“Consistently good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our stay here. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed into ATL so we did not check in until late that night (a 5 hour flight turned into 9). It was clear we were tired and hungry when we got to the front desk. Unfortunately, I do not remember the gentleman who helped us, but he picked up on this right away and had us checked in immediately and gave us a list of places to eat, but on top of that, he highlighted the places that would be open and his recommendations. Once my ears perked up at one type of cuisine, he immediately called the restaurant to see if they can accommodate us. He told us to drop our bags off in our room, let him know if the room is ok (which yes, it was), and he would have directions for us by the time we get back down. We couldn't have been more pleased with him going the extra mile and taking care of us in such a great manner.

As others stated about the room, it is hardwood floors with an area rug. I found the room to be spacious enough, and the bed was very comfortable. I slept great. I like the anti-microbial tv remote too. There were plenty of electrical outlets to plug all our devices too. The shower was nice and there is plenty of counter space in the bathroom. If you want a quiet room, I suggest you request for one as we had no noise problems during our stay.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good too. You had a made-to-order omelette guy, who is also a waffle guy. There was definitely something for everyone at this breakfast and I left satisfied. And I left with some fruit for me to snack on later too.

Overall, convenient location in Buckhead, great rooms, great night sleep, and excellent service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the Wingate for a couple of nights in Dec 2012. I flew in from the Middle East on business and was dog tired when I finally got to the desk. (Fourteen hours is too long for any sane person to stay in a cramped airline seat.) Good front desk attention and they worked with me to check in early. Yes, this is an older property, without a lot of extras, but they really do seem to try hard. Breakfast had a good selection with eggs cooked to order. The omelette I had was done perfectly. Bed was comfy, shower felt like heaven, internet was fast enough. The surprise was when I asked for the complimentary ride to the mall, and I was taken in a stretch limo. I felt a little silly, but it was a nice treat. When I was done shopping, a quick phone call and my limo pulled right up to where I was waiting. The driver was a friendly guy and we chatted about it. He mentioned it was one of the few things they adopted to stand out from all the hotels in the area. They knew they weren't the shiniest and didn't have the most amenities. I thought it was a clever idea. I can easily forget a basic, comfortable hotel, but probably won't forget my surprise at being chauffeured in a limo! A larger property might offer room service, gyms, spas, bars, and restaurants -- which are all great things when you are on a high-end vacation and want to be pampered. This little "hotel that could" offered friendly service, a clean and comfortable room, and a little hutzpah. I applaud their efforts. Nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!