“A bit disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I found the Wingate in Buckhead while searching for a venue for my company's annual sales meeting. It's in an ideal location - close to MARTA, shops and dining options. I didn't realize this hidden gem could accomodate a meeting for 60 attendees with plenty of meeting space, a boardroom, and a large dining area.

The owners were super nice and met with me in advance to plan the menu, transportation and room accomodations for my group. They were very proactive with suggestions to ensure the meeting ran flawlessly. Our group utilized the hotel limo to and from all 4 of our dinner events each night. The owners personally made sure the 4 1/2 day meeting ran smoothly and they checked in with me often. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to ensure our attendees needs were taken care of. The chef personally made sure my guests with dietary needs were taken care of in advance, and the kitchen had no problem offering glueten free and vegetarian meals. The food was excellent - very fresh and much better quality than I've experienced at other hotels.

My room was nice and clean with hardwood floors, a large flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. As an event planner, I know from experience the price is very reasonable for a Buckhead property, espcially for a 4-day meeting for 60 people. The Wingate does not nickle and dime you for photocopies, use of the business center or gym, and they offer comlimentary Internet throughout the hotel!

I was very pleased with this hotel, as was my Executive Team. I'm confident we will host future meetings at the Wingate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, Owner at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
It was our pleasure to have hosted your company's meeting. We have the capacity and all of the services to handle the size of meeting you had, and we are thrilled it went off flawlessly.
Thank you so much for your kind words and awesome review.
Anonymous
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Lovely staff, lovely room (although the sink could have used a spritz of bleach, and the floor should be more carefully mopped - there's always something anywhere you go - even the Ritz, I'm sure!). The bed was SO comfortable - like sleeping on a cloud!

You will want to make sure and bring a sleeping mask, if light bothers you when you sleep. Hubby didn't mind, but, to me, there seemed like too much light was coming in from the windows, even though both screen and blind were closed. Sleeping mask made it a non-issue.

The room is very nicely appointed. One problem was the tiny amount of space between the bed and the desk chair. We should have moved it, and will in the future. If you get up in the night, you may forget it's there and trip.

Great climate control, nice big TV. Pretty quiet. They got us a room on a high floor, away from the elevator, just as we requested. No surprises, just a bill under the door in the morning. All in all, a nice stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are doing some renovations, so we apologies for some of the construction mess. Please come back and see us it will be "beautiful" and up to date.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead

Address: 3600 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta > Buckhead
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#3 Family Hotel in Atlanta
#4 Business Hotel in Atlanta
#8 Green Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:3 star — Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Atlanta - Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
Wingate Hotel Buckhead

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.