“Best Hotel Stay Ever~” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Best Hotel Stay Ever~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

These people were behaving like they were in a television commercial, but guess what? No cameras! They greet you with a friendly hello the minute you step foot in the door. Even people who were not directly helping said "hello" and "thank you" and "welcome" and were ready to accommodate however they needed to. And I'm not just talking average friendly.......this place was Fabulous. They are clean, professional, reliable and they have best damn service I've seen in years. I've traveled in and our of this country and I've not had Caribbean Resorts treat me this nice. Awesome hotel. If you are able to stay in Buckhead...stay here. You'll love it!

• Liked — The service personnel was AMAZING~
  • Disliked — Absolutely nothing~
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business

1,189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

I stayed for two nights (3 days), and it was basically better than perfect. Very friendly staff, 24 hour snacks, bar open until about midnight, shuttle service in their suv's and Lincoln limos.
Nice breakfast, the rooms were big and nice looking.

I hope to be back! Will definitely choose Wingate Inn on my next return to Atlanta.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — That I didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

This is a nice place to stay in Buckhead that is convenient to everything.

I am a Ritz girl all the way and love the Ritz Carlton Buckhead and in other places. This was a very nice cheaper alternative that gave me everything I needed and still let me feel like I was staying in a luxury hotel.

The staff was also very helpful.

The one thing I would point out is that the parking in the back of the hotel is a bit scary at night if you are alone. I did not feel like anyone would know if someone came up to me out there. Luckily, I was able to find a parking spot by the door.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

contray to the reviews we read when we were looking for atlanta hotels. This is an ordinary motel equal to any low cost place. The breakfast that was raved about is typical motel continental breakfast with the addition of hot plates of eggs and bacon and sausage -dried out bacon at 8.30am- no better no worse than any other.Not very appetizing.

• Liked — close to shopping
  • Disliked — uncomfortable tempeture
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

I just read the most recent review of this Hotel and was pretty surprised by the comments. My family and I stayed at this Hotel this past New Year's Eve (12/31/07) while in town for the Chick Fil A Bowl. It's rare that a Hotel lives up to its rating, I mean how many do? This one did.

The front desk had us registered and ready to go in less than 3 minutes, that in itself was fairly extraordinary. Fairly unfamiliar with the Atlanta area we asked Marquis at the front desk for some tips getting to and from the GA Dome. He gave us instructions as to what stops to take, where to transfer, and where to find a cab on the return trip. He arranged for the Hotel limo to drop us off at the Marta station. We followed his instructions and didn't have the first problem (did I mention it was New Year's Eve?) Marquis also provided us with suggestions of where to eat and directions to get there. I was blown away by the level of customer service. "My Pleasure" was heard on more than one occasion from their front desk employees.

Our room was immaculate and everthing it was advertised to be. It was well decorated and had more amenities than you would expect from a 3 star Hotel. Let me give you a little insight, I am extremely picky , to the point of having fairly unrealistic expectations and this room was exceptional. You could audibly hear my husband and son's sigh of relief when they saw my reaction to our room.

The free American breaskfast served the next morning was hot, delicious and plentiful. Let me say one more time, it was New Year's weekend.

I concede that rooms vary so it is not outside the realm of possibility that a bad room exists at this Hotel, but that was not our experience. Could the desk have been unattended at some time or another? Sure, but again, we just didn't see it while we were there. The common areas of the Hotel were clean and well decorated and every employee that we encountered was friendly and courteous. I know I'm overdoing the reminder that it was New Year's Eve, but if they were able to provide this kind of experience during a time that is typically prone to drunken guests, overbooking and the problems those can bring, then they have to be doing something right.

We will definitely stay at this Hotel when we are in the Atlanta area again, without question.

• Liked — Quality and Service
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
tallahassee, fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2007

Don't Believe anything you read about this hotel.... I've stayed at many hotels and this by far is the worst hotel i've ever stayed at. The room smelled soo bad and everything looked sooo old. We were up all night because we could hear people arguing in the hallway and we could hear people next door. We had reservations for 5 nights and we checked out immediately the following morning. We booked a room at the ITERCONTINENTAL BUCKHEAD what an amazing hotel for the same price..

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness and comfort
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Crossmaglen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

I stayed at this hotel after a long flight from Ireland on 9th Dec. All the good things I read on Tripadvisor was absolutely correct. I was picked up at Buckhead station by their complimentary car service within a 3km radius and the hotel and room was very clean and comfortable with double beds and all mod cons. Breakfast was fantastic with lots of choice and a great chef who made the most fantastic Belgian waffles(malt as the magic ingredient). If you have a stay in Atlanta stay here. There are also great restaurants near the hotel and of course the hotel drive you there and back in their limousine.

• Liked — The free car service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!