started feeling sleepy and went back to my room... This will be my last time here at this property and other IHG properties. Just FYI since the Ice Maker on the 11th floor was broken i was told to use the stairs to the 10th floor for ice.... When you use the elevator... key is required and i felt secured.. No key is required for the stairs?? And this is an Executive floor? Think twice..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andre M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, and we were glad to read your comments about our Front desk associate. However, your cleanliness and club floor comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Our hotel will undergo a complete renovation starting October 1 and we are excited about the improvements that will be made to enhance our guests experience.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Service was average. What was above and beyond was the service of Havolyn in the priority club room! She was polite and friendly. Very welcoming. Another above and beyond employee was AJ at the bar. Granted, I am not a drinker but my soda never was dry as I watched sports with other patrons. If all the other employees were as welcoming and friendly as these two exceptional employees, this facility would be excellent. My stay here was for over 2 weeks.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel many times over the last year and a half and one person sticks out as a rock star everytime I am there... Havolyn! She works in the VIP room on the 11th floor every week night. She is amazing... She greets everyone by their first name. And hands out hugs to everyone! If it is your first time at the VIP lounge, she will spend a few minutes getting to know you and where you are from and why you are in Atlanta. She introduces guests that have similar backgrounds or interests. I have made a few friends based on this wonderful lounge! And have definitely made a friend in Havolyn!

Another wonderful staff is Kimberly in the bar area. On my recent stay, she was very attentive to us. She has such a positive attitude as well!

Thank you to both Havolyn and Kimberly for making my stay at the Crowne incredibly awesome!! You both ROCK!

Room Tip: The VIP lounge is on the 11th floor so if you can (generally for Priority Club Members (gold +) stay...
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed overnight before an early flight; very convenient to airport and off site air parking. Rooms and lobby were clean and confortable. Supper at the hotel restuarant was very good and quiet atmosphere

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!