“Our return visit just as great!” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anderson, South Carolina
“Our return visit just as great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here in May 2013 and enjoyed it very much. Happy to report this hotel is still a winner.
We stayed in room 517 (overlooking the pool/parking lot--the "quiet" side of the hotel), with 2 double beds.
The good:
-super comfy beds
-spacious room with big window
-very quiet (and I'm a light sleeper)
-friendly, helpful staff
-unbelievably wonderful breakfast! The best grits I've ever had, omelets made to order, bacon and sausage patties, scrambled eggs,biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, a cafe latte/capucino machine.
-free parking

The not so good:
-bathroom not huge but there's a long vanity to put toiletries, and the shower is very good.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor (fifth) away from the busy street.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I spent three nights at the Wingate recently, two of which were very enjoyable in a nice, clean, spacious room. However one night was an unprecedented disaster with little sleep and multiple trips to the front desk as I pleaded with them to resolve (what sounded to me like) a dangerous fight between a couple in the adjoining room. The argument started at 12:30am with raised voices and objects being thrown against the wall, and ended at 2:30am with the lady of the couple leaving. We could hear every word for those two hours, including front desk attempts to break up the fight. After finally getting to sleep we were awakened by the neighbor's almost-cartoon-like snoring at 3:30. Next morning, when the day manager took over, we were moved to another room and our last night's stay was comped.

So, despite the great breakfast with made to order omelets, and the free parking and WiFi, there are too many hotel options in Buckhead near this price point for me to return to the Wingate.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the suite, or avoid an adjoining room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

During my visit, I was in need of directions to return home since I am new to the area. The representative at the front desk named Carmen admitted that she was not sure of the directions but offered to get the directions for me. As I prepared to write them down she informed me that she was printing them out. I made it home flawlessly which is a bid deal considering the highways in Georgia. Wow, that was great service!

Green Features: The environment is warm, friendly and informative.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Johnsonville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights. We went to atlanta to babysit my grandkids while daughter attended a wedding there. We needed a place to sleep and dress. This was great place. No need for high end high price. This property gave great value. No parking fee. Free internet ( had project due) great speed. Breakfast great. Made to order omelet , chefs were so nice each day. Waffles good. Great value for atlanta buck head area. It was very clean also. Staff was super friendly. Loved nightshift guy!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When I got to my room it was about 90 degrees inside because someone turned on the heat and left it on full force. I remedied that with the AC. I had to have AC running all night to drown out the noise of the traffic on the main road outside my window. Room was at the front of the hotel. I didn't care for a handicapped room and I thought bathroom had an odor but I did like the quick access to the elevator. I did not like that my room had a door to the room next door. I could here that person at times. Room was clean and bed and pillows very comfortable. I slept very good despite all the comments here. Breakfast was not good. Eggs were bland and grits were slimey.
Didn't eat breakfast there the next day.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Cheerful, sunny room, decent breakfast, friendly, helpful staff, limo service to nearby attractions. I couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingatebyWyn, Guest Relations Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for this great review Barbara! It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead and hope to see you back soon for another excellent, five out of five experience.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!